• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Quarterfinal #3 - Manhattanville at Geneseo

Hot team v layoff
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #3 - Manhattanville at Geneseo

Tough draw for Geneseo. Manhattanville seems like a mature, experienced team that is peaking at the right time, and completely playing with house money. My biggest fear is that the Valients’ trap frustrates the Knights and M’Ville pots a couple early. Geneseo hasn’t had to play from behind much at all this season so it would be interesting to see how they respond and the adjustments they make.

The flip side is Geneseo is very tough at home, having only lost at the Ira once in the past two seasons. If talent prevails Geneseo should win this going away, but the better team doesn’t always win this time of year and the pressure will be all on the Knights.
    #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
      Tough draw for Geneseo. Manhattanville seems like a mature, experienced team that is peaking at the right time, and completely playing with house money. My biggest fear is that the Valients’ trap frustrates the Knights and M’Ville pots a couple early. Geneseo hasn’t had to play from behind much at all this season so it would be interesting to see how they respond and the adjustments they make.

The flip side is Geneseo is very tough at home, having only lost at the Ira once in the past two seasons. If talent prevails Geneseo should win this going away, but the better team doesn’t always win this time of year and the pressure will be all on the Knights.
      are the students on break?? A full house of screaming kids would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        are the students on break?? A full house of screaming kids would be nice.
        Geneseo will be starting break but the dorms will be kept open Saturday night. (I don't believe they did this last year.)

Comment

M'ville won't be able to set-up any traps if Genny breaks out with speed, and I expect to see exactly that most of the time. Utica defeated that strategy much more often than not.

Thing is, re: MC, they are a curious mix of speed and physicality. They will batter you and wear you down for three shifts, then skate right past you.

I do predict a Genny win, just the same. Feavor coughs-up a lot of rebounds, and Genny is just so good on both ends of the ice...

But be sure to show-up to play 60 minutes vs. that team, or prepare to dust-off the golf clubs early this year.

Comment

I know assists in hockey can be misleading and so dependent on the other players on the ice... But Romano is only the 3rd player this decade with 40+ assists in a single season. Incredibly impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by BKrosky View Post
              I know assists in hockey can be misleading and so dependent on the other players on the ice... But Romano is only the 3rd player this decade with 40+ assists in a single season. Incredibly impressive.
              Romano's not super flashy, but he has an uncanny ability to pass the puck to his teammates through traffic, both 5/5 and on the PP. Great person, too.

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
                Romano's not super flashy, but he has an uncanny ability to pass the puck to his teammates through traffic, both 5/5 and on the PP. Great person, too.
                And he plays on the same line as Conlan Keenan which certainly helps.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  And he plays on the same line as Conlan Keenan which certainly helps.
                  And with Empy on the PP, a combination that even flummoxed Oswego.

Comment

Originally posted by geneseo View Post
                    And with Empy on the PP, a combination that even flummoxed Oswego.
                    "Fluxmmoxed...thats a pretty big word Cotton, you usually have to pay extra for that......"

Comment

Anybody know if video of this game will be streamed for free? The Geneseo Athletics site says it will be on Boxcast here, but the regular season games all required a "virtual ticket" to watch. There's no mention here about whether it will be free or not.
                      #OneKnight

Comment

Anybody know if video of this game will be streamed for free? The Geneseo Athletics site says it will be on Boxcast here, but the regular season games all required a "virtual ticket" to watch. There's no mention here about whether it will be free or not.
                        Educated guess - if they charge they would have to pay a rights fee to ncaa - which would have to be negotiated. If its free they don’t. I’ll bet free.
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                          Educated guess - if they charge they would have to pay a rights fee to ncaa - which would have to be negotiated. If its free they don’t. I’ll bet free.
                          That was my guess too and for similar reasoning. Thanks. I guess we will see.
                          #OneKnight

Comment

I believe you had to pay to upgrade to a HD broadcast. If you didn't it remained a lower quality broadcast.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                              I believe you had to pay to upgrade to a HD broadcast. If you didn't it remained a lower quality broadcast.
                              I think that's the way it's supposed to work too, but I could never figure out how to get the video the keep playing after the free preview ended.

Anyway, I'm on the fence about watching this one or just following scores. I'll see how my anxiety is at game time and make a decision.
                              #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                              X