Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by RPI22Parent View Post
    I have no first hand knowledge of who may or not wear letters this coming season. What I can tell you is that Smith does no have a history of underclassmen or non seniors wearing the C. As for a USHL coach saying a player will wear a C .... unless he is the coach of that college program I would take his statement with a grain of salt.

I would expect that this years group of seniors will wear the letters.
    I haven't kept track over the years, but I think that more often than not one of the A's has been worn by a non-Senior. It gives a bit of continuity to the team, which isn't necessarily good when you have a record like ours.

My comment about Ferner getting the C was for 2020-21 when the senior class will be quite small. I agree about the comment by the USHL coach (assuming that it was he) does not hold that much weight.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-05-2019, 01:04 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I wonder if RPI-TV is going to produce a video of all of the home goals this year.
      I have been wondering that too. They've done for the past 8-10 years I believe, so I'd be surprised if they just stopped now.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        I have been wondering that too. They've done for the past 8-10 years I believe, so I'd be surprised if they just stopped now.
        And usually it comes out just after the season. So I wouldn't be surprised if there just weren't enough goals to make it worthwhile. Although I do remember, in 2011-12, they cheated by using end-of-game goal horns.

All the best to you in finals.

Comment

Today is 6 May 2019. There are 152 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The person who produced the goal videos for RPITV might have left and no one else is interested in continuing the tradition.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 7 May 2019. There are 151 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 8 May 2019. There are 150 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

While out bike riding I was thinking about the fact that it looks like U Illinois will soon be announcing they will start a hockey program. Hopefully we don't lose incoming recruit Zach Dubinsky after a year or two or three or Itagaki and Babich before they show up.

Is there also a current player from IL?

Edit: No current IL players on the men's team, just the women.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-08-2019, 04:30 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

While out bike riding I was thinking about the fact that it looks like U Illinois will soon be announcing they will start a hockey program. Hopefully we don't lose incoming recruit Zach Dubinsky after a year or two or three or Itagaki and Babich before they show up.

Does any team really dominate in signing home state prospects? It used to be said that Minnesota could sign anyone they wanted from the Land of 10,000 Lakes, but the Gophers haven't really dominated in the same way since the focus for signing recruits shifted from high school players to USHL or other juniors. In fact, the only Gopher this season that came direct from school was a Shattuck alum, and that's really a different animal than the high school system and tournament that used to be a feeder system to UM. Perhaps once they get out of state to play the pull to stay at home for college isn't the same.
                    Last edited by rpi82; 05-10-2019, 04:19 AM.

Comment

I don't think that Illinois is on a high enough level for athletics to worry about that. For example, every kid growing up in Ohio dreams of playing sports at Ohio State; same with Pennsylvania and Penn State. Those universities are nationally competitive in nearly every sport and have a national reputation and brand. Frankly, Illinois is nowhere near either of those in terms of athletics despite being in the Big 10, so I wouldn't worry about losing Illinois recruits as it's not like they're having profound success athletically.

Comment

Today is 9 May 2019. There are 149 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 10 May 2019. There are 148 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 11 May 2019. There are 147 days (21 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 12 May 2019. There are 146 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ralph, Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone here.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X