Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Burgess | Hayhurst | Zieky
    Leppanen | Gornall | Polino
    Mahshie | Marrello | Bowman
    Lee | Linden | Lacka

Johnson | Reilly
    Babichuk | Ferner
    Samec/Kjellberg | Hallbauer

as of now, these are the lines I'd like to see for next season, but a lot will change as freshman become official.
    Despite being an NHL draft choice, Kjellberg is not the best of the supposedly incoming defensemen. I think that he is closer to the worst.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Despite being an NHL draft choice, Kjellberg is not the best of the supposedly incoming defensemen. I think that he is closer to the worst.
      Ralph, I have great respect for your knowledge of such things. Could you please expand on that statement?
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        Lee | Linden | Lacka

Johnson | Reilly
        Babichuk | Ferner

as of now, these are the lines I'd like to see for next season, but a lot will change as freshman become official.
        What about Shane (Ralph) Bear? Isn’t he better than either Samec or Kjellberg?

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          Ralph, I have great respect for your knowledge of such things. Could you please expand on that statement?
          He does not get that much ice time when he plays and has often been a healthy scratch. I have read opinions that he was drafted by the Rangers in large part because his father works for them. I certainly hope that I am wrong.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            I hadn't noticed, but I agree. He does have to improve his spelling.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                Lee | Linden | Lacka

Johnson | Reilly
                Babichuk | Ferner

How can you even speculate on lines when there's no indication of who is coming in. According to Ralph's list there are 10 freshmen for next year. That would be a net gain of 6 more players for next year. They ended the season with a roster of 27. With 4 graduating that brings the number down to 23. 10 freshmen would make it 33 which I do not believe is allowable. I think the max roster size is 31. With that being said I believe the RPI locker room only holds 28 players. So if my math is correct and no one else is leaving the max freshmen class would be 5 new players. If 28 is the number, which is what last year was to start the season, that would mean 16F, 9D and 3G. Again what last years opening roster was. So with all that being said, that means 1G, 2D and 2F in the incoming class.

Based on age .... Ashbrook fills one forward spot, Babichuk one defensive spot and Miller is your goalie. Ralph has Herman as being in the directory as accepted into the school so that would appear that he is the other forward. So that leaves one more spot .....

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                  How can you even speculate on lines when there's no indication of who is coming in. According to Ralph's list there are 10 freshmen for next year. That would be a net gain of 6 more players for next year. They ended the season with a roster of 27. With 4 graduating that brings the number down to 23. 10 freshmen would make it 33 which I do not believe is allowable. I think the max roster size is 31. With that being said I believe the RPI locker room only holds 28 players. So if my math is correct and no one else is leaving the max freshmen class would be 5 new players. If 28 is the number, which is what last year was to start the season, that would mean 16F, 9D and 3G. Again what last years opening roster was. So with all that being said, that means 1G, 2D and 2F in the incoming class.

Based on age .... Ashbrook fills one forward spot, Babichuk one defensive spot and Miller is your goalie. Ralph has Herman as being in the directory as accepted into the school so that would appear that he is the other forward. So that leaves one more spot .....
                  You are also assuming that no one is leaving. It would surprise me if that will be the case.

The NCAA limit is to how many players the 18 scholarships can be divided. I don't think there is any limit to roster size. The locker room does give a de facto limit.

I see no problem speculating on lines, lineup, whatever, as long as it is clear it is speculation. Sezenack made it clear that was what he was doing.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He does not get that much ice time when he plays and has often been a healthy scratch. I have read opinions that he was drafted by the Rangers in large part because his father works for them. I certainly hope that I am wrong.
                    Thanks, seems logical to me.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Thanks, seems logical to me.
                      Of course, I have also found that logic doesn't always work.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

At least RPI-TV went to LP.

Reilly Hamilton is a former RPI-TV member and poster here.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 24 March 2019. There are 195 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019, 12:46 PM.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                            You're right I totally forgot about him, that's my bad. Put him in there over both

Comment

At least RPI-TV went to LP.

Reilly Hamilton is a former RPI-TV member and poster here.
                              My congrats to RPI-TV, they did a great job with the broadcast. My only complaint was having a Cornell alum doing color - his cheering on the 1st goal, and insistence that the winner was offsides was pretty blatantly one-sided. And yes, I know I was one-sided the other way - but I wasn't on TV telling people what I thought. I assume that decision is a league decision, not an RPI-TV decision.
                              Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                              Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by drshoen View Post
                                My congrats to RPI-TV, they did a great job with the broadcast. My only complaint was having a Cornell alum doing color - his cheering on the 1st goal, and insistence that the winner was offsides was pretty blatantly one-sided. And yes, I know I was one-sided the other way - but I wasn't on TV telling people what I thought. I assume that decision is a league decision, not an RPI-TV decision.
                                and an RPI alum, C. J. Hanafin, was one of the refs.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X