Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

AIC, 2-0, over St Cloud after 2...

(I know it's not especially pertinent to our thread but it's an unfolding story.)

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
      We talked about the band earlier upthread, here’s proof it could always be worse

https://deadspin.com/colgate-rented-...m_campaign=top
      Bemidji State rented a local band for its FF appearance in DC in ten years ago.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Bemidji State rented a local band for its FF appearance in DC in ten years ago.
        It is not unusual, especially in hockey (I've seen ESPN mention on-air when Michigan Tech's band filled in for a team that couldn't make it to Michigan for one recent NCAA regional or FF). The controversy here is how the Colgate administration handled it. Or maybe it was "THE Colgate University" for a game. The disguise wasn't the best, however . . .

Comment

FINAL: AIC 2, St. Cloud 1 I love this tournament.

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
          AIC, 2-0, over St Cloud after 2...

(I know it's not especially pertinent to our thread but it's an unfolding story.)

Comment

Today is 30 March 2019. There are 189 days (27 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 04-01-2019, 12:48 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
              I love this tournament.
              Not when we aren't there.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone know what FD08 did to cause his post in the schedules thread? I realize that his political views are not shared by most here, but that in itself shouldn't have caused Board's action, whatever it was.

His post https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...=1#post6788309
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Does anyone know what FD08 did to cause his post in the schedules thread? I realize that his political views are not shared by most here, but that in itself shouldn't have caused Board's action, whatever it was.

I too would like to know who has a problem with the dude. Why would best be illustrated by my post of 3/11/19. At that time, I kind of joined the dude in putting away some people who just plain needed being put in their place. As always, I would have preferred to do it in person but that is kind of hard when you don't know who is doing the chirping. None the less, I got absolutely zero comebacks from either any posters or the "board" in this forum. I certainly have not gotten any in person despite being quite visible at too many to mention Capital District sporting events at any point of any year.

Bluntly, if anyone has a problem with the dude and his opinions, they would most definitely have an even greater problem with me and mine. I don't know who the dude is but I would bet the ranch that when compared to my opinions the dude's opinions would actually appear to be AOC like.

If the dude has been tossed or censured, so should everyone else who was either going back and forth with him or, yes, joined him. Those actions should not be limited to only those who do not line up like sheep with the thinking of those who run or participate the heaviest in this vehicle.

Now cut the BS and get the dammed spreadsheet back on this forum!!!

Comment

Today is 31 March 2019. There are 199 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not when we aren't there.
                      One of the things that stands out in this year's tournament is how many of the "Titans" of college hockey didn't even make it this far. BU, with all their high draft picks are sitting at home with their star players jumping ship. Also the Davids of the hockey world are taking down the Goliaths every year. And U Mass, who looks absolutely phenomenal so far, was on the sport's trash heap not that long ago. The commenters and Coach Carvel all alluded to the fact the University, a public one at that, made a commitment to hockey that is, I would think no one would disagree, is paying off dividends big time and pretty quickly. I think it goes to show that if you put your money where your mouth is, great things can happen. The question now is: Does RPI want to be satisfied with being #50-60 in just about every measure of success? Or do they want the fans and the students standing in line for tickets eager to be a part of it and players staying committed, rather than looking for a better opportunity?

Comment

memories of 1985.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
                          One of the things that stands out in this year's tournament is how many of the "Titans" of college hockey didn't even make it this far. BU, with all their high draft picks are sitting at home with their star players jumping ship. Also the Davids of the hockey world are taking down the Goliaths every year. And U Mass, who looks absolutely phenomenal so far, was on the sport's trash heap not that long ago. The commenters and Coach Carvel all alluded to the fact the University, a public one at that, made a commitment to hockey that is, I would think no one would disagree, is paying off dividends big time and pretty quickly. I think it goes to show that if you put your money where your mouth is, great things can happen. The question now is: Does RPI want to be satisfied with being #50-60 in just about every measure of success? Or do they want the fans and the students standing in line for tickets eager to be a part of it and players staying committed, rather than looking for a better opportunity?
                          That is the problem. The RPI admin does not seem to care.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't know what the reason was for his posting what he did.

I do know that he entered a post in the NCAA tournament thread around 10 PM on Friday, while his post on the schedules thread was entered between 3 and 4 o'clock that afternoon. So it doesn't appear that the Board's action constituted banning him from posting on any and all USCHO forums.

Comment

Today is 1 April 2019. There are 187 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

All of the countdown posts have been fixed. At least I think that they are correct now.

I was off by a week since the first one.

That was not an April Fools joke.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X