X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
    It would be about 88%.

I will be in Arizona when this game is played but I'm hoping the boys manage to play a full 60 minutes and get real aggressive on the PK. They have their most success when they don't allow the opposition to gain the zone and set up. Once they have the zone the Lakers mostly just stand around and watch them pass it. And I would also like to see them get aggressive on the forecheck. Force the Statesmen into making mistakes and cough up the puck. They gave too many opponents too much time to do things all season. If the defense and goaltending can get back to last seasons level without the offense suffering they will be very dangerous.
    Sounds like a plan to me,the d has been pretty solid this year and the offensive production from them has been nice as well...Lets stay aggressive all game...I'll be in the OBX for this game hope to watch on the machine...

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
      Lets hope the MCC is filled SRO with screaming students, townies, babies, etc to give us that most important home ice advantage, win and advance time, GO LAKERS!
      The Statesmen can get extra focus/energy in front of opponent crowds , as evidenced by last year's results in the NEHC playoffs against Norwich. Hoping for a great game, and will be there with a few friends of the Statesmen to make a small offset to the home crowd. stay GOBART!

Comment

Hobart 3 Oswego 2 in OT.

Should be a great game.
        2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartman View Post
          The Statesmen can get extra focus/energy in front of opponent crowds , as evidenced by last year's results in the NEHC playoffs against Norwich. Hoping for a great game, and will be there with a few friends of the Statesmen to make a small offset to the home crowd. stay GOBART!
          yes sometimes when on the road the pressure is off and it helps,but not if you don't get off to a good start,that is a big key on the road......

Comment

Hobart has two goals on three shots??? 😳

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
              Hobart has two goals on three shots??? 😳
              3 on 10 now, yikes!

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                3 on 10 now, yikes!

r
                Though that last goal was a beautiful snipe in the upper corner on a (short handed) breakaway. No goalie would have stopped that.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Hobart wins and plays SNC/UWSP?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Hobart wins and plays SNC/UWSP?
                    Yes.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Congrats fellow NEHC league members, we will see you at the final four for sure, maybe even get to play against you... wouldn't that be awesome?
                      There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Oswego played flat and deserves that loss. What a complete lack of urgency or concentration. Playing last week did Hobart some good and Oz clearly didn't take the game seriously.

Comment

Flat as a...a...a...pancake, we never looked like ourselves tonight. Very disappointing. Gave up two odd-man goals, one a shorty. Richer should have had two of the three. The layoff didn't hurt Geneseo, Norwich, or Point- no excuses.

Good season, hoped for a better ending. When Berry got hurt mid-season I said that could be the difference between a very good season and a great season. He came back, but never got quite caught up.

Thanks guys. Next year...
                          Last edited by ColdInRomney; 03-16-2019, 09:53 PM.
                          Oswego State 1980 Grad
                          (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

Comment

ColdInRomney you are giving the Lakers to much credit comparing them to a pancake. We looked like we did not even want to play but rather get on to spring break. They learned NOTHING during the 2 week layoff. We got out played badly in every aspect of this game. The only thing Hobart did not out do us on is stupid plays. For they scored on everyone of our dumb mistakes. I don't know how you can not get up for this game but they managed. The coach can only do so much and if the players don't respond whose fault is it. Feel bad for Braun, Berry, Pelnik whose careers ended on such a poor overall performance. Had a good year and look forward to see what next years team brings.
                            Oswego' 88

Comment

Frozen Four is officially in Stevens Point.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

What a great rink to watch hockey, Laker fans are passionate but the Statesmen played with greater intensity tonight. Believe me we understand your disappointment having lost the last four home NCAA games at the Cooler.The Lakers will be back but this year Hobart gets to the final four for the first time in 10 years. GOBART

Comment

Working...
                                X