Thread: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-R- View Post
    Hobart has two goals on three shots??? 😳
    3 on 10 now, yikes!

r

Quote Originally Posted by cetihcra View Post
    3 on 10 now, yikes!

r
    Though that last goal was a beautiful snipe in the upper corner on a (short handed) breakaway. No goalie would have stopped that.

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

Hobart wins and plays SNC/UWSP?

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Hobart wins and plays SNC/UWSP?
    Yes.

Fan Of Div III Hockey, GO NORWICH

Congrats fellow NEHC league members, we will see you at the final four for sure, maybe even get to play against you... wouldn't that be awesome?
    There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Oswego played flat and deserves that loss. What a complete lack of urgency or concentration. Playing last week did Hobart some good and Oz clearly didn't take the game seriously.

Flat as a...a...a...pancake, we never looked like ourselves tonight. Very disappointing. Gave up two odd-man goals, one a shorty. Richer should have had two of the three. The layoff didn't hurt Geneseo, Norwich, or Point- no excuses.

Good season, hoped for a better ending. When Berry got hurt mid-season I said that could be the difference between a very good season and a great season. He came back, but never got quite caught up.

Thanks guys. Next year...
    Last edited by ColdInRomney; 03-16-2019 at 09:53 PM.
    Oswego State 1980 Grad
    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

ColdInRomney you are giving the Lakers to much credit comparing them to a pancake. We looked like we did not even want to play but rather get on to spring break. They learned NOTHING during the 2 week layoff. We got out played badly in every aspect of this game. The only thing Hobart did not out do us on is stupid plays. For they scored on everyone of our dumb mistakes. I don't know how you can not get up for this game but they managed. The coach can only do so much and if the players don't respond whose fault is it. Feel bad for Braun, Berry, Pelnik whose careers ended on such a poor overall performance. Had a good year and look forward to see what next years team brings.
    Oswego' 88

Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Frozen Four is officially in Stevens Point.

What a great rink to watch hockey, Laker fans are passionate but the Statesmen played with greater intensity tonight. Believe me we understand your disappointment having lost the last four home NCAA games at the Cooler.The Lakers will be back but this year Hobart gets to the final four for the first time in 10 years. GOBART

Congrats to Hobart. We werenít good enough last night to win. You were. Good luck the rest of the way. 💚💛

Quote Originally Posted by smbenny View Post
    Hobart 3 Oswego 2 in OT.

Should be a great game.
    Nice pick. Can you tell me how this week will go, so I can decide if I should fly out to Wisconsin?

Elmira College Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    Nice pick. Can you tell me how this week will go, so I can decide if I should fly out to Wisconsin?
    Hobart wins it all.

Oswego State Great Laker

Couldn't watch the game, plenty of shots , no penalties in the 1st and 3rd (!) and it appears special teams couldn't close the door again. In fact in the last 5 games the PK gave up 6 PPG, 1 SHG. On the attack, downright offensive, 1 PPG, 2 SHG. No bueno amigos. I'm sure Coach will address in the off season. Thank you seniors. I hope to see a lot of returning players in the fall to make another run.
    Last edited by OZFEST; 03-17-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Oswego just cant seem to put it all together and make it over the hump. Another good season for you guys though . I would have cheered for you guys if you advanced. Good coach and good fans.

Hobart played a solid road game and were rewarded for it. While (IMO) they were the better team last night, I donít think either team would say that was their best game of the season. Looked to me like Hobart simply had more guys ďgoing hardĒ than Oswego and I think that was the difference. Hobart is very aggressive in their puck pursuit and if a team is not ready for that it tends to force mistakes...which I think is what you saw last night. From my perspective, the Statesmen won more races to the puck, more one-on-one battles and their goaltender made the big saves when he was called on. I did think the shots on goal tally seemed a bit curious...but I give Oswego credit as a lot of Hobartís (sustained) forechecking pressure did not produce direct shots on the cage. There were lots of tipped passes, blocked shots and I thought Hobart missed the net more than usual.

Nothing but respect for Oswego...but Iím psyched to see Hobart break through into the final four. It certainly doesnít get any easier from here....the Pointers will be a tough team to beat...especially in their own barn.

Quote Originally Posted by DIIIFan View Post
    ColdInRomney you are giving the Lakers to much credit comparing them to a pancake. We looked like we did not even want to play but rather get on to spring break. They learned NOTHING during the 2 week layoff. We got out played badly in every aspect of this game. The only thing Hobart did not out do us on is stupid plays. For they scored on everyone of our dumb mistakes. I don't know how you can not get up for this game but they managed. The coach can only do so much and if the players don't respond whose fault is it. Feel bad for Braun, Berry, Pelnik whose careers ended on such a poor overall performance. Had a good year and look forward to see what next years team brings.
    Oswego' 88
    I think Pelnik will be a senior next yr..

Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    I think Pelnik will be a senior next yr..
    And Captain Campbell will also be gone.
    Oswego State 1980 Grad
    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Thread Information