Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I wonder if all of our teams could claim that in their sport.
    As I recall, back in 1966, long before there were national championship playoffs in football, Notre Dame won the national championship on the basis of poll voting.

Someone figured out that, based on comparative scores, our football team, which went 5-4 that year, was about two touchdowns better than Notre Dame.

This, some may recall, was an RPI football team only one year removed from the end of its inglorious 43-game winless streak.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
      As I recall, back in 1966, long before there were national championship playoffs in football, Notre Dame won the national championship on the basis of poll voting.

Someone figured out that, based on comparative scores, our football team, which went 5-4 that year, was about two touchdowns better than Notre Dame.

This, some may recall, was an RPI football team only one year removed from the end of its inglorious 43-game winless streak.
      I recall that also, but IIRC it used winning margins, so close losses were in the chain.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So it looks like the team hit their fundraising goal to get GelSTX. Wonder how much it's actually going to help them? Allegedly, it's an excellent training tool for shot velocity, stick handling and passing and muscle development with those skills. Maybe something to keep an eye on next season

Comment

Today is 23 April 2019. There are 165 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
            So it looks like the team hit their fundraising goal to get GelSTX. Wonder how much it's actually going to help them? Allegedly, it's an excellent training tool for shot velocity, stick handling and passing and muscle development with those skills. Maybe something to keep an eye on next season
            If it means they hit the net more often, it's money well spent.

Comment

Hi everyone,
              I meant to post a summary about my meeting with Norris and Co. earlier, but I had a ton of homework this week. Anyways I wrote google doc that pretty much summarized my suggestions and their responses. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Almost every suggestion I made had a positive response, and I think they are definitely willing to carry most of these out.

Comment

"The pep band agreed to be moved to their current location as long as the fieldhouse added lighting there and took out the seating so there was room for the instruments."
                Having been an officer when that "agreement" was made, that's a pretty twisted version of what actually happened. We were told that the move to the stands was basically permanent and that we had to accept that. To make it possible for us to play up there, we asked for the addition of lights and the removal of seats. So they frame it as we asked for those things in exchange for staying there long term, I'd say they told us we'd be in the stands long term and we asked for those things to make it feasible.

Now, of course, the rink is telling the band that they might have to limit how many people they're allowed to bring to games because the band is taking up too much space (?????).
                RPI Pep Band
                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  Hi everyone,
                  I meant to post a summary about my meeting with Norris and Co. earlier, but I had a ton of homework this week. Anyways I wrote google doc that pretty much summarized my suggestions and their responses. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Almost every suggestion I made had a positive response, and I think they are definitely willing to carry most of these out.
                  Thanks for making the effort. No discussion about the band being throttled from playing throughout the game ?
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    Thanks for making the effort. No discussion about the band being throttled from playing throughout the game ?
                    Unfortunately, I didn't see that suggestion come in until after my meeting. In addition, although all of you disagree with this, I think most of the students prefer the pep band playing less from what I've seen when I talk to them which might be why they are playing less now.

One funny thing I forgot to mention was when I was showing examples from UMass Hockey's twitter account of things our twitter account should be doing and Norris said, "Well, UMass just played in the National Championship, so they must be doing something right." Another Fieldhouse staff member in the meeting (can't remember his name off the top of my head) chimed in, "Ben Barr". Just thought it was a funny little quip.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      Having been an officer when that "agreement" was made, that's a pretty twisted version of what actually happened. We were told that the move to the stands was basically permanent and that we had to accept that. To make it possible for us to play up there, we asked for the addition of lights and the removal of seats. So they frame it as we asked for those things in exchange for staying there long term, I'd say they told us we'd be in the stands long term and we asked for those things to make it feasible.

Now, of course, the rink is telling the band that they might have to limit how many people they're allowed to bring to games because the band is taking up too much space (?????).
                      Obviously, it was not framed that way to me. He made it seem like the pep band agreed to being moved up there and needed the addition of lights and removal of seats for it to happen. He didn't paint it as the pep band being forced up there.

The second part is news to me, so I'm not sure what I can do there as that seems like the pep band's battle to fight and not mine.

Comment

Interesting that Terry Jordan (a former RPI goalie) and I assume his wife made the donations to reach the goal. IIRC, Terry won the award for the highest average in the entire freshman class back in 68-69.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                            Hi everyone,

Anything on food? Good work otherwise
                            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Today is 24 April 2019. There are 164 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                                Anything on food? Good work otherwise
                                No, I didn't mention anything about food. Also, I forgot to mention that I suggested that they update the intro video before the players take the ice with newer clips that include current players

Comment

Working...
                                X