This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 200 - End of Season

Not really, for the older stuff. The set I thought I had was from 1966. Mantle, Aaron, Rose, Koufax's last card, Mays, almost all the big names from the baseball card era were in that one, with the exceptions of Ted Williams and Stan Musial, who retired a couple years before. Willie Mays was Card #1 in that set. There's always a premium to the first card in a set from that era, and Willie Mays being that card takes the value to another level. I have a 1958 Ted Williams that is the first card of the '58 set. Mint condition, that card would sell for north of $20K.

The sets I'm going to try to put together are from 1978 to about 1993 or so. I already have a sizable chunk of 86-93, and I think I'm already done with 1988, 1990 and 1992. I'm focusing on 1978-1981 at the moment, which I think makes sense from a cost standpoint. I'm not sure where I'm going to go from there. I have the feeling that 1981 is going to be a pain. That was the one I missed on earlier today.

The current stuff, a set can be had for ~$30. The cutoff for where it really starts to get crazy appears to be 1975 (Brett and Yount rookies in that set).
    Last edited by Hammer; 03-10-2019, 10:53 PM.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

A mint 58? Well duh. Just saying that 20~ years ago, those prices would be even higher. That's all.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        A mint 58? Well duh. Just saying that 20~ years ago, those prices would be even higher. That's all.
        1958. I was 10 years old.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning Lodge.

This weekend I learned that boiling water + skin = bad. I knew it wouldn't be a good idea, but I didn't realize just how much damage a splash of water could do. I have some nice burn marks on my foot. Splashed some water on myself while cooking pasta. If pregnancy brain/lack of coordination is a thing, I'm definitely feeling it.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                Splashed some water on myself while cooking pasta.
                Barefoot and in the kitchen?
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                  Barefoot and in the kitchen?
                  lol. Nah, I was wearing socks. Tile floor is too cold this time of year.

That reminds me of one of my favorite sexist jokes: Why can't women drive?
                  You don't need a car to get between the bedroom and the kitchen
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

Afternoon, Lodge. Day off today, and I don't think I'll regret it at all. Guessing a ton of ice melt will be shipping out today, and I will not miss hand-loading all those boxes. Starting to sorta plan out a 2nd vacation for the end of June, a road trip of sorts. Thinking of heading up to Fargo-Moorhead for a day or two, then cut over to Duluth for another day or two. I have a week to fart around with, so...

Also drawing up a design for some new ink. It's been too long. Might stop by the studio today to set up a consult. It's going to be a devil's pitchfork with a halo hanging off one of the tines, full color (not black and white). It'll be on my upper right arm, between the other two tatts I currently have on that arm.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Afternoon, y’all.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

My rotator cuff is really messed up. I blew one of the muscles out >30 yrs ago. Wear and tear is killing something else in there. Not a happy camper. Trying to get into the ortho. Been trying since 10AM to get an appt. Cannot get thru.

Comment

Did I mention that shifting the car is a really bad thing? Shifting with the left hand is awkward

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Did I mention that shifting the car is a really bad thing? Shifting with the left hand is awkward
                            I can only imagine. The first time I had my left labrum operated on, I was driving a manual transmission. That was hard enough. Had it been my right labrum, I think I would have crashed during my seven weeks in the sling.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Good Afternoon Lodge!

My rotator cuff is really messed up. I blew one of the muscles out >30 yrs ago. Wear and tear is killing something else in there. Not a happy camper. Trying to get into the ortho. Been trying since 10AM to get an appt. Cannot get thru.
                              Yikes! Did you do something to re-aggravate or injure it or did it just start hurting again? Hope you can get an appointment soon. Did you have surgery way back when? Think that's an option now?

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                lol. Nah, I was wearing socks. Tile floor is too cold this time of year.

That reminds me of one of my favorite sexist jokes: Why can't women drive?
                                You don't need a car to get between the bedroom and the kitchen
                                I might as well ask: what is the punch line to the joke? (I assume it isn't just referring to the women in Saudi Arabia.)
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X