Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    No, I didn't mention anything about food. Also, I forgot to mention that I suggested that they update the intro video before the players take the ice with newer clips that include current players
    That’s RPITV
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Today is 25 April 2019. There are 163 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        We had 28 players last season, 16 forwards, 9 defenseman, and 3 goalies. That's counting Moore as a D.

Burke left. Perry, Wiffen, Moore, and Grant graduated. Hayhurst is leaving. I will assume that reports of Ott and Harris leaving a correct. That brings us to 12, 6, and 2.

Thus we need 4, 3, and 1 to keep the same distribution. Miller is the new goalie. That part is simple. We had LOIs signed by 4 forwards (Ashbrook, Dubinsky, Herrman, McIsaac) and 4 defensemen (Babichuk, Davies, Klee, and Kjellberg). Since then one more forward (Mahshie) and one more defenseman (Helsen) have entered the mix. All but McIsaac and Davies among the originals have appeared in the directory, as has Beaton, previously assumed to be coming in 2020.

My guess is that the new forwards are Ashbrook, Dubinsky, Herrman, and Mahshie, and the new D are Babichuk, Klee, and Helsen. If others leave, then I think that Kjellberg and Beaton are also coming. I suspect that McIsaac and Davies won't be coming until 2020.

These are all just my thoughts.
        With Calvaruso added and Davies now in the directory, things have changed again. Calvaruso is probably coming instead of Miller. As to the defense, I have the feeling that someone else is leaving and it apparently isn't Reilly.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-25-2019, 10:04 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I'll pass.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            With Calvaruso added and Davies now in the directory, things have changed again. Calvaruso is probably coming instead of Miller. As to the defense, I have the feeling that someone else is leaving and it apparently isn't Reilly.
            That would be one of Samec, Bear, Hallbauer, Johnson and Ferner. I really liked the freshmen so I hope they are all returning. Samec has improved each year but he was a 21 year old freshman so I wonder if he came in with enough credits to graduate this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
              That would be one of Samec, Bear, Hallbauer, Johnson and Ferner. I really liked the freshmen so I hope they are all returning. Samec has improved each year but he was a 21 year old freshman so I wonder if he came in with enough credits to graduate this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Samec does seem the most likely. Of course, a couple of the supposed incoming players could defer. Babichuk and Helsen must come now. Anything else is possible. Someone on Finish Your Check posted that Klee might return to Sioux Falls, but I doubt it. He is IMHO more ready that Kjellberg or Davies,
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I'll pass.

Having heard CCT's Tony Collins speak at a BizLab event last week (he was engaging and it was easy to see what kind of leader he is), I'm tempted to tune in to SAJ to compare and contrast the two. But doubt I will !! Ha
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I hope that she doesn't expect to see any hockey games at the EMPAC.

Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-25-2019, 02:32 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 26 April 2019. There are 162 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I see the Times-Union Center in Albany will be hosting one of the NCAA regional tournaments in 2020.

Glad to know that the ice will be used for more than just the Mayor's Cup next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          Yay Sachi!!!!! More fan exclusion !!!! Yay !!!! Were there any coaches present other than Smith??? Yay !!!! Cheerleading !!!
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            I see the Times-Union Center in Albany will be hosting one of the NCAA regional tournaments in 2020.

Glad to know that the ice will be used for more than just the Mayor's Cup next season.
                            Calling what the TUC considers ice is a stretch, to say the least ...

Comment

Here's a Doomsday scenario to pass some time:
                              With Leaman said to be kicking pro tires in Ottawa and Buffalo ...Mongo could leave Union for Providence...Mayotte could go to SLUt as HC, and ......wait for it....... BENNY BARR goes to Union !!! The Revenge Tour 2020!!! Ha haaaaaaa...Knowing our luck, it'll happen.

Comment

Today is 27 April 2019. There are 161 days (23 weeks) until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X