Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    What would constitute a successful season next year ?
    At least .500, comfortable first round home-ice position, wins in Black Friday (Saturday?) and Freakout!, and a playoff series win.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

.500 record, first round at home and win the first round at least
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

For the program - success =finally reaching the final four of the ECAC and could care less if they lose there. But would be satisfied as many others have posted with a winning season in the league and overall and winning one playoff series.
        For myself - getting through a season without needing some sort of surgical repair and not having to lose part of an organ!
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          For the program - success =finally reaching the final four of the ECAC and could care less if they lose there. But would be satisfied as many others have posted with a winning season in the league and overall and winning one playoff series.
          For myself - getting through a season without needing some sort of surgical repair and not having to lose part of an organ!
          I kept trying to tell you... Wurlitzer never breaks.

Comment

Today is 15 March 2019. There are 204 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019, 12:42 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

FWIW, Ryan Mahshie, the new recruit, has scored more than a goal every other game. NZ called him a natural goal scorer but only ranks him as 3.00

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-15-2019, 12:19 AM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

A player can make space until the cows come home, but unless the other players are going to do something about that space, then any sort of generation will be easily defended.
                That is true, and that is where coaching comes in. Praps used to skate around the offensive zone and his teammates stood around and watched him until he lost the puck.
                If Smith doesn't put in a system where the rest of the team moves to open spaces as Hallbauer is doing his thing, we will get nothing out of it.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Average three goals a game. Kill over 80% of penalties. Convert at least 17% of power plays.
                  If that happens, the wins will come.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    FWIW, Ryan Mahshie, the new recruit, has scored more than a goal every other game. NZ called him a natural goal scorer but only ranks him as 3.00

Interesting RB. On a team loaded with D1 commits he was still unsigned. What Do you think is the reason for his low NZ rating is based on? When do you think he'll be in Troy?
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      Interesting RB. On a team loaded with D1 commits he was still unsigned. What Do you think is the reason for his low NZ rating is based on? When do you think he'll be in Troy?
                      If he has a +/- rating, take out the goals (assume a percentage based on the team's PP%). What's left?

If he's scoring that much and rated low, either he's a big fish in a small pond, or he only knows how to play on that side of the centre line.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        He'll either come in 2019 or 2020 since he ages out at that time. I suspect that it will be this season and it indicates we are losing another player or a recruit is deferring, but your guess is as good as mine.

He has only been evaluated once by NZ, back in 10/17. Conceivably he just hasn't been looked at since then and his scoring is triple last season. If they notice that he committed, they may change it. Of course being on a team which went 57-3 in the regular season, he could be carried by teammates, but he was one of the top scorers in the league and higher in the goals department.

FD could also be correct.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          He'll either come in 2019 or 2020 since he ages out at that time. I suspect that it will be this season and it indicates we are losing another player or a recruit is deferring, but your guess is as good as mine.

He has only been evaluated once by NZ, back in 10/17. Conceivably he just hasn't been looked at since then and his scoring is triple last season. If they notice that he committed, they may change it. Of course being on a team which went 57-3 in the regular season, he could be carried by teammates, but he was one of the top scorers in the league and higher in the goals department.

FD could also be correct.
                          Seems like he's got some upside...hopefully we found a kid whose skill set is still on the rise. Hopefully he can skate a bit. Nice balance of G/A....with 83 PIM... Skill, great size AND grit?? Dr.D will be happy!
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Perhaps what happened with Laliberté has turned me into a skeptic.

Comment

Where did the ice go? Coming out early, no extra personal ice available. Is there an upgrade in the works or something else matters more?

Comment

Originally posted by Northbynorthwest View Post
                                Where did the ice go? Coming out early, no extra personal ice available. Is there an upgrade in the works or something else matters more?
                                GM week is coming up (not this upcoming week, but the one after), and that's usually the rain location for a lot of the festivities. Also, it's possible there are other events.

Comment

Working...
                                X