Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2019 Off-Season: Where Did Everyone Go?

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
    Incredibly, we've played UVM in 3 Freakouts, and they each ended in a 2-2 tie. What used to be a overwhelming chance for a signature ECAC win really went off the rails under Seth and hasn't improved (yet?) under Smith. Maybe playing a non-league opponent, especially one with a history against the Engineers, will give us a chance to re-establish the game as an annual event.
    Our first three games vs. OSU each ended in 5-5 ties. I won't mention what happened since then.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Our first three games vs. OSU each ended in 5-5 ties. I won't mention what happened since then.
      Ralph, Sometimes you know a little too much of our illustrious hockey history. I'm hoping we've seen the bottom and can anticipate better results in the future. Hope, whether or not it is supported by facts and trends, is all that keeps me coming back..........

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
        Incredibly, we've played UVM in 3 Freakouts, and they each ended in a 2-2 tie. What used to be a overwhelming chance for a signature ECAC win really went off the rails under Seth and hasn't improved (yet?) under Smith. Maybe playing a non-league opponent, especially one with a history against the Engineers, will give us a chance to re-establish the game as an annual event.
        I remember watching at the Alumni House in the mid-90’s where RPI was close to breaking that but Kelly Askew missed a wide open net from the near faceoff dot 😡. The more things change the more they stay the same.

ETA: I guess you can say the shot went askew
        Last edited by jericho; 05-15-2019, 05:04 PM.
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Today is 16 May 2019. There are 142 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

UMass Lowell released their schedule, and we are indeed going to their Thanksgiving tournament. We play Lowell on Friday and Merrimack on Saturday. Another dumb tournament format like the Catamount Cup all because the Hockey East teams don't want to potentially play each other. It's a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
              UMass Lowell released their schedule, and we are indeed going to their Thanksgiving tournament. We play Lowell on Friday and Merrimack on Saturday. Another dumb tournament format like the Catamount Cup all because the Hockey East teams don't want to potentially play each other. It's a bit ridiculous in my opinion.
              Actually I wish RPI and Union would do the same thing at the TU Center and get rid of the stupid Mayor’s Cup game.

Comment

• Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                Actually I wish RPI and Union would do the same thing at the TU Center and get rid of the stupid Mayor’s Cup game.
                Actually, a governor’s cup with one of RPI and Union and three other NY teams would be great. You could rotate it between Albany, Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo every year. That would be fantastic.
                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                  Actually, a governor’s cup with one of RPI and Union and three other NY teams would be great. You could rotate it between Albany, Syracuse, Rochester and Buffalo every year. That would be fantastic.
                  That sounds like a great idea. It would deepen the rivalries but it would also be something that could be sustainable as teams rotate through varying strength from year to year. I think that is a great idea. It would also be a good opportunity for some parents to head out and see some hockey and meet some other parents?
                  Last edited by islander98; 05-16-2019, 01:03 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Liveatjrl View Post
                    Check out the 2019-2020 schedules thread ... I think RPI is also in the ledyard classic. Not confirmed yet but per Dartmouth twitter it looks like it from the photos.

Update - I was told it's not SLU or RPI ... I'm confused now!

Verified account

@Dartmouth_MIH
                    22h22 hours ago
                    More
                    Thompson Arena will welcome St. Lawrence, UConn and Colorado College on Dec. 28-29 for the 31st Annual Ledyard Classic.
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by islander98 View Post
                      That sounds like a great idea. It would deepen the rivalries but it would also be something that could be sustainable as teams rotate through varying strength from year to year. I think that is a great idea. It would also be a good opportunity for some parents to head out and see some hockey and meet some other parents?
                      it was entertaining when RPI was good, but the first years they played, not so much...

https://www.augenblick.org/chha/t_glf_01.html
                      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                        There goes our chance to play Penn State for the first time.
                        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 05-16-2019, 03:30 PM.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I remember watching at the Alumni House in the mid-90’s where RPI was close to breaking that but Kelly Askew missed a wide open net from the near faceoff dot 😡. The more things change the more they stay the same.

ETA: I guess you can say the shot went askew
                          I guess you can!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            There goes our chance to play Penn State for the first time.
                            I wouldn't be Lion to say I was disappointed.

Comment

That would be fantastic! There would no shortage of good neutral site locations to host this event. Depending on the mix of four teams, you could also include Lake Placid, Glens Falls, and Utica. Binghamton might be a reach, though.

Imagine the chance for ECAC (Clarkson, Colgate, Cornell, RPI and Union) and Atlantic Hockey (Army, Canisius, Niagara, RIT) to mix it up... these matches don't happen that often!

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X