Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

UMass: 8 wins (2015-16), 5 wins (2016-17), 2017-18 below average team and under .500, 2018-19 NCAA Tournament lock and #2 team in the country
    RPI: 8 wins (2016-17), 6 wins (2017-18), 2018-19 below average team and under .500......

I'm just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      ROFLMAO

You actually drink that Kool-Aid? The way she's running it is a heck of a lot closer to Obama. What with using the IRS to go after conservatives...

But I digress.

Oh, one other thing: You're an American. He's also your President. Get over it. We dealt with your war monger for 8 years. I'll give you a chance if you want to give a specific example, but I know you're not going to be able to come up with anything specific.
      If you can't see the similarities, I am not going to argue with you. I will get over it when he is gone. As I did not vote for him, I do not consider him my president. And I don't like Kool Aid from either side.
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        Praps missed 2 months earlier with a LBI. He came back, played a few games & has been out the last 3 or 4. I don’t know if it’s an injury or not. They called up a Dman from their ECHL Team today. BTW, congrats to local boy, Derek Barach (Mercyhurst) who signed a PTO with Cleveland.
        Originally posted by jstadts View Post
        Praps played 26 AHL games and 11 ECHL games. Do you know if he is hurt? I hate to see guys leave for a few games in the AHL and then straight to ECHL which is common.ECHL equals low wages and long tough hours . The RPI degree long term is most often the better bet. If he already has credits to graduate or will by summers end then my point is moot. I agree that reillys game is better than praps was in college.
        I forgot to include the Post I was responding to....
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

There seem to be those on this thread who think that the Penguins are likely to make an offer to Will Reilly and try to get him to sign a pro contract before next season.

Ryan Haggerty is now in the Penguins' organization. He left RPI after his junior season to sign with the New York Rangers, who promised him that he would play in an NHL game before the year was out.

Five years have passed and Haggerty has yet to play in an NHL game.

Just something for Reilly to keep in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            I forgot to include the Post I was responding to....
            thanks turk.

Comment

I have no inside information so I have no idea what his plans are but he is plenty good enough to go that's not an issue if the penguins offer him some sort of signing bonus and a multi year 2 way entry level contract he would be crazy to pass that up JMO
              Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              There seem to be those on this thread who think that the Penguins are likely to make an offer to Will Reilly and try to get him to sign a pro contract before next season.

Ryan Haggerty is now in the Penguins' organization. He left RPI after his junior season to sign with the New York Rangers, who promised him that he would play in an NHL game before the year was out.

Five years have passed and Haggerty has yet to play in an NHL game.

Just something for Reilly to keep in mind.
              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Also keep in mind Haggerty signed a 3 year 2 way entry level contract with the rangers at the AHL level his salary was $70,000 and his amortized signing bonus was $92,500 that's $160k+ a year for three years not a bad deal for a 20yr old kid to play a game, lift weights and chase girls.
                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Have there been student managers in recent years (like the last 20 or so)? There were when I was at RPI. A matter of fact, I ran across one on a non-hockey-related message board.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                    Also keep in mind Haggerty signed a 3 year 2 way entry level contract with the rangers at the AHL level his salary was $70,000 and his amortized signing bonus was $92,500 that's $160k+ a year for three years not a bad deal for a 20yr old kid to play a game, lift weights and chase girls.
                    Don't the girls do the chasing when you are a professional athlete?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      ROFLMAO

You actually drink that Kool-Aid? The way she's running it is a heck of a lot closer to Obama. What with using the IRS to go after conservatives...

But I digress.

Oh, one other thing: You're an American. He's also your President. Get over it. We dealt with your war monger for 8 years. I'll give you a chance if you want to give a specific example, but I know you're not going to be able to come up with anything specific.
                      Please permit me to be very specific. Bless you Dude for being one who, like me, has had enough of these clowns and stands up to them. In this case, however, give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they have neither done their taxes yet, looked at their 1099-INT forms or 1099-DIV forms (assuming that bunch get any). Otherwise, they would best be described by the great comic Ron White's catch phrase of "You can't fix stupid". Winners, like us, who have done their taxes, get those forms and are capable of basic reading and math may have noticed things like the following as I did:

1) More TAXABLE interest and dividend income under the current administration in 2018 alone than EITHER FOUR YEAR TERM of the previous administration along with roughly a 2.5 to 3% tax cut on both this and ALL OTHER TAXABLE income. Add the increase in tax exempt interest income for 2018 alone (401 and 457 plans) and you dammed near (but not quite) wipe out all interest and dividends earned for ALL EIGHT YEARS of the previous administration. Yes, those who spent their four decade working careers saving wisely are now truly "WINNING AGAIN".

2) Should savings and CD interest rates continue to rise at anywhere near the same pace as they have for the last two years (big if with all the interference by obvious non winners), by the very early part of the next decade ONE YEAR OF TAXABLE interest and dividends will also wipe out all TAXABLE interest and dividends earned for ALL EIGHT YEARS of the previous administration.

3) Yes, 2018 did turn out to not be a very good year to have a lot of very expensive dental work done or to be paying property taxes on an unoccupied home undergoing modernization(unoccupied means no STAR or senior reductions). Yes, those deductions are all bye, bye. That should keep the whiners going for awhile. Unfortunately, for them, the results are still the LARGEST TAX REFUND OF MY ENTIRE LIFE. Oh, by the way, that was accomplished as a RETIREE on a RETIREE'S INCOME.

Remember Dude that attacking greatness, regardless of whether it is great success, leadership, business or even athletics, is the new America for some malcontents. In athletics, see hate for Duke hoop coach, U Conn women's hoop coach, Patriot football coach, Patriot quarterback, etc., etc. What else is there to add?

Comment

Today is 12 March 2019. There are 207 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019, 12:41 PM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Coaching makes a huge difference are you kidding me
                          https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave...oaching_career
                          2 winning seasons basically at Canisius guy is a bum coach
                          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

• Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                            Coaching makes a huge difference are you kidding me
                            https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave...oaching_career
                            2 winning seasons basically at Canisius guy is a bum coach
                            Maybe so, but he built that program from scratch. Give the guy a chance to turn things around. This post is a joke
                            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Have there been student managers in recent years (like the last 20 or so)? There were when I was at RPI. A matter of fact, I ran across one on a non-hockey-related message board.
                              I wanna say they haven't - but cannot swear to it. Did I miss the tweet from RPI Hockey that they are looking for a new Asst Coach? (they are). Apparently RPI hockey fans don't deserve to be updated with this type of information ...only when a new coffee maker is installed or to hit us up for money. (Ain't happening ...Ha.)
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                I wanna say they haven't - but cannot swear to it. Did I miss the tweet from RPI Hockey that they are looking for a new Asst Coach? (they are). Apparently RPI hockey fans don't deserve to be updated with this type of information ...only when a new coffee maker is installed or to hit us up for money. (Ain't happening ...Ha.)
                                Which assistant is leaving?
                                Theres an assistant at UMass Amherst, well, forget it.
                                Last edited by DavidSec17; 03-12-2019, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X