Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
    Having my youngest child graduating in a few weeks I understand. It’s been eight years of major tuition payments. I believe in Jacob’s case, however, since he still has collegiate eligibility, he can receive scholarship dollars. Melanson joined a full BU roster. However, they’ve lost a huge portion of their roster in the last few weeks so it wouldn’t surprise me if BU offered Jacob significant scholarship support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congrats on being done with tuition,, its great! I thought the same thing about BU. That would be interesting as many of the BU faithful weren`t crazy about the job Albie did and players are abandoning ship there also.

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Yeah thanks...I understand. I was responding to the notion that it was a possibility that he would/could return in the fall.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
        Do we know that Fontaine’s change of heart is related to Jewell? Was he even the lead recruiter at Lawrence Academy? D-I ACs change frequently so presuming one will still be there upon enrollment several years later, much less throughout the course of a college career, seems questionable at best. Furthermore, I find it hard to believe that playing under a goalie AC was his motivation for committing. If anything I would think it was either Smith or Graham as they were both experienced coaching forwards.

Seemed to happen around the same time. And it's not like it's unheard of; how many of our issues in 2010 were aggravated by Monty leaving?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Yeah thanks...I understand. I was responding to the notion that it was a possibility that he would/could return in the fall.
          like i said earlier. I loved JH effort and wish him the best. Having said that i agree with FD. We have to support the guys that want to be at RPI.

Comment

• Originally posted by jstadts View Post
            like i said earlier. I loved JH effort and wish him the best. Having said that i agree with FD. We have to support the guys that want to be at RPI.
            There is no stability. Anyone (players, parents, advisers) from the outside can see the program is adrift. Smitty might get it straightened but it's a coin flip at this point.

It starts at the top as we have long discussed here. Look at any successful program in the league or elsewhere ...the common denominators are support from the top down and stability.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              There is no stability. Anyone (players, parents, advisers) from the outside can see the program is adrift. Smitty might get it straightened but it's a coin flip at this point.

It starts at the top as we have long discussed here. Look at any successful program in the league or elsewhere ...the common denominators are support from the top down and stability.
              And regrettably, that isn't changing until at least 2024. However, one of my friends from "those olden days" thinks we should take a very close look at the Board of Trustees.

Comment

could you expand on stability comment please.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                  That's a kick in the sack. I wonder if this will stop a) after Seth's recruits have fully flushed through the system and/or b) RPI becomes a program of enough prominence that players want to come and stay. I've noticed the recruiting of players in D1 programs is rather prevalent this year, and RPI isn't immune to this. However, RPI has far fewer top players coming in, so upper-echelon programs/educations (HE, Ivy) can come in and cherry-pick.

OTOH, I'd love to know the discussion that went down, and these players not honoring their commitment. Do they feel the Institute has let them down in their part of the commitment?

Gah!
                  I suspect that it is different in different cases.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A short article in the Gazette about Hayhurst. Coach Smith confirms he is transferring.

https://dailygazette.com/article/201...t-transferring
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I suspect that it is different in different cases.
                      The silence is always deafening in the decommit department. Who screwed who is a big secret. GF sounded so sincere in his announcement to his hometown newspaper. He talked about union rivalry etc. Then silence when he is back on the market. what the hell happened. Smith can hide behind NCAA rules but you would think just one of these kids would want to set the record straight. Nobody calls anybody out.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                        The silence is always deafening in the decommit department. Who screwed who is a big secret. GF sounded so sincere in his announcement to his hometown newspaper. He talked about union rivalry etc. Then silence when he is back on the market. what the hell happened. Smith can hide behind NCAA rules but you would think just one of these kids would want to set the record straight. Nobody calls anybody out.
                        There is one where I know the gory details because I was in contact with his father, but I am sure that he would not want me to post them.

As far as GF is concerned, I suspect that he was influenced a lot by his former teammates in prep school on Chicago's roster. Hopefully, Sarlo won't do the same.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 17 April 2019. There are 171 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The program reaps what they sew. Comment was made that team was going to remain in tact moving forward after the season. Next thing Jewell is dumped along with the volunteer asst. who had much respect from the players. Burke leaves middle of year, Ott gets exiled and now Hayhurst. I called Hayhurst and Reilly shortly after season ended. 1 out of 2 ain't bad. With Jewel gone dont be surprised if more follow.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                              The program reaps what they sew. Comment was made that team was going to remain in tact moving forward after the season. Next thing Jewell is dumped along with the volunteer asst. who had much respect from the players. Burke leaves middle of year, Ott gets exiled and now Hayhurst. I called Hayhurst and Reilly shortly after season ended. 1 out of 2 ain't bad. With Jewel gone dont be surprised if more follow.
                              Do we know Jewell was “dumped?” We heard that he’s gone but this is the first I’ve seen that implies it was involuntary. It’s also the first I’ve seen that the missing second assistant is the volunteer, Lysyj (sp?), and that it too was involuntary. That position turns over so frequently, for obvious reasons, that I’ve never really paid much attention to the coming and goings.

Comment

Fair...dumped is just my word. Either way neither are there and if any players were "vested" in those two coaches, I think you will see more decommits.

Comment

Working...
                                X