Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
    i’ll take “songs from ralph’s youth” the 1800’s for $1,000 alex.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    :d
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

I wonder who attends this.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Hockey Fan View Post
        Any idea when (if) Rensselaer travels to Western Michigan? WMU's tentative schedule had it as a late non-con series in mid February, but subsequent releases from other schools have proven that to be balderdash.
        I had heard from someone at RPI that WMU was on this year's tentative schedule. I assumed from the context of the conversation that it was a home series for RPI but I didn't probe for detail, so that might be wrong. It looks like both programs have an open date from league play on Feb 7/8.

Comment

If it's still happening, it's gonna be in Kalamazoo. We had it listed as a home series.

Comment

Today is 6 June 2019. There are 121 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If it's still happening, it's gonna be in Kalamazoo. We had it listed as a home series.
              Been awhile since we played Western... I remember at least two series in the 80's. At least once in the Christmas Tournament. I imagine we've played them since then...

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                Been awhile since we played Western... I remember at least two series in the 80's. At least once in the Christmas Tournament. I imagine we've played them since then...
                The what?

Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

You guys kicked our *** at Notre Dame's now-defunct Shillelagh Tournament back in '15. That was the dreadful year before our resurgence, where we averaged something like 5 goals against.

Also, I believe you're referring to the RPI Holiday Invitational.
                  Last edited by Bronco Hockey Fan; 06-06-2019, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                    The what?

A long, long time ago...

Comment

You guys kicked our *** at Notre Dame's now-defunct Shillelagh Tournament back in '15. That was the dreadful year before our resurgence, where we averaged something like 5 goals against.

Also, I believe you're referring to the RPI Holiday Invitational.
                      I believe you're right! My, it's been a long time, now, hasn't it?

Comment

The first time RPI ever played Western Michigan was in the opening game of the tournament at the Field House (known as the RPI Invitational during my student days, but it changed its name more than once during subsequent years) in December 1979.

Western Michigan won that game, thus claiming the distinction of being the first team ever to beat a Mike Addesa-coached team in RPI's own tournament.

Western Michigan won again in the first of a two-game series at Kalamazoo the following year. Starting with the second of those two games, the Engineers have won five straight against the Broncos, spread over a period of 39 years.

Comment

Today is 7 June 2019. There are 120 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

UConn posted their schedule in emoji form on twitter. From that it would appear we're playing them October 11-12 or October 18-19. I think it's much more likely to be 18-19 because then UConn would have 2 bye weeks in a row early on in the season, which no team would want in their schedule.

https://twitter.com/UConnMHOC/status...18881090842625
                            Last edited by sezenack; 06-07-2019, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                              UConn posted their schedule in emoji form on twitter. From that it would appear we're playing them October 12-13 or October 18-19. I think it's much more likely to be 18-19 because then UConn would have 2 bye weeks in a row early on in the season, which no team would want in their schedule.

https://twitter.com/UConnMHOC/status...18881090842625
                              I have been staring at that for about a half hour. Is it possible that the men's heads are the Dutchmen and we are the Wrenches, and Union and we are playing home one weekend against UConn and another team and then in Connecticut another weekend against the same two teams? (The order in NY and CT can be reversed.)
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I have been staring at that for about a half hour. Is it possible that the men's heads are the Dutchmen and we are the Wrenches, and Union and we are playing home one weekend against UConn and another team and then in Connecticut another weekend against the same two teams? (The order in NY and CT can be reversed.)
                                https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2019/6...-schedule.aspx

@UConn Saturday 10/12
                                UConn Friday 10/18
                                RPI Class of 2012
                                Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Working...
                                X