Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1001

Thread: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

  1. #1
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    200,764

    RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Today is 9 March 2019. There are 210 days (30 weeks) until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.


    last thread
    https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...Bother-Reading
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019 at 12:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    48,064

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    And yet again we miss the time change. Remember to factor into the halfway point.

  3. #3
    Alleged Kool-Aid Drinker....OH YEAH
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Halfmoon,NY
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Well at least the student announcer for WRPI got some playoff experience?
    Last edited by fishcore12; 03-09-2019 at 08:25 PM.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Side, HFH
    Posts
    1,214

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    I like the title, Ralph. What's the inspiration?

    FD, I'm turning in soon and am turning my clocks ahead now. Sunday morning comes early for me .

  5. #5
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    200,764

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by fr. joe View Post
    I like the title, Ralph. What's the inspiration?

    FD, I'm turning in soon and am turning my clocks ahead now. Sunday morning comes early for me .
    Ask the creator of the title. As usual, I asked for suggestions.

  6. #6
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    200,764

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    And yet again we miss the time change. Remember to factor into the halfway point.
    It's in my spreadsheet.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    103

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    I posted this first part on the other thread but I'll post it here too: That sucked to say the least. Team looked like they didn't want to be there. I wanted to end the year on a high note and instead it looks like we're not going to be anywhere close to good next season.
    All in all it was a pathetic game(s) to watch and I don't see any positives to takeaway from them. It's the most frustrating thing to see them fail to execute the most basic things. All I can say is I hope Smith has a plan to fix this mess. Originally, I thought this team was on the right track and we could contend for the tourney next season; now I don't even know if I can count on a .500 season. We'll just have to see.

    On another note, I realized recently that players are wearing retired numbers. Why is that? 8, 9 and 12 come to mind immediately, but there may be more I cannot remember. Kind of a slap in the face to what those players contributed to the program (specifically Oates and Juneau, our best 2 players EVER).

    Also when are we going to find out our out of conference schedule (or at the very least our opponents)? I've been dying to know. I assume at least 2 hockey east teams and some sort of tournament somewhere, but that's about all I know/can guess

  8. #8
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    200,764

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?


  9. #9
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    200,764

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by sezenack View Post
    I posted this first part on the other thread but I'll post it here too: That sucked to say the least. Team looked like they didn't want to be there. I wanted to end the year on a high note and instead it looks like we're not going to be anywhere close to good next season.
    All in all it was a pathetic game(s) to watch and I don't see any positives to takeaway from them. It's the most frustrating thing to see them fail to execute the most basic things. All I can say is I hope Smith has a plan to fix this mess. Originally, I thought this team was on the right track and we could contend for the tourney next season; now I don't even know if I can count on a .500 season. We'll just have to see.

    On another note, I realized recently that players are wearing retired numbers. Why is that? 8, 9 and 12 come to mind immediately, but there may be more I cannot remember. Kind of a slap in the face to what those players contributed to the program (specifically Oates and Juneau, our best 2 players EVER).

    Also when are we going to find out our out of conference schedule (or at the very least our opponents)? I've been dying to know. I assume at least 2 hockey east teams and some sort of tournament somewhere, but that's about all I know/can guess
    We have, thankfully, never retired a number, The ring of honor does not mean that the number has been retired.

    As to the nonconference schedule, at earliest we may hear something at the team dinner. Otherwise just rumors. Go to FD08's schedules thread. Not much has been posted yet.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    115

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Rumor on schedule has us going to Kalamazoo to play WMU. Other non-con, Canisius and Umass and UCONN.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,575

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Pretty clean series this weekend. Savory is the real deal. Good luck to the seniors.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  12. #12
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    200,764

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    Pretty clean series this weekend. Savory is the real deal. Good luck to the seniors.
    Thanks, LT. Good luck next weekend.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    103

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by capswon View Post
    Rumor on schedule has us going to Kalamazoo to play WMU. Other non-con, Canisius and Umass and UCONN.
    Where was that reported/rumored? Would be interesting to play both UMass and UConn in back to back seasons. A trip to WMU would also be pretty cool

  14. #14
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    200,764

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by sezenack View Post
    Where was that reported/rumored? Would be interesting to play both UMass and UConn in back to back seasons. A trip to WMU would also be pretty cool
    Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but playing Canisius would mean that the only schools whom we have never played are UNO and NMU.

  15. #15
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Haven, CT
    Posts
    3,565

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Well that was likely the last RPI playoff game I will ever be able to attend, as I intend to get a job outside the Northeast. Glad they really made it worth it for me. For the last three or four seasons, the thought has been there, we just can't execute. Today, we made a whole bunch of bad decisions on top of that so nothing worked. Just awesome.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

  16. #16
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    200,764

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Today is 10 March 2019. There are 209 days until RPI's next game.


    This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019 at 12:40 PM.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Side, HFH
    Posts
    1,214

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but playing Canisius would mean that the only schools whom we have never played are UNO and NMU.
    Ralph, I'm not sure on this but does Michigan Tech belong on that list?

  18. #18
    PUCKMAN RULES!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    middletown, ny
    Posts
    14,151

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    There have been a couple of comments about poor play this weekend. We certainly looked very nervous in both games, but we did not quit.
    We have to give credit to Yale. They were the better team and they played with poise. Like they have been there before.
    We will be better next year, but unless someone learns how to score on a regular basis, we will not get very far in the standings.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Colonie, NY
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but playing Canisius would mean that the only schools whom we have never played are UNO and NMU.
    I know they haven’t been around long, but you can add Penn State to that list.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    48,064

    Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but playing Canisius would mean that the only schools whom we have never played are UNO and NMU.
    And in the distance, I see Penn State trying to get RFAlph's attention. Unless he's counting the women.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •