Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Today is 24 June 2019. There are 103 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by sezenack View Post
    Incoming freshman Simon Kjellberg is on the roster for the New York Rangers development camp. He was a 6th round pick of theirs in 2018. I will keep looking for other RPI players on rosters
    To streamline your search these are the teams ATT who have not announced a Roster; Boston, Buff., Fla., Ott., Carolina, NJ, NYI, Wash., Chicago, Colorado, Calgary, LA, & SJ. Reilly is of course in Pitts. Camp. Surprisingly, Prapps is not in CBJ Camp. Perhaps still recovering from season ending injury. No surprise but Perry is not in Detroits Camp.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    To streamline your search these are the teams ATT who have not announced a Roster; Boston, Buff., Fla., Ott., Carolina, NJ, NYI, Wash., Chicago, Colorado, Calgary, LA, & SJ. Reilly is of course in Pitts. Camp. Surprisingly, Prapps is not in CBJ Camp. Perhaps still recovering from season ending injury. No surprise but Perry is not in Detroits Camp.
    Colorado just released theirs. No one from RPI.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

You can also cross off SJ, LA,Carolina, Florida & Ottawa. Burgess is in Ottawa’s Camp though.

You can also cross off SJ, LA,Carolina, Florida & Ottawa. Burgess is in Ottawa’s Camp though.
    Cross off Washington as well.

So, which teams does that leave?

Today is 25 June 2019. There are 102 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.

I don't understand some of this. I've seen so many average players with ~10 points last season in the NCAA on some of these rosters, and yet I haven't seen Leppanen, Zieky or even Hayhurst (even though he is transferring, it's worth noting). In addition, I've seen so many average NCAA goaltenders who barely even had .900 save %'s last season, and I haven't seen Owen Savory on any of these rosters. It's quite annoying and frustrating to me, and I don't understand how some of our players are getting passed over for some of these average players.

Cross off NYI, Colorado and Minnesota. This leaves Boston, Buffalo, NJ, Chicago, and Calgary

I don't understand some of this. I've seen so many average players with ~10 points last season in the NCAA on some of these rosters, and yet I haven't seen Leppanen, Zieky or even Hayhurst (even though he is transferring, it's worth noting). In addition, I've seen so many average NCAA goaltenders who barely even had .900 save %'s last season, and I haven't seen Owen Savory on any of these rosters. It's quite annoying and frustrating to me, and I don't understand how some of our players are getting passed over for some of these average players.
    Although it doesn't explain all surprising invites, some roster spots are cleary taken up by local players. Here's an example of a local (to TN) NAHL player invited to Nashville Predators camp, and I've seen other examples of teams inviting players in their own backyard:

https://twitter.com/ChippewaSteel/st...32168079167488

2016 Hockey East Overlords

I don't understand why you're surprised that a 22 year old with 3 goals or a 21 year old with 4 goals aren't being invited to NHL camps. There are definitely some bad decisions out there (the Quinnipiac kid comes to mind) but there are many, many better resumes that didn't get a camp invite than those two.

The issue here isn't that those guys aren't being picked for these rosters, it's the 10 other random kids you saw who did get invites just for knowing somebody or being from somewhere.
    Last edited by TheRevengeance; 06-25-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    I don't understand why you're surprised that a 22 year old with 3 goals or a 21 year old with 4 goals aren't being invited to NHL camps. There are definitely some bad decisions out there (the Quinnipiac kid comes to mind) but there are many, many better resumes that didn't get a camp invite than those two.

The issue here isn't that those guys aren't being picked for these rosters, it's the 10 other random kids you saw who did get invites just for knowing somebody or being from somewhere.
    You’re not alone in your thinking......

You’re not alone in your thinking......
    Do you think that Chris Clark had something to do with getting 5 CCT free agents invited to Columbus? https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post

I was just giving examples of players from our team who haven't been invited. You do realize though that Hayhurst scored 12 goals the season prior? He also was averaging a point per game prior to his injury on one of the worst offensive teams in the country. Leppanen had 19 points in his freshman season on an offensively deficient team. They are by no means major snubs, but they are for sure better than many random players I have seen who have gotten invites.

On the otherhand, Savory is a major snub. He's the best returning goaltender in the ECAC and had one of the best save percentages in the country despite only being a freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Do you think that Chris Clark had something to do with getting 5 CCT free agents invited to Columbus? https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf
    It might. It also doesn’t hurt that the CBJ GM is a former Clarkson player.

Cross off NYI, Colorado and Minnesota. This leaves Boston, Buffalo, NJ, Chicago, and Calgary
    Boston just released their Roster. Cross them off.........EDIT; Buffalo just released theirs as well. That leaves Chicago (Chicago’s camp is in July) & Calgary.
    Last edited by turk181; 06-25-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Boston just released their Roster. Cross them off.
    Buffalo did as well

I miss Tie Domi
    It might. It also doesn’t hurt that the CBJ GM is a former Clarkson player.
    Kekäläinen remains close to CCT program. He was in town the last game I saw at Cheel last season.

I'm an Implant Engineer

1) RPI has, on the whole, very average players.
    2) At the time, a key recruit, Burgess, got injured and missed the enitre season at one of these camps. I would bet that has significance in whether an RPI player goes on an invited status.
    3) most of the players invited are cannon fodder for the real prospects.
    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

I miss Tie Domi
    I was just giving examples of players from our team who haven't been invited. You do realize though that Hayhurst scored 12 goals the season prior? He also was averaging a point per game prior to his injury on one of the worst offensive teams in the country. Leppanen had 19 points in his freshman season on an offensively deficient team. They are by no means major snubs, but they are for sure better than many random players I have seen who have gotten invites.

On the otherhand, Savory is a major snub. He's the best returning goaltender in the ECAC and had one of the best save percentages in the country despite only being a freshman.
    Invite or no invite, undrafted kids who perform well at the D1 level will get noticed and have options, post graduation. As SS pointed out, non-drafted camp invitees are largely cannon fodder for the teams' A list players. It ain't that big of a deal. Most D1 kids are skating/working out with other college players and/or pros in the summer.

Thread Information