Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Today is 10 March 2019. There are 209 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019, 12:40 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but playing Canisius would mean that the only schools whom we have never played are UNO and NMU.
      Ralph, I'm not sure on this but does Michigan Tech belong on that list?

Comment

There have been a couple of comments about poor play this weekend. We certainly looked very nervous in both games, but we did not quit.
        We have to give credit to Yale. They were the better team and they played with poise. Like they have been there before.
        We will be better next year, but unless someone learns how to score on a regular basis, we will not get very far in the standings.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but playing Canisius would mean that the only schools whom we have never played are UNO and NMU.
          I know they haven’t been around long, but you can add Penn State to that list.

Comment

And in the distance, I see Penn State trying to get RFAlph's attention. Unless he's counting the women.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
              Ralph, I'm not sure on this but does Michigan Tech belong on that list?
              Nope. Most recently, they were played in 05-06.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                I know they haven’t been around long, but you can add Penn State to that list.
                I thought that there was another one.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  And in the distance, I see Penn State trying to get RFAlph's attention. Unless he's counting the women.
                  When I was at RPI, you could almost count the women on your fingers.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                    Rumor on schedule has us going to Kalamazoo to play WMU. Other non-con, Canisius and Umass and UCONN.
                    I assume UMA and UCONN will be home/home again? I'm a little surprised for Western given connections were with the previous coach. Canisius, it's about time.

Let's also add the Mayor's Cup and Freakout vs. the old travel partners to the north. That will leave two to make, as Canisius typically wants a two game series; don't know if we'll split it up home/home like CCT did, or just go one location.

Hypothetically speaking, no source on this: Wouldn't be surprised if UVM ends up a home/home; probably an Atlantic team to round it out; maybe we give a return to the other old travel partners for the first time in 12 years.
                    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 03-10-2019, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Well, at least dykddddk is still in good spirits.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

To be fair, it's not like we could have gone in the other direction...

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            There have been a couple of comments about poor play this weekend. We certainly looked very nervous in both games, but we did not quit.
                            We have to give credit to Yale. They were the better team and they played with poise. Like they have been there before.
                            We will be better next year, but unless someone learns how to score on a regular basis, we will not get very far in the standings.
                            I totally agree. Listened to the game on WRPI on line. Long stretches of both games were lost, presumably due to technical difficulties. Interestingly we got our refund for the potential home playoff series that wasn't before RPI even played at Yale. Some aspects of this are getting better and more efficient. I don't care how much this team has improved or that there is great potential for next year or that the incoming recruits will help the team.....we will not get to the next step unless someone, anyone can put the puck in the net. We need to at least have a couple of double digit scorers. We cannot simply rely on a goalie to carry the team and hope we can score enough to win. During the last five games, all losses, our avg goal scored per game was 1.0, goals against was 3.8. The bottom line here is , at the most important time of the season, our opponents stepped up. We did not. That having been said.....I look forward to climbing the stairs to the top of section 6 next fall.

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                              We need to at least have a couple of double digit scorers.
                              Zieky and Polino would have been double digit scorers if they had played every game. Barely in the case of Polino.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Re our recruits Neutral Zone ranks them in the middle third (37th). Granted that there are players who probably won't be coming this year who are included, but on the other hand, some who are probably coming are not included. Also there are similar errors for all teams. In comparison, this year's class is #32. It omits Gornall, and Leppanen wasn't rated.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X