Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: 2019 Selection Show

  1. #1
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,710

    2019 Selection Show

    There will presumably be a link here when it's ready to go, but as is tradition, there's nothing there an hour before the show starts: https://www.ncaa.com/liveschedule/2019/03/10

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,186

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    There will presumably be a link here when it's ready to go, but as is tradition, there's nothing there an hour before the show starts: https://www.ncaa.com/liveschedule/2019/03/10
    As we starve for info, Wisconsin men's radio guy Brian Posick said (during the UW men's game, now going to OT against Penn State) that the UW game next weekend will be at 2 PM Saturday. His daughter is a sometimes 4th liner on the UW team, so he'd be in a position to know.

    (The poor guy *rarely* gets to watch his daughter play.)

  3. #3
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,710

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    As we starve for info, Wisconsin men's radio guy Brian Posick said (during the UW men's game, now going to OT against Penn State) that the UW game next weekend will be at 2 PM Saturday. His daughter is a sometimes 4th liner on the UW team, so he'd be in a position to know.

    (The poor guy *rarely* gets to watch his daughter play.)
    I assume that's 2pm CDT?

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,186

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I assume that's 2pm CDT?
    I assume so as well. I didn't pay attention to that, but there's no reason for him to give it other than Central time.

  5. #5
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,710

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Still no link. This is so stupid. How is it the same story every year?

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,186

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Still no link. This is so stupid. How is it the same story every year?
    Hey. no trolling the UW twitter account ! :-)

    (My mistake. It was a retweet at the UW page. Trolling NCAA totally OK.)

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,070

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Sunday March 11.

    Today is the 10th.

  8. #8
    That alumni band guy
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ridder Arena, Section 7
    Posts
    2,880

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Sunday March 11.

    Today is the 10th.
    Don't you just love the competency?
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

  9. #9
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,710

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Syracuse @ Wisconsin
    Princeton @ Minnesota
    Boston College @ Clarkson
    Cornell @ Northeastern

    https://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey...tion-show-2019

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    The Rafters of The Schott & The OSU Ice Rink
    Posts
    6,083

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Originally Posted by NCAA.com:
    The NC women's ice hockey championship bracket will be announced Sunday, March 11 at 9 p.m. ET here on NCAA.com.
    You know, there was a Sunday, March 11th in 2018. Is it possible they've failed to update this item for a full year?

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    The Rafters of The Schott & The OSU Ice Rink
    Posts
    6,083

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Syracuse @ Wisconsin
    Princeton @ Minnesota
    Boston College @ Clarkson
    Cornell @ Northeastern

    https://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey...tion-show-2019
    Link didn't work for me. But at least they got the bracket right!


    EDIT: I've now had the pleasure watching Ads for BMW Certified & Bank of America. But no actual programming.

    Keep repeating: At least they got the bracket right; At least they got the bracket right...
    Last edited by pgb-ohio; 03-10-2019 at 08:27 PM.

  12. #12
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    21,684

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Syracuse @ Wisconsin
    Princeton @ Minnesota
    Boston College @ Clarkson
    Cornell @ Northeastern

    https://www.ncaa.com/video/icehockey...tion-show-2019
    Yay! The committee got it right and gave us some new matchups.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  13. #13
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,710

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Quote Originally Posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    You know, there was a Sunday, March 11th in 2018. Is it possible they've failed to update this item for a full year?
    Just mind-numbing incompetence.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,186

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Syracuse at Wisconsin indeed at 2 PM Saturday, CDT

  15. #15
    That alumni band guy
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ridder Arena, Section 7
    Posts
    2,880

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Princeton at Minnesota will be Saturday at 4 p.m. CDT.

    z.umn.edu/gwhnqf19
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

  16. #16
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    10,816

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    I gotta say drawing the winner of Clarkson/BC is way more scary than drawing the winner of NE/Cornell, maybe I am underestimating NE.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,186

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    At the end of their 'announcement show' they said the games would be played on "the 15th or 16th".

    Is there a possibility of somebody playing Friday? Building conflicts with men's games at Clarkson or Northeastern?

    EDIT: Indeed, both schools are hosting 'best of three' playoffs next weekend. Interesting...
    Last edited by robertearle; 03-10-2019 at 08:44 PM.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,717
    Quote Originally Posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    Originally Posted by NCAA.com:

    You know, there was a Sunday, March 11th in 2018. Is it possible they've failed to update this item for a full year?
    Absolutely yes.

    On the D3 women's selection show, they kept telling us there were nine teams in the tournament while showing us a correct bracket of 10 teams.

    I kid you not. You canít make this sh*t up.

  19. #19
    That alumni band guy
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ridder Arena, Section 7
    Posts
    2,880

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    At the end of their 'announcement show' they said the games would be played on "the 15th or 16th".

    Is there a possibility of somebody playing Friday? Building conflicts with men's games at Clarkson or Northeastern?

    EDIT: Indeed, both schools are hosting 'best of three' playoffs next weekend. Interesting...
    In past years, they've said the games could be Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. But I don't recall the last time there was a game not on Saturday (not saying that there wasn't one... I just don't remember ).
    Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
    Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
    Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,186

    Re: 2019 Selection Show

    Cornell at Northeastern, 1 PM EDT, Saturday

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •