Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Confirmed games on the sked so far...

@ RPI February 1... and if I'm not mistaken it's their Big Red Freakout! game; if you have time to kill, here's the broadcast of UVM visiting RPI for Freakout! in 1994: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUDv53rCW6E
    Thanks for posting this. I remember watching this game as a young 12 (soon to be 13) year old at the Alumni House with dreams of becoming an RPI grad. This game was exciting to watch with a legendary goalie in future Bruin Tim Thomas. Alas, Kelly Askew missed a wide open net with approximately 2 minutes left and the game ended in a 2-2 tie. Hopefully the crowd will return to where it was in 1994 and the Field House (Houston, not Gutterson) will be rockin again.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Re: UVM Offseason 2019 - Search for a Soul

Construction of the new multipurpose center will begin NEXT WEEK!!!!
      Our seats are not available next year due to the construction. On the bench side they are temporarily relocating the walk way next to the glass. Was told there is no guarantee that I get them back in the new arena. UVM is making if very hard for me to justify spending a money on season tickets.

Comment

Jake Massie decided to leave after his junior year.

Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          Jake Massie decided to leave after his junior year.

Ya, just saw this on Twitter. Offseason wouldn't be complete without stuff like this!

Comment

Massie leaving really stings, I think he was our best all-around defender; he had decent mobility, size, and puck skills and most of our other blueliners lacked at least one of those IMO
            https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

So I'm basing this off nothing other than who's actually in the UVM directory right now, but a fairly small class of incomings....

D Andrew Lucas
              F William Lemay
              F Simon Boyko
              F Riley McCutcheon

Plus F Thomas Aldworth will be eligible next season after sitting out this year (transfer from Quinnipiac). If I were Sneddon I'd be lurking around the transfer portal for a blueliner w/ experience with Massie jumping early, but that's just me.

Seems to be a solid group - Lemay was the AJHL scoring champ this year and Boyko and Lucas were both give or take a point per game (and Lucas was as a blueliner). McCutcheon was just over a PPG in the OJHL as well. Let's see if the staff can actually do something with them, cause we needed scorers and these guys are proven at lower levels.

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

I'm less concerned about the defense this year. They are way ahead of where they were last year. I think a bigger concern is the lack of goal scorers on the roster. Completely unrelated I met Max Kaufman a couple days ago when I was renewing our tickets. Nice kid who is excited about the renovation and getting to play in the upgraded barn. Glad UVM is keeping the ice size the same.

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                  I'm less concerned about the defense this year. They are way ahead of where they were last year. I think a bigger concern is the lack of goal scorers on the roster. Completely unrelated I met Max Kaufman a couple days ago when I was renewing our tickets. Nice kid who is excited about the renovation and getting to play in the upgraded barn. Glad UVM is keeping the ice size the same.
                  Longtime reader - 1st time poster.....Plan to jump in from time to time....I also met Max recently while renewing tickets. Yes - I agree nice engaging person. He was enthusiastic about next year. Felt good about incoming freshman and said team was working hard to be ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Catfantoo View Post
                    Longtime reader - 1st time poster.....Plan to jump in from time to time....I also met Max recently while renewing tickets. Yes - I agree nice engaging person. He was enthusiastic about next year. Felt good about incoming freshman and said team was working hard to be ready.
                    Happy first post! Any word on the catamount cup teams and schedule/OOC opponents?

Here's what I've got so far for OOC:

@CLARKSON
                    CATAMOUNT CUP
                    CATAMOUNT CUP
                    DARTMOUTH
                    YALE
                    RPI
                    @ARIZONA STATE
                    @ARIZONA STATE
                    @ST. LAWRENCE???
                    @ST. LAWRENCE???

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                      The recruits coming in (based on the directory) were all good scorers in junior. Whether or not that'll translate is another story...

Comment

Massie leaving really stings, I think he was our best all-around defender; he had decent mobility, size, and puck skills and most of our other blueliners lacked at least one of those IMO
                        So how many D has Sneddon turned over before graduation or other reasons since he has been here...its incredible. Recruits know his reputation for turnover.

Comment

The recruits coming in (based on the directory) were all good scorers in junior. Whether or not that'll translate is another story...
                          What is your email? I would like to send you something.

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
                            What is your email? I would like to send you something.
                            should be a 'send email' thing on my profile

Comment

It won’t...translate. Sick of seeing good recruits ruined. Fire Sneddon.

Comment

No recruit drafted no shock at all there!! I am not a count the draft picks guy because you can find the right guys to win in college hockey who are not drafted but Merrimack might have more than UVM does right now! Lekkas well deserve camp roster invite by Florida Panthers and Misley goin to Wild as draft choice but NO other Cats that I see on NHL.com! Speaks VOLUME about how pro scouts and NHL hockey people see the so called talent here at UVM not only are recruits ruined but no advisor will send a kid to Sneddon! Guy can't even make them good enough to land on a camp roster as a non draftee for a look to help their pro careers that much more reflect on Sneddon than not getting draft picks because it shows what those who see truth know the man cannot develop talent and the people paid the big bucks in the NHL see it - say what you will you neeed to show you develop players for next level whether draft pick or not because that is what these men come to school first and foremost ! nice education is a factor but we are fooling ourself to believe that they do not consider if the coaches and team they play for can make them a pro!

ps the two young men who decided to not come after WAlly world was given the boot one got drafted and the other is going to a camp!

Comment

Working...
                                X