Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Incoming freshman Simon Kjellberg is on the roster for the New York Rangers development camp. He was a 6th round pick of theirs in 2018. I will keep looking for other RPI players on rosters

Comment

Today is 24 June 2019. There are 103 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        Incoming freshman Simon Kjellberg is on the roster for the New York Rangers development camp. He was a 6th round pick of theirs in 2018. I will keep looking for other RPI players on rosters
        To streamline your search these are the teams ATT who have not announced a Roster; Boston, Buff., Fla., Ott., Carolina, NJ, NYI, Wash., Chicago, Colorado, Calgary, LA, & SJ. Reilly is of course in Pitts. Camp. Surprisingly, Prapps is not in CBJ Camp. Perhaps still recovering from season ending injury. No surprise but Perry is not in Detroits Camp.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          To streamline your search these are the teams ATT who have not announced a Roster; Boston, Buff., Fla., Ott., Carolina, NJ, NYI, Wash., Chicago, Colorado, Calgary, LA, & SJ. Reilly is of course in Pitts. Camp. Surprisingly, Prapps is not in CBJ Camp. Perhaps still recovering from season ending injury. No surprise but Perry is not in Detroits Camp.
          Colorado just released theirs. No one from RPI.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

You can also cross off SJ, LA,Carolina, Florida & Ottawa. Burgess is in Ottawa’s Camp though.

Comment

You can also cross off SJ, LA,Carolina, Florida & Ottawa. Burgess is in Ottawa’s Camp though.
              Cross off Washington as well.

Comment

So, which teams does that leave?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 25 June 2019. There are 102 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't understand some of this. I've seen so many average players with ~10 points last season in the NCAA on some of these rosters, and yet I haven't seen Leppanen, Zieky or even Hayhurst (even though he is transferring, it's worth noting). In addition, I've seen so many average NCAA goaltenders who barely even had .900 save %'s last season, and I haven't seen Owen Savory on any of these rosters. It's quite annoying and frustrating to me, and I don't understand how some of our players are getting passed over for some of these average players.

Comment

Cross off NYI, Colorado and Minnesota. This leaves Boston, Buffalo, NJ, Chicago, and Calgary

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                        I don't understand some of this. I've seen so many average players with ~10 points last season in the NCAA on some of these rosters, and yet I haven't seen Leppanen, Zieky or even Hayhurst (even though he is transferring, it's worth noting). In addition, I've seen so many average NCAA goaltenders who barely even had .900 save %'s last season, and I haven't seen Owen Savory on any of these rosters. It's quite annoying and frustrating to me, and I don't understand how some of our players are getting passed over for some of these average players.
                        Although it doesn't explain all surprising invites, some roster spots are cleary taken up by local players. Here's an example of a local (to TN) NAHL player invited to Nashville Predators camp, and I've seen other examples of teams inviting players in their own backyard:

https://twitter.com/ChippewaSteel/st...32168079167488

Comment

I don't understand why you're surprised that a 22 year old with 3 goals or a 21 year old with 4 goals aren't being invited to NHL camps. There are definitely some bad decisions out there (the Quinnipiac kid comes to mind) but there are many, many better resumes that didn't get a camp invite than those two.

The issue here isn't that those guys aren't being picked for these rosters, it's the 10 other random kids you saw who did get invites just for knowing somebody or being from somewhere.
                          Last edited by TheRevengeance; 06-25-2019, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                            I don't understand why you're surprised that a 22 year old with 3 goals or a 21 year old with 4 goals aren't being invited to NHL camps. There are definitely some bad decisions out there (the Quinnipiac kid comes to mind) but there are many, many better resumes that didn't get a camp invite than those two.

The issue here isn't that those guys aren't being picked for these rosters, it's the 10 other random kids you saw who did get invites just for knowing somebody or being from somewhere.
                            You’re not alone in your thinking......

Comment

You’re not alone in your thinking......
                              Do you think that Chris Clark had something to do with getting 5 CCT free agents invited to Columbus? https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/as...-file/file.pdf
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post

I was just giving examples of players from our team who haven't been invited. You do realize though that Hayhurst scored 12 goals the season prior? He also was averaging a point per game prior to his injury on one of the worst offensive teams in the country. Leppanen had 19 points in his freshman season on an offensively deficient team. They are by no means major snubs, but they are for sure better than many random players I have seen who have gotten invites.

On the otherhand, Savory is a major snub. He's the best returning goaltender in the ECAC and had one of the best save percentages in the country despite only being a freshman.

Comment

Working...
                                X