NCAA Quarterfinal #4 - UNE at Norwich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
    I don't know about Horseheads, but this was a great pregame preview! Thank you.. I am sure this game will become an instant classic, just hope it's for my team!
    This is not a great preview. Its along the lines of a generalized preview in the USA Today about a mid season game the writer was forced to write.
    Wheres the meat and potatoes?

Comment

Originally posted by snc1 View Post
      This is not a great preview. Its along the lines of a generalized preview in the USA Today about a mid season game the writer was forced to write.
      Congrats to you

Comment

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #4 - UNE at Norwich

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or if you think there should be more information in the preview. There seemed to be enough meat on the bone to chew on for the upcoming game, but I'm not a reporter or an SID, so what do I know!?!

Comment

I am waiting for SNC SI to give us a blueprint of how Point can defeat SNC.
          2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
          2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
            Someone just alerted to me to this. Not sure what you mean, but considering St. Norbert is 23-4 in its last 27 NCAA Tournament games I doubt anything I am doing preview-wise - or anything else I'm doing for that matter - is factoring into the outcome.
            Last edited by SNC SID; 03-13-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
              What does the SNC SID have to do with anything?

Comment

What does the SNC SID have to do with anything?
                Man, are you having a bad day? Or do you expect every piece of writing rise to the level of a Pulitzer?

Comment

Man, are you having a bad day? Or do you expect every piece of writing rise to the level of a Pulitzer?
                  Nothing 10 seconds of research on collegehockeystats couldnt have provided

Comment

And i didnt realize being "bold" equates to having a bad day.

Comment

Dan has his way of doing things and I have mine. Each are effective with what our audience is looking for. My hat is off to the job Dan has done over his 20+ years in the job and adjusting/staying the course of what works for him and SNC with the ever-changing landscape of the SID business and the expectations and pressure that are put on our positions each year to do “new” things.

He’s a terrific writer and does a great job with the weekly “game notes” that he keeps and have a lot of information provided via the reports option in statcrew.

If you don’t think the preview I put out is helpful for you, that’s fine, I’ve got plenty of people in my target audience and constituency that like it and it hits the points they are looking for going into Saturday’s game.

There are plenty of high-level schools that won’t put any work into previews or cultivating relationships with local media, which are two cornerstones to the profession at this time of year when you’re trying to capitalize on regional and national attention for your team once the herd thins out and only eight teams are left playing hockey in the country.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

And i didnt realize being "bold" equates to having a bad day.
                        What do you do for a living? I want to make sure I have a chance to take a dump all over your product, even if your target audience approves of what you’ve produced. Maybe your chosen field is popping into message board threads which have nothing to do with your teams and criticizing some other team/school’s SID. In that case, you’re great at it, and I have nothing to dump on. Kudos to you for paying the bills that way, though.

Your SID does an outstanding job (so does ours). It’s just a shame Dan has to be affiliated with a keyboard jockey twerp like you, and that such a proud hockey program is supported by such a clown. Go back to your own thread, jacko

Comment

I certainly did not want to start this sort flame war over a game preview! I realize we are all entitled to our opinions, I expressed mine, someone else expressed their's. I should have left it there, but I thought maybe you were being lightly sarcastic.

I am looking forward to the game. Norwich is an old hand at playing in these types of games, this is all new territory to UNE and their fans. I think there will be a good group of alums and local folks making the trip north and west to Northfields. And, I still hope that UNE and Norwich get a chance to schedule next season.

Aside: UNE's first year of varsity, they played Norwich at the Biddeford Ice Arena. Now BIA is nothing like Kreitzburg or Alfond Forum, but it has served its community well. It bills itself as "The Only Bar with a Rink in It!" It was UNE's second game as a varsity team after a couple of seasons of club competition. Powerful Norwich University and legendary Coach Mike McShane came into this "bar with a rink in it" and UNE played a heck of a game. NU eventually won 4-2 with an empty netter. I don't know how many saves goalie Mike Roper had, but he was standing on his head all night long. For a few moments, a bunch of the alums who were frequenting the bar thought we had a chance! The next 10 or 12 games were quite so kind, NU had several lopsided wins, ut for that moment...

So, here's to a wonderful game on Saturday night!

Comment

Originally posted by KrbFlint View Post
                            What do you do for a living? I want to make sure I have a chance to take a dump all over your product, even if your target audience approves of what you’ve produced. Maybe your chosen field is popping into message board threads which have nothing to do with your teams and criticizing some other team/school’s SID. In that case, you’re great at it, and I have nothing to dump on. Kudos to you for paying the bills that way, though.

Your SID does an outstanding job (so does ours). It’s just a shame Dan has to be affiliated with a keyboard jockey twerp like you, and that such a proud hockey program is supported by such a clown. Go back to your own thread, jacko
                            It just so happens that my job is making toilets, so it would be an honor for you to take a dump on my work.
                            Its clear you cant handle dissenting opinion and you need to grow up.

Comment

It just so happens that my job is making toilets, so it would be an honor for you to take a dump on my work.
                              Its clear you cant handle dissenting opinion and you need to grow up.
                              You’re entitled to your opinion - even though I do strongly disagree with it. However, in my opinion, it was pretty classless to come onto a message board and criticize the Norwich SID, knowing darn well that he is an active participant on the boards.

You didn’t offer an opinion on a hockey game, a coach, or even a player. You read a post complimenting a preview Prez wrote, and decided it was your job to criticize and insult Prez’s work. Ironic that you would tell me to grow up.

I know how hard Prez works, and the pride he takes in doing his job well. If taking issue with someone insulting him, for absolutely no reason, makes me - in your eyes - immature, well, you and I see the world differently.

I don’t think anonymously taking pot shots at someone’s livelihood on a message board puts you on any kind of moral high ground. I think it makes you a bully. We can agree to disagree though. Good luck to St Norbert. Should be a great college hockey game.
                              Last edited by KrbFlint; 03-13-2019, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I'm sensing a steel cage match at the CCC next weekend.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X