Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #4 - UNE at Norwich

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
    It just so happens that my job is making toilets, so it would be an honor for you to take a dump on my work.
    Its clear you cant handle dissenting opinion and you need to grow up.
    It isn't an issue to dissent, but being rude and inflammatory is never appropriate. Your behavior does not reflect well on SNC.

A good preview provides an unbiased presentation of information about both teams, highlights key players for both teams, and provides some insight into how the teams match up and the consequences of the game. Prez' preview did exactly that.
    Last edited by NUProf; 03-13-2019, 10:59 PM.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      Dan has his way of doing things and I have mine. Each are effective with what our audience is looking for. My hat is off to the job Dan has done over his 20+ years in the job and adjusting/staying the course of what works for him and SNC with the ever-changing landscape of the SID business and the expectations and pressure that are put on our positions each year to do “new” things.

He’s a terrific writer and does a great job with the weekly “game notes” that he keeps and have a lot of information provided via the reports option in statcrew.

If you don’t think the preview I put out is helpful for you, that’s fine, I’ve got plenty of people in my target audience and constituency that like it and it hits the points they are looking for going into Saturday’s game.

There are plenty of high-level schools that won’t put any work into previews or cultivating relationships with local media, which are two cornerstones to the profession at this time of year when you’re trying to capitalize on regional and national attention for your team once the herd thins out and only eight teams are left playing hockey in the country.
      Don’t you worry Prez, this preview is very similar to what’s put forth by most D1 teams, in the big conferences, and is how it should be. A stat-based base-level analysis of a game between two teams. Look at game notes from either school in the DU/UND series this weekend, and it’s similar.

snc1 - if you want more “meat”, hit up a writer not employed by a school involved in a game.

r

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        It isn't an issue to dissent, but being rude and inflammatory is never appropriate. Your behavior does not reflect well on SNC.

A good preview provides an unbiased presentation of information about both teams, highlights key players for both teams, and provides some insight into how the teams match up and the consequences of the game.. Prez' preview did exactly that.
        +1

Comment

A good preview provides an unbiased presentation of information about both teams, highlights key players for both teams, and provides some insight into how the teams match up and the consequences of the game. Prez' preview did exactly that.
          Agree!

Comment

Well stated by Krb and Prof. I couldn't agree more!
            Middlebury Hockey....The Greatest DIII Show on Skates

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Dan has his way of doing things and I have mine. Each are effective with what our audience is looking for. My hat is off to the job Dan has done over his 20+ years in the job and adjusting/staying the course of what works for him and SNC with the ever-changing landscape of the SID business and the expectations and pressure that are put on our positions each year to do “new” things.

He’s a terrific writer and does a great job with the weekly “game notes” that he keeps and have a lot of information provided via the reports option in statcrew.

If you don’t think the preview I put out is helpful for you, that’s fine, I’ve got plenty of people in my target audience and constituency that like it and it hits the points they are looking for going into Saturday’s game.

There are plenty of high-level schools that won’t put any work into previews or cultivating relationships with local media, which are two cornerstones to the profession at this time of year when you’re trying to capitalize on regional and national attention for your team once the herd thins out and only eight teams are left playing hockey in the country.
              THAT'S MY SID!

Thanks for all your work Prez and for always condoning yourself in a professional manner both on and offline.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                THAT'S MY SID!

Thanks for all your work Prez and for always condoning yourself in a professional manner both on and offline.
                I thought his name was Derek?

BTW - this was just posted on FB by the Norwich Parents Association
                The Norwich University men’s ice hockey team is in the 2019 NCAA Divison III Tournament! Norwich will host the Univ. of New England on Saturday, March 16 at 7 p.m. in Kreitzberg Arena in the quarterfinal matchup.

Tickets are available at www.cadetstickets.com or by calling Kevin Reed at the Kreitzberg Arena box office at 802-485-2880.

For those unable to attend, there will be a live video stream at www.nsnsports.net/colleges/Norwich
                It ought it was sold out earlier?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  I thought his name was Derek?

BTW - this was just posted on FB by the Norwich Parents Association

It ought it was sold out earlier?
                  Any idea when they will be available online today?

Comment

I encourage you to check out USCHO's top story today: it features Cadet Cam Beecy, Norwich class of 2019, who is also set to become a USAF officer on 12 May. Impressive young man.
                    Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

We had supper with Cam at a Blueline club event 2-3 years ago at the Rustic. He is a fine young man an
                      wish him the best of luck in May. We truly enjoyed getting to meet this local player.

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                        Any idea when they will be available online today?
                        Tickets were just released at 3pm...Head on now to try and scoop up some seats!
                        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

1-1 end one in Northfield. Pretty evenly matched contest so far.

r

Comment

My son played with the UNE goalie back in the day so since they got eliminated last week I thought I'd tune in. The Norwich rink looks like a great facility and full! My question is the attendance at Norwich usually good. If it is, must be a great environment for D-3.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                              My son played with the UNE goalie back in the day so since they got eliminated last week I thought I'd tune in. The Norwich rink looks like a great facility and full! My question is the attendance at Norwich usually good. If it is, must be a great environment for D-3.
                              It’s been a great environment since it was built in ‘97ish, though not quite as full as the earlier years.

Still 1-1, after two. Norwich is starting to look like the better team.

r

Comment

Bonus hockey in Northfield. OT puck drop around 9:10 ET
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X