Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=rpi82;6791134]Maker entered in 2017 and he committed under the previous coaching regime. However, as we’ve seen guys, can change commitments during a staff change. So he may have been re-recruited -we’ll never know.
    During one of the regional games, they interviewed Makar’s father who said the new coach called Cale after being hired. And Cale decided to stick with U Mass after that. I guess my point with all the discussion about RPI commits being on the fence is a guy like Makar saw a reason to stick with U Mass in spite of the uncertainty. I guess I wonder about all the cold feet our recruits seem to have. Whatever the RPI coaches say to these guys doesn’t seem to be enough. And these guys are not Hobey caliber players.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
      Maker entered in 2017 and he committed under the previous coaching regime. However, as we’ve seen guys, can change commitments during a staff change. So he may have been re-recruited -we’ll never know.
      During one of the regional games, they interviewed Makar’s father who said the new coach called Cale after being hired. And Cale decided to stick with U Mass after that. I guess my point with all the discussion about RPI commits being on the fence is a guy like Makar saw a reason to stick with U Mass in spite of the uncertainty. I guess I wonder about all the cold feet our recruits seem to have. Whatever the RPI coaches say to these guys doesn’t seem to be enough. And these guys are not Hobey caliber players.
      We have lost quite a few recruits, but some were cuts. Also just about every team has been losing them for one reason or another. It just hurts more when it is the team which one roots for.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• [QUOTE=25+years;6791429]
        Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
        ....Whatever the RPI coaches say to these guys doesn’t seem to be enough. And these guys are not Hobey caliber players.
        What coaches? We have no staff ! An Army of one!! The only thing more uncertain than a new coaching regime is staff turnover after year one of that regime !!!
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post

What coaches? We have no staff ! An Army of one!! The only thing more uncertain than a new coaching regime is staff turnover after year one of that regime !!!
          The staff turnover after year one of the regime was because of an accident in a Rite Aid parking lot. We saw the rumors/reports that Jewell was gone. Are you claiming that we've lost both assistants and Smith is now a one man band after year 2? Did I miss something? If so, I can't say I'm completely surprised as I'd assumed that Weber took/got the job because it was conveniently open due to the aforementioned accident creating an unanticipated opening and he wanted to come back to the area for some reason (family matters perhaps?). With all his experience being in the pro ranks it would be a test whether he could learn the recruiting game and whether he'd want to do so.

Comment

The staff turnover after year one of the regime was because of an accident in a Rite Aid parking lot. We saw the rumors/reports that Jewell was gone. Are you claiming that we've lost both assistants and Smith is now a one man band after year 2? Did I miss something? If so, I can't say I'm completely surprised as I'd assumed that Weber took/got the job because it was conveniently open due to the aforementioned accident creating an unanticipated opening and he wanted to come back to the area for some reason (family matters perhaps?). With all his experience being in the pro ranks it would be a test whether he could learn the recruiting game and whether he'd want to do so.
            I wondered why Weber came to RPI and accepted a step down position. He may have very good reasons for doing so. But I always figured this would be a brief stop for him. He is from the Buffalo area. So he maybe took the job to get back up north and then will look to head closer to home? I am no expert, but I assume the AC's do most of the recruiting and the recruits develop a relationship with the AC and the HC relationship ,while important, is less so than the AC one. So if that is true, changing of the AC's would likely cause more hesitancy on the part of the recruits.

Comment

I think that this is accurate.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                Paul Stewart will not return next season as the ECAC's Director of Officiating, sources told College Hockey News. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...-Return-as.php
                Ding dong the witch is dead, the wicked witch is dead. I hope Paul enjoys retirement.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  That is the problem. The RPI admin does not seem to care.
                  Bingo
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

It is a sad day when FD08 has been banned. #BringBackFlagDude you snowflakes!

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                      Denver all Monty’s guys frozen 4 could of been our coach if Seth went to Denver
                      Umass Ben Barr’s recruits
                      Providence seniors Ben Barr recruits
                      Umd no connections I can think of
                      I talked to someone in the interview with Ben at rpi and he said I have no clue how he didn’t get that job.... existing head
                      Coach experience must of weighed a lot in the research committee program rankings. 17 years and counting to returns to ECAC final 4
                      Nominating for post of the yr. Always spot on rvd

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        It is a sad day when FD08 has been banned. #BringBackFlagDude you snowflakes!
                        He was not banned. He was suspended for two weeks. He is now able to post again but does not choose to.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 4 April 2019. There are 184 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

[QUOTE=Wicked Slappaahs;6791508]
                            Originally posted by 25+years View Post

+1

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              He was not banned. He was suspended for two weeks. He is now able to post again but does not choose to.
                              And as usual, you got it completely wrong. I'll still post here so long as I'm permitted. I've just ceased the "niceties".

Comment

• [QUOTE=25+years;6791429]
                                Maker entered in 2017 and he committed under the previous coaching regime. However, as we’ve seen guys, can change commitments during a staff change. So he may have been re-recruited -we’ll never know.
                                +1
                                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X