Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flosports deal with new WCHA a disaster for fans

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    If you brought in professional production teams and professional broadcast talent for all included events, the costs would be far higher. Astronomically higher. And I guarantee that there are student crews that out on some pretty good productions.
    Try to keep up.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Try to keep up.
      $30/mo isn't just for the WCHA anymore...not to mention I'm pretty sure students run the cameras at MTU games...no problems there. The problem is everyone should just do the annual which gets you everything for $150 for a year...much better deal, still wish they could figure out a way to let you pick the announcing crew...
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

During the Hockey East playoffs some games were not available because I lived in an area where NESN had the games. I paid the monthly fee because I was only interested in the HE games so Flosports was a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
          During the Hockey East playoffs some games were not available because I lived in an area where NESN had the games. I paid the monthly fee because I was only interested in the HE games so Flosports was a waste of money.
          I don't know if that was your issue...I live in Minnesota and got a location error too. I think FloSports was having issues with those games. They worked on my phone but not on my roku.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            $30/mo isn't just for the WCHA anymore...not to mention I'm pretty sure students run the cameras at MTU games...no problems there. The problem is everyone should just do the annual which gets you everything for $150 for a year...much better deal, still wish they could figure out a way to let you pick the announcing crew...
            Yes, I understand about the students, which is why I said "that don't know what they're doing". Students are fine, but that is not an acceptable excuse for poor quality product. The students need to be putting out a professional product. $30/month is outrageous for most people. I have interest in watching maybe 2 games per month. So, that means I have zero use for anything Flosports offers, because $15 per game is insane.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yes, I understand about the students, which is why I said "that don't know what they're doing". Students are fine, but that is not an acceptable excuse for poor quality product. The students need to be putting out a professional product. $30/month is outrageous for most people. I have interest in watching maybe 2 games per month. So, that means I have zero use for anything Flosports offers, because $15 per game is insane.
              I believe previously it was $10/game or so for a "day pass" or whatever but did you know there are also sweden league games $150/year isn't terrible but I really shouldn't talk because I got one as media.

In other news people, off the record, you can share logins on flosports as far as I can tell they do not limit you to 1 screen so share logins between friends

Comment

I don't know how many schools have students involved. We have them doing the camera work but not the voice work. For us, it's budget, unfortunately. It's stupid, but there it is.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  I believe previously it was $10/game or so for a "day pass" or whatever but did you know there are also sweden league games $150/year isn't terrible but I really shouldn't talk because I got one as media.

In other news people, off the record, you can share logins on flosports as far as I can tell they do not limit you to 1 screen so share logins between friends
                  They do limit it to one device at a time. If I have it playing on my phone and it croaks, I'll open it on my iPad only to be told I am already streaming it on another device and it kicks me off. Other than that, share away 😀

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                    They do limit it to one device at a time. If I have it playing on my phone and it croaks, I'll open it on my iPad only to be told I am already streaming it on another device and it kicks me off. Other than that, share away 😀
                    hmm...I've never had a problem combining roku and iphone/ipad...must be a multiple apple device issue?

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      If you brought in professional production teams and professional broadcast talent for all included events, the costs would be far higher. Astronomically higher. And I guarantee that there are student crews that out on some pretty good productions.
                      Students are not the problem.......floundering staff leadership is the problem..........solution............. some need to be canned....just sayin...... i can start the list.....
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Working...
                      X