Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Interesting RB. On a team loaded with D1 commits he was still unsigned. What Do you think is the reason for his low NZ rating is based on? When do you think he'll be in Troy?
    He'll either come in 2019 or 2020 since he ages out at that time. I suspect that it will be this season and it indicates we are losing another player or a recruit is deferring, but your guess is as good as mine.

He has only been evaluated once by NZ, back in 10/17. Conceivably he just hasn't been looked at since then and his scoring is triple last season. If they notice that he committed, they may change it. Of course being on a team which went 57-3 in the regular season, he could be carried by teammates, but he was one of the top scorers in the league and higher in the goals department.

FD could also be correct.

I miss Tie Domi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    He'll either come in 2019 or 2020 since he ages out at that time. I suspect that it will be this season and it indicates we are losing another player or a recruit is deferring, but your guess is as good as mine.

He has only been evaluated once by NZ, back in 10/17. Conceivably he just hasn't been looked at since then and his scoring is triple last season. If they notice that he committed, they may change it. Of course being on a team which went 57-3 in the regular season, he could be carried by teammates, but he was one of the top scorers in the league and higher in the goals department.

FD could also be correct.
    Seems like he's got some upside...hopefully we found a kid whose skill set is still on the rise. Hopefully he can skate a bit. Nice balance of G/A....with 83 PIM... Skill, great size AND grit?? Dr.D will be happy!

Banned

Perhaps what happened with Laliberté has turned me into a skeptic.

Where did the ice go? Coming out early, no extra personal ice available. Is there an upgrade in the works or something else matters more?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Northbynorthwest View Post
    Where did the ice go? Coming out early, no extra personal ice available. Is there an upgrade in the works or something else matters more?
    GM week is coming up (not this upcoming week, but the one after), and that's usually the rain location for a lot of the festivities. Also, it's possible there are other events.

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    GM week is coming up (not this upcoming week, but the one after), and that's usually the rain location for a lot of the festivities. Also, it's possible there are other events.
    Isn't there a concert coming up? I vaguely remember seeing a poster at one of the games a month or two back. It made an impression on me because it had been a while since I'd seen anything about concerts at the FH.

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Alex Rodriguez signs ATO with Norfolk of ECHL. Great year at Augsburg....26 games, 21 goals, 19a.....https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...alex-rodriguez
    1st pro point in 1st game. That would be on Jake Wood’s goal........ 4 - 2 6 3rd NOR 6:51 J. Wood (14) Alex Rodrigeuz, M. McMorrow
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Today is 16 March 2019. There are 203 days (29 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019 at 12:43 PM.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Seems like he's got some upside...hopefully we found a kid whose skill set is still on the rise. Hopefully he can skate a bit. Nice balance of G/A....with 83 PIM... Skill, great size AND grit?? Dr.D will be happy!
    Wicked: You know me so well. Too often we get boys who are of good size (but play smaller). I would love a few that you can hear when they hit someone. Perhaps the last one to be able to make that kind of noise was Luke Curadi. he may not have been adept at all things on the ice but at least the opponents had to know he was out there. Others have noted that this year we just lost far too many puck battles and got pushed off the puck far too easily.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

I miss Tie Domi
    Quote Originally Posted by rpi82 View Post
    Isn't there a concert coming up? I vaguely remember seeing a poster at one of the games a month or two back. It made an impression on me because it had been a while since I'd seen anything about concerts at the FH.
    Yes. There is a concert on 3/26.

hockey
    Yes. There is a concert on 3/26.
    Ya probly better attendance than our last home weekend . Also maybe do better promotional nights like valley cats do and add a food stand like Moe’s for options for dinner at the game.
    Ask brenden whittet how to win playoff series

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    If he has a +/- rating, take out the goals (assume a percentage based on the team's PP%). What's left?

If he's scoring that much and rated low, either he's a big fish in a small pond, or he only knows how to play on that side of the centre line.
    I doubt he is an offense only player. His first year in Brooks he wasn’t much of a scorer. Guys like that who don’t play defense usually aren’t invited back.

He could, of course, be a one year scoring wonder. We’ve all seen guys have a great season that they can never reproduce.

However, I’m hoping that he’s a kid that had the skills but is a bit of a late bloomer in putting them all together. He could have been carried along a bit by his teammates on a dominant team, but to score that many goals, talented line mates or not, you have to put yourself in the right places. We could use that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alleged Kool-Aid Drinker....OH YEAH

Quote Originally Posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    Ya probly better attendance than our last home weekend . Also maybe do better promotional nights like valley cats do and add a food stand like Moe’s for options for dinner at the game.
    Ask brenden whittet how to win playoff series
    You should e-mail the marketing folks at RPI your ideas.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Quote Originally Posted by rpi82 View Post
    I doubt he is an offense only player. His first year in Brooks he wasn’t much of a scorer. Guys like that who don’t play defense usually aren’t invited back.

He could, of course, be a one year scoring wonder. We’ve all seen guys have a great season that they can never reproduce.

However, I’m hoping that he’s a kid that had the skills but is a bit of a late bloomer in putting them all together. He could have been carried along a bit by his teammates on a dominant team, but to score that many goals, talented line mates or not, you have to put yourself in the right places. We could use that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When does word start to get out that players are leaving/signing pro contract. Last year I think all three seniors signed fairly quick after season ended, in like a day or two. As for players leaving, I thought individual meetings would have been concluded and players either were staying or moving on. Maybe Riley and Hayhurst aren't going to leave??? If that is the case and if he keeps everyone, continues to build and gets some to play the team game.......could be the start to something beautiful or at least less homely.

Quote Originally Posted by capswon View Post
    When does word start to get out that players are leaving/signing pro contract. Last year I think all three seniors signed fairly quick after season ended, in like a day or two. As for players leaving, I thought individual meetings would have been concluded and players either were staying or moving on. Maybe Riley and Hayhurst aren't going to leave??? If that is the case and if he keeps everyone, continues to build and gets some to play the team game.......could be the start to something beautiful or at least less homely.
    It could be immediately or it could be over the summer, jut hopefully Smith knows and doesn't think that there is a wedding.

Every time that turk posts on this thread, I get heart palpitations.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-16-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Today is 17 March 2019. There are 202 days until RPI's next game.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019 at 12:43 PM.

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Wicked: You know me so well. Too often we get boys who are of good size (but play smaller). I would love a few that you can hear when they hit someone. Perhaps the last one to be able to make that kind of noise was Luke Curadi. he may not have been adept at all things on the ice but at least the opponents had to know he was out there. Others have noted that this year we just lost far too many puck battles and got pushed off the puck far too easily.
    Doc, ten years ago I would have agreed with you. Nobody loves a good check into the boards than me. However, Every time you hear a check into the boards, the referee blows his whistle and calls boarding. Or worse.
    The game has lost a lot when it comes to body checking, but I understand the need for player safety. I just think that we have taken it to the extreme.
    We have been terrible on puck battles. We need to be stronger on our skates and sticks.
    I still think that we are headed in the right direction.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I still think that we are headed in the right direction.
    I agree, but a this rate, we won't get there in DrD and my lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Today is 18 March 2019. There are 209 days until RPI's next game.

Ralph, you skipped a day somewhere, today's the 17th.

Thread Information