Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Retire. And this is for the sake of the ENTIRE 'tute, not just the hockey program. What is $65,000 per year actually going to, a rate that has tripled since she came into play? And even with that, the 'tute is on the verge of bankruptcy. There has to be either some serious mismanagement or something illegal going on (I hope it's the former). Not to mention the draconian leadership style, what with the speech codes and the forced housing and the disbanding of faculty organizations and the going behind the back of alumni petitioning and the nannying of the students... If we want to see actual change, we're really going to need to look at the big picture.
    FD, I find your hypocrisy utterly amazing. Shirley runs this institution exactly the way your president runs the country. Including all of bullet points. Absolutely amazing.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      FD, I find your hypocrisy utterly amazing. Shirley runs this institution exactly the way your president runs the country. Including all of bullet points. Absolutely amazing.
      ROFLMAO

You actually drink that Kool-Aid? The way she's running it is a heck of a lot closer to Obama. What with using the IRS to go after conservatives...

But I digress.

Oh, one other thing: You're an American. He's also your President. Get over it. We dealt with your war monger for 8 years. I'll give you a chance if you want to give a specific example, but I know you're not going to be able to come up with anything specific.
      Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 03-11-2019, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        I agree with everything you said about the team. Its just that you keep bringing up Appert. He was not the answer. I know nothing about any investigation. What were they investigating?
        He was referring to an investigation at SLU, which as it turned out were largely baseless claims.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Hey Wicked obviously the new coffee vending machine has slipped your mind I assume its an aging thing...hope all is well my friend
          Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Agree completely JK. As a Clarkson fan (sorry I don't recall who) pointed out a few days ago, RPIs scenario is very similar to CCT when Casey Jones took over for George Roll. The program was on the decline and it took Jones 4-5 years to get it back on the rails.

The critical difference as JK reminds us, is leadership. Starting at the top with their President , Clarkson is fully behind its hockey program (men's and women's ). One look no further than the women's national titles, the Prez paying out of his own pocket for the CCT band to travel to a Dublin and most notably, the major renovations now underway at Cheel , which was one of the newer barns in the league. There is no more tangible sign of support and vibrancy than major dollars going directly back into the facility.

Two years ago MacElroy made the mistake of publicly pledging renovations to HFH --which he either made up off the top of his head or was scuttled by the Dictator --as we haven't heard a peep since...asinine and insulting to the fans.

It's put up or shut up time for the admin. Other than my season tickets, I will continue withholding any financial support until I see signs of life from the admin....not holding my breathe. Another long off season of discontent awaits.
          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

lets clear something up Will Riley is a talented Defenseman and is a top 4 on any team in our league he is a multi tool guy with a right shot lets not forget he was 3rd in scoring and missed I think 3 games and assume (wink wink) he battled that injury the rest of the year. I'm not blaming DS if he leaves he is actually not that big a part in the equation but what I am saying is our defensive play especially in the D zone was beyond bad it was abysmal and losing Will is not gonna make that better and baring an over achiever I see nothing coming in to replace him
            Originally posted by jstadts View Post
            I don`t feel anyone on the team is good enough to make a living playing hockey.I do expect some departures weather they are cuts or players that have just had enough of D1 hockey and academic demands. I hope we have some guys coming in with more speed. IMO RPI was the slowest team in the league and maybe all of D1.
            What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
              Hey Wicked obviously the new coffee vending machine has slipped your mind I assume its an aging thing...hope all is well my friend
              Ha, yes how could I forget !
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                lets clear something up Will Riley is a talented Defenseman and is a top 4 on any team in our league he is a multi tool guy with a right shot lets not forget he was 3rd in scoring and missed I think 3 games and assume (wink wink) he battled that injury the rest of the year. I'm not blaming DS if he leaves he is actually not that big a part in the equation but what I am saying is our defensive play especially in the D zone was beyond bad it was abysmal and losing Will is not gonna make that better and baring an over achiever I see nothing coming in to replace him
                Completely agree TB.

Comment

ROFLMAO

You actually drink that Kool-Aid? The way she's running it is a heck of a lot closer to Obama. What with using the IRS to go after conservatives...

But I digress.

Oh, one other thing: You're an American. He's also your President. Get over it. We dealt with your war monger for 8 years. I'll give you a chance if you want to give a specific example, but I know you're not going to be able to come up with anything specific.
                  I have always thought that tD and Shirley were twins with different fathers. IMHO, there are a lot of similarities to their incompetence.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I noticed Union's new president participated in a cancer fundraiser -- he took the plunge into an ice cold water bath while wearing a Union hockey sweater. He GETS IT.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I have always thought that tD and Shirley were twins with different fathers. IMHO, there are a lot of similarities to their incompetence.
                      SAJ was actually part of the Clinton administration. Although I'd love to hear how each are supposedly incompetent. And yes, equal opportunity; I'm asking for both.

Sad thing is that I thought there may have been a relation to Sheila Jackson Lee, but alas no.

Comment

I noticed Union's new president participated in a cancer fundraiser -- he took the plunge into an ice cold water bath while wearing a Union hockey sweater. He GETS IT.
                        You mean a cold?

Comment

SAJ was actually part of the Clinton administration. Although I'd love to hear how each are supposedly incompetent. And yes, equal opportunity; I'm asking for both.

Sad thing is that I thought there may have been a relation to Sheila Jackson Lee, but alas no.
                          Neither can balance a budget for one.

I am not going to try not to continue this conversation if you respond to me, as politics doesn't belong here. It was my mistake to have replied to you previously.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Are you sure that he wasn't wearing a union suit?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              Neither can balance a budget for one.

I am not going to try not to continue this conversation if you respond to me, as politics doesn't belong here. It was my mistake to have replied to you previously.
                              Fair enough point.

Regardless of the determination of others to digress the topic, we've all expressed, in one way or another, that there needs to be both expectations and commitments laid on the table. Take a look at how someone like Mark Cuban turned around the NBA's Dallas Mavericks. He laid down the expectations to his staff, made the commitment to legally provide them anything that they need to accomplish the goal, and look at where they went. Frankly enough, I trust Dr. McElroy's desire and corresponding activities to take these steps. It is unfortunate that the full administration is not able nand/nor willing to facilitate the full needs of what was asked.

Comment

Praps missed 2 months earlier with a LBI. He came back, played a few games & has been out the last 3 or 4. I don’t know if it’s an injury or not. They called up a Dman from their ECHL Team today. BTW, congrats to local boy, Derek Barach (Mercyhurst) who signed a PTO with Cleveland.
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X