Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UVM Offseason 2019 - Search for a Soul

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
    rumor cats got grad transfer anyone know?
    have no info on this still but was told the Qpac transfer isnt playing and not on the team also the Frenchete kid is gone

Comment

have no info on this still but was told the Qpac transfer isnt playing and not on the team also the Frenchete kid is gone
      I have low expectations for this season. My hope is that if they're gonna be bad, they can be REALLY BAD, so as to finally rid the program of Sneddon.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
        I have low expectations for this season. My hope is that if they're gonna be bad, they can be REALLY BAD, so as to finally rid the program of Sneddon.
        As much as I'd like to I wouldn't be buying #FireSneddon stock. Keep hearing the "we're going give him a chance to see what he can do with the new Gut" talk and I can't say I'm surprised by that given that any reasonable AD would have fired him 2-3 years ago based on results.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
          As much as I'd like to I wouldn't be buying #FireSneddon stock. Keep hearing the "we're going give him a chance to see what he can do with the new Gut" talk and I can't say I'm surprised by that given that any reasonable AD would have fired him 2-3 years ago based on results.
          Could be, but hopefully it'll be different this time. One possible indicator: at least they didn't extend him over the summer "because Schulman doesn't like having a coach's status up in the air during the final year of a contract" or whatever the heck it was they said last time.

Comment

rumor cats got grad transfer anyone know?
            grad transfer confirmed as Thomas Beretta from Michigan Tech. They released the newcomers officially today.
            https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Newcomers:

F Thomas Beretta (grad transfer from Michigan Tech)
              F Riley McCutcheon
              F Simon Boyko
              F William Lemay
              F Jacques Bouquot
              D Andrew Lucas

per the roster on the site, Thomas Aldworth, who'd sat out last season after transfering in from Quinnipiac, won't be on the team. Martin Frechette won't either.

maybe it's just because i'm alumna now and am trying to just get a job away from my parents' (rural northeast pennsylvania is awful and unpleasant), but i'm really not excited for this season.
              Last edited by TovarishchLisa; 08-19-2019, 11:52 PM.
              https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
              https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
              NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
              Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                Newcomers:

F Riley McCutcheon
                F Simon Boyko
                F William Lemay
                F Jacques Bouquot
                D Andrew Lucas

per the roster on the site, Thomas Aldworth, who'd sat out last season after transfering in from Quinnipiac, won't be on the team. Martin Frechette won't either.

maybe it's just because i'm alumna now and am trying to just get a job away from my parents' (rural northeast pennsylvania is awful and unpleasant), but i'm really not excited for this season.
                Aldworth was a real player, an offensive threat. Why is he not playing? He could've really helped.

Comment

Originally posted by HHound View Post
                  Aldworth was a real player, an offensive threat. Why is he not playing? He could've really helped.
                  I'd be really interested in knowing that too. Wonder if it was for legitimate personal reasons, or if he had seen enough of UVM hockey to know it wasn't for him? Don't know, but wouldn't be surprised if it were the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                    I'd be really interested in knowing that too. Wonder if it was for legitimate personal reasons, or if he had seen enough of UVM hockey to know it wasn't for him? Don't know, but wouldn't be surprised if it were the latter.
                    I have no horse in this race, but a quick google search brought up the following:

https://www.reddit.com/r/collegehock...t_formerly_of/

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                      Newcomers:

F Riley McCutcheon
                      F Simon Boyko
                      F William Lemay
                      F Jacques Bouquot
                      D Andrew Lucas

wonder if the powers at the Gut saw people were looking for answers! Beretta does not seem special average at best numbers the rest on paper would seem solid more size which needed instead of the 5-8 not athletic limited players but it is very hard to put faith into how these men will turn out ... will need to do much better than bottom 5 in nation in goal score and Massie big loss on d with questions on rest. Lekkas is going to need 40 or more save nights to keep them in games again

If we read reports from the comment by the FLorida hockey mom must be Qpac transfer did not like class! Frenchete probably not good enough wonder if he joins Wallyworld at his new hockey school

Sneddon does not have sisters of the poor scheduled this year so we must now remember that the line of the season is going to be that he made a difficult schedule to challenge the boys to be ready late in the season as the losses pile up! the man knows how to be a spin doctor like the cable news do not see to many wins i will say the betting man would put the over-under at 12 wins total this year and 6 wins in Hockey East and a 3 year extension that was secretly agreed on last week at vermont National that will not be public news until February!

Comment

and a 3 year extension that was secretly agreed on last week at vermont National that will not be public news until February!
                        Haha, good lord, I'd forgotten that's how it went down last time.

Comment

Beretta has a heckuva shot, play him with a playmaker and watch the red light go on.....................................

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                            Beretta has a heckuva shot, play him with a playmaker and watch the red light go on.....................................
                            guess you havent seen a lot of uvm hockey! not a lot of playmakers! if this were true explain why he doesnt have good numbers better players ahead? doesnt seem like Tech is too upset he's gone call me a skeptical person but hard to be positive that any player makes impact that turns uvm into a winner or even a team that stay out of Hockey East basement

Comment

Working...
                            X