Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
    This was on my mind all season It takes away from the atmosphere at RPI games. Reminds me of a AHL/ ECHL atmosphere, not college.

I visited Lynah for the first time this season and we all have our opinions on Cornell but one thing I noticed and enjoyed was it was all band during warm ups and the game,which is how games at the Field House used to be. I recall leaving a game this year and 2 women confronted Niles about the music and how they wanted to hear more band.

What's even more moronic is blaring the music over Al as he does the player intros for both teams.I couldn't hear where the kids from the other teams were from, only to hear Axel Rose screaming and I hated that 25 years ago.
    You can say the same thing about the Clarkson band. The RPI band played alongside them at Cheel for a song or two earlier in the year, so it's not like our band doesn't know how the others are thriving in their barns.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Congrats to Alex Rodriguez on his 1st pro goal tonight..... https://lscluster.hockeytech.com/gam...&game_id=16888
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        Congrats to Alex Rodriguez on his 1st pro goal tonight..... https://lscluster.hockeytech.com/gam...&game_id=16888
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Today is 21 March 2019. There are 198 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019, 12:45 PM.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Wholeheartedly agree....Exactly what I was getting at - they are intentionally stifling the band ...often not to read advertising but to play HORRIBLE canned music.

The RPI pep band represents everything that is good about college athletics generally and hockey specifically!! This needs to stop ...it's time for an uprising folks !! Not even kidding ...
            My first hockey game at HFH was in 1993, after being a pro hockey fan for over 30 years.
            It was the band that made it a unique and wonderful experience.
            I would love to see them back behind the opposing goalie where everyone can see and hear them. Now when I sit high up in section 9, I can hardly hear the music or see the band and it takes away from the whole experience.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              My first hockey game at HFH was in 1993, after being a pro hockey fan for over 30 years.
              I would love to see them back behind the opposing goalie where everyone can see and hear them. Now when I sit high up in section 9, I can hardly hear the music or see the band and it takes away from the whole experience.
              couldn't agree more, I was surprised how empty the HFH felt without the band there.
              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

I would love to see them back behind the opposing goalie where everyone can see and hear them.
                aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h
                RPI Pep Band
                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Couldn’t agree more. My 1st game was 05 vs SLU. It was a sellout & we sat in the gray seats by the Zamboni. Stage was behind goal & I was blown away. I had never had so much fun at any sporting event. Today, it’s more entertaining going to Bethlehem HS games.

Comment

First brought Jenny to a game at HFH in 1975 and she felt the atmosphere was downright electric. The place was not filled completely but you had to look hard to find the empty seats. My first game was in 1963 and i cannot remember if any band was there but i do remember it being hard to see from some angles due to the posts that were present and the annoying chicken wire.
                    Another vote here for bring the band back down behind the goal! And a vote for restarting a invitational tournament! And a vote to brinkg back the Bee!!! Buzz Buzz
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      First brought Jenny to a game at HFH in 1975 and she felt the atmosphere was downright electric. The place was not filled completely but you had to look hard to find the empty seats. My first game was in 1963 and i cannot remember if any band was there but i do remember it being hard to see from some angles due to the posts that were present and the annoying chicken wire.
                      Another vote here for bring the band back down behind the goal! And a vote for restarting a invitational tournament! And a vote to brinkg back the Bee!!! Buzz Buzz
                      I’ve stated here and I even told the Colonel when he was AD that they should build a mirror image of Shirley’s palace at the other end but replace the center box with a bandstand. It would have all the benefits of the stage but get the band above the glass. It would create a truly awesome college hockey environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        I do remember the poles but not the chicken wire.
                        And here’s another vote to bring the band back down behind the goal. They could just build a stage above the glass and place the band there. They wouldn’t have to worry about pucks going into the band with the netting above the glass that they have in place now. I remember a puck going into one of the tubas years ago..
                        The tournament and bringing back Swarm are unfortunately pipe dreams. They can’t find a sponsor for the tournament and rumor has it that the kids were afraid of Swarm (though he was my personal favorite).

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          I read that too fast. I thought that you wanted to bring back the beer.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                            I do remember the poles but not the chicken wire.
                            And here’s another vote to bring the band back down behind the goal. They could just build a stage above the glass and place the band there. They wouldn’t have to worry about pucks going into the band with the netting above the glass that they have in place now. I remember a puck going into one of the tubas years ago..
                            The tournament and bringing back Swarm are unfortunately pipe dreams. They can’t find a sponsor for the tournament and rumor has it that the kids were afraid of Swarm (though he was my personal favorite).
                            I think that the chicken wire left before the posts.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                              it’s more entertaining going to Bethlehem HS games.
                              You should go to CBA games instead. They have a hell of a PA guy.
                              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                                You should go to CBA games instead. They have a hell of a PA guy.
                                So I’ve heard but BCEagles has had the last 2 POY in Sect.2
                                Last edited by turk181; 03-21-2019, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X