Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,429

    NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Will cooler heads prevail?

  2. #2
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,731

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Will cooler heads prevail?
    I will root for the denizens of the Cooler
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,504

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Hoping for a repeat of the last time these 2 teams met in playoffs...……..

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BackoftheNet, NY
    Posts
    44

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    I will root for the denizens of the Cooler
    I'm in a Cooler state of mind

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oswego NY
    Posts
    369

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    I'm hoping for a repeat of earlier this season with one "More-on-O"
    Last edited by ColdInRomney; 03-11-2019 at 03:19 PM.
    Oswego State 1980 Grad
    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BackoftheNet, NY
    Posts
    44

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    A betting man would say Oswego by 2 goals on Saturday especially at home, similar to the outcome earlier in the season. I think the Coolerrats have learned to grind all game long over the season and will be looking for whatever scraps are on the ice to convert and Liam has looked excellent in goal lately...so Lakers beware .

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oswego NY
    Posts
    369

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Yeah, I watched the Plymouth St. game and although the Panthers looked totally outclassed in almost all facets, Hobart only eked out a 2-1 win. Hot goaltender kept PSU in the game until the end. If (if...) we can get our usual quota of goals we should be OK. But this time of year all bets are off.
    Oswego State 1980 Grad
    (attended in one way or another from 1968-1988, don't ask..... )

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Louisville, CO
    Posts
    1,421

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    We held them to only 14 SOG in November, I think it will come down to special teams. If we stay out of the box we should have this

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,504

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Quote Originally Posted by OSU2010 View Post
    We held them to only 14 SOG in November, I think it will come down to special teams. If we stay out of the box we should have this
    I would like to play them even up

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nantucket, MA
    Posts
    3,158
    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    I would like to play them even up
    +1

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,504

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Quote Originally Posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
    +1
    Lets hope we do play even up not only due to the fact that the more skilled teams offensively seem to give us trouble on the PK,insert Genny ice knights, but it also disrupts our flow of the game,the coaches from what I see like to roll the 4 lines and ware down the enemy,Pk's tend to break up the flow...Not to sure about Hobarts PP but lets hope we are fairly aggressive and don't let their big guns,not sure who they are, beat us like,the ice knights did......

  12. #12
    Oswego State Great Laker
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    Lets hope we do play even up not only due to the fact that the more skilled teams offensively seem to give us trouble on the PK,insert Genny ice knights, but it also disrupts our flow of the game,the coaches from what I see like to roll the 4 lines and ware down the enemy,Pk's tend to break up the flow...Not to sure about Hobarts PP but lets hope we are fairly aggressive and don't let their big guns,not sure who they are, beat us like,the ice knights did......
    Lets hope the MCC is filled SRO with screaming students, townies, babies, etc to give us that most important home ice advantage, win and advance time, GO LAKERS!

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Oswego NY
    Posts
    138

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Teams are very close to each other in scoring average at just under 4 G/GM and defense at about 2 G/GM but in special teams Oswego has #5 PP at 27% and Hobart #45 at 18% and on PK Hobart at #23 with 85% and Oswego at #31 with 83%.

  14. #14
    Oswego State Great Laker
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,937

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Quote Originally Posted by skipperbob View Post
    Teams are very close to each other in scoring average at just under 4 G/GM and defense at about 2 G/GM but in special teams Oswego has #5 PP at 27% and Hobart #45 at 18% and on PK Hobart at #23 with 85% and Oswego at #31 with 83%.
    I wonder what our PK % would be taking out the Genny games

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oswego, New York
    Posts
    1,231

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Quote Originally Posted by OZFEST View Post
    I wonder what our PK % would be taking out the Genny games
    It would be about 88%.

    I will be in Arizona when this game is played but I'm hoping the boys manage to play a full 60 minutes and get real aggressive on the PK. They have their most success when they don't allow the opposition to gain the zone and set up. Once they have the zone the Lakers mostly just stand around and watch them pass it. And I would also like to see them get aggressive on the forecheck. Force the Statesmen into making mistakes and cough up the puck. They gave too many opponents too much time to do things all season. If the defense and goaltending can get back to last seasons level without the offense suffering they will be very dangerous.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,504

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Quote Originally Posted by Laker28 View Post
    It would be about 88%.

    I will be in Arizona when this game is played but I'm hoping the boys manage to play a full 60 minutes and get real aggressive on the PK. They have their most success when they don't allow the opposition to gain the zone and set up. Once they have the zone the Lakers mostly just stand around and watch them pass it. And I would also like to see them get aggressive on the forecheck. Force the Statesmen into making mistakes and cough up the puck. They gave too many opponents too much time to do things all season. If the defense and goaltending can get back to last seasons level without the offense suffering they will be very dangerous.
    Sounds like a plan to me,the d has been pretty solid this year and the offensive production from them has been nice as well...Lets stay aggressive all game...I'll be in the OBX for this game hope to watch on the machine...

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    BackoftheNet, NY
    Posts
    44

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Quote Originally Posted by OZFEST View Post
    Lets hope the MCC is filled SRO with screaming students, townies, babies, etc to give us that most important home ice advantage, win and advance time, GO LAKERS!
    The Statesmen can get extra focus/energy in front of opponent crowds , as evidenced by last year's results in the NEHC playoffs against Norwich. Hoping for a great game, and will be there with a few friends of the Statesmen to make a small offset to the home crowd. stay GOBART!

  18. #18
    Elmira College Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Corning, NY
    Posts
    874
    Hobart 3 Oswego 2 in OT.

    Should be a great game.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,504

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    The Statesmen can get extra focus/energy in front of opponent crowds , as evidenced by last year's results in the NEHC playoffs against Norwich. Hoping for a great game, and will be there with a few friends of the Statesmen to make a small offset to the home crowd. stay GOBART!
    yes sometimes when on the road the pressure is off and it helps,but not if you don't get off to a good start,that is a big key on the road......

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    3,600

    Re: NCAA Quarterfinal #2 - Hobart at Oswego

    Hobart has two goals on three shots??? 😳

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •