Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Didn't SA mention at one point that he would have to make return trips? It might have only been to get upper echelon teams.
    That’s probably the case. Dartmouth still has a tourney even though they only have 7 non-league games. Last year they had Army, Brown and Providence in the field. The Friars might have gotten some sort of reciprocity commitment, but I doubt the other two got anything but a check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

An article in the Tuesday's TU about RPI protests https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...n-13754132.php
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I was an independent by choice. Never cared about joining a fraternity. But I'm quite sure nobody was allowed to join a fraternity during the first semester of freshman year when I was in school. I can't say I have much sympathy for those who may be upset that no one is allowed to join a fraternity during the first semester of freshman year nowadays.

And the Alumni Association had an election in March (I assume that means last month) and brought in a whole new leadership? Wonder when they were planning to tell us about that one?

Well, maybe it'll be a good thing. Maybe they'll resume sending out issues of Rensselaer magazine. Can't remember the last time I've seen one.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
          I was an independent by choice. Never cared about joining a fraternity. But I'm quite sure nobody was allowed to join a fraternity during the first semester of freshman year when I was in school. I can't say I have much sympathy for those who may be upset that no one is allowed to join a fraternity during the first semester of freshman year nowadays.

And the Alumni Association had an election in March (I assume that means last month) and brought in a whole new leadership? Wonder when they were planning to tell us about that one?

Well, maybe it'll be a good thing. Maybe they'll resume sending out issues of Rensselaer magazine. Can't remember the last time I've seen one.
          That is my recollection about fraternities also.

I think that I got an issue of the Rensselaer magazine a couple of weeks ago.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The Alumni Association thing was more because, at least sent to members of Renew Rensselaer, alumni had voted, as part of a special RAA meeting, to invalidate the elections. And then the RAA came back and said, "Too bad, we're keeping everyone in." The alumni are fighting back. I, for one, will support any student that also wishes to fight back against an oppressive administration that has bankrupted the 'tute.

EDIT: Here's what was sent: https://renewrensselaer.org/2019/04/...eeting-update/

As for the magazine, I got one earlier this week. Perhaps your address on file isn't up to date?
            Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 04-11-2019, 08:23 PM.

Comment

My address hasn't changed in 20 years. I guess if my copy doesn't arrive pretty soon, I'll have to contact the Alumni Association and remind them what my address is.

I'm a bit confused by the Renew Rensselaer communication. It seems to be saying they reset the quorum required to transact business to be a majority of all alumni - more than 50,000 people. I hope that isn't what they meant - that sounds like a recipe for ensuring that no business would ever be transacted again.

Comment

Today is 12 April 2019. There are 176 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

My address hasn't changed in 20 years. I guess if my copy doesn't arrive pretty soon, I'll have to contact the Alumni Association and remind them what my address is.

I'm a bit confused by the Renew Rensselaer communication. It seems to be saying they reset the quorum required to transact business to be a majority of all alumni - more than 50,000 people. I hope that isn't what they meant - that sounds like a recipe for ensuring that no business would ever be transacted again.
                  Sounds more like an akin to "You don't want to follow state law? We'll go by the letter of Robert's Rules of Order.", where the majority is the default.

Comment

Actually, TB was a member of RPI '87. He was a soph in 1985.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        The bee was the mascot before Puckman. One time while RPI was playing Lake Superior State in the RPI Holiday Tournament (which is something else you should suggest ), the LSSU Pelican mascot and RPI bee mascot switched heads and ran around the rink. Even the players on the ice got distracted and wanted to watch the show.
                        The Pelican mascot picked Jenny up during that Holiday Tournament and threatened to run off with her. I, of course, stood by and simply allowed. I think I offered him a few bucks to keep her. But the Bee interceded and forced him to bring her back. We were located in section 6 at the time. It was incredibly entertaining (and we won the game against LSSU 3-2). We all were staying at the Holiday Inn at the time and partied late into the evening with the LSSU parents who attended the game and the coaches of all the 3 other teams who were staying there. IIRC it was one of the few times the tournament was held in November instead of December. The tournaments during that era were a blast as you could OD on hockey with 4 games and have the chance to get to see teams that would never otherwise come into Troy.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                          The Pelican mascot picked Jenny up during that Holiday Tournament and threatened to run off with her. I, of course, stood by and simply allowed. I think I offered him a few bucks to keep her. But the Bee interceded and forced him to bring her back. We were located in section 6 at the time. It was incredibly entertaining (and we won the game against LSSU 3-2). We all were staying at the Holiday Inn at the time and partied late into the evening with the LSSU parents who attended the game and the coaches of all the 3 other teams who were staying there. IIRC it was one of the few times the tournament was held in November instead of December. The tournaments during that era were a blast as you could OD on hockey with 4 games and have the chance to get to see teams that would never otherwise come into Troy.
                          That was the first tourney I missed since I left RPI in 1974. It was impossible to get to Troy on Thanksgiving weekend. (Well, my mother wouldn't have liked it.) Although it was soon back to December, it was more than 10 years before I next attended an RPI game.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 13 April 2019. There are 175 days (15 weeks) until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Not sure if anyone saw this: https://www.troyrecord.com/news/elec...26e49235e.html

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                I didn't see the article but I knew it was happening. I still can't read it because I have read my limit of articles. (I suspect I could delete a cookie to get around that.)
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X