X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 200 - End of Season

Good morning, all!

Mookie: Don't spray paint any park benches over there, and have a safe flight home!
    Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

• Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
      Good morning, all!

Mookie: Don't spray paint any park benches over there, and have a safe flight home!
      Didn’t bring gum
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning Lodge.

The weather gods are against my concert band this season. We had 2 rehearsals cancelled for snow days. Last night was our last rehearsal before our concert on Sunday, and we spent 40 minutes of it in the hallway at the school due to a tornado warning. At first we were going to rehearse through it (the band room has windows, had the sky turned green we would have sought shelter) but then a rep from the school made us shelter in the hallway.
        We also lost a rehearsal when it was decided to move the concert up a week. So, last night after the tornado warning lifted we had just enough time to run the concert repertoire, but not work on any areas that need attention.

Should make for an interesting concert.

After rehearsal many of us went to Cottage Inn (as is tradition) and were then serenaded by the Michigan Men's Glee Club (they tend to be at Cottage Inn the same night as us every season).
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
        2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I received $7.5M from Mr.Micheal Godswill. The total is now $198,479,653.34.
          I received an unknown amount from James Omaba. Using the average to date, the total is now $206,926,893.67.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I received an unknown amount from James Omaba.
            Oh, the places we could go with this one.
            Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              Oh, the places we could go with this one.
              Omaha?
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Afternoon, Lodge!

Stupid collating job is going to kill my shoulder. On the plus side, it is Friday and I have 2 days to rest it.
                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Got my taxes did. $1900 back from the feds, few hundred back from CO.

Think I'll splurge on the new Galaxy S10+. I dropped my S8+ and it's acting wonky now, and it's had an issue with the charger coming loose in the USB-C port and not charging.
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

I fully expected you to say that you're getting a pinball machine for the collection. Or ordering Japanese noodle dishes. From Japan.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      I fully expected you to say that you're getting a pinball machine for the collection.
                      Not at Stern prices.

(Kinda gotten out of that, actually - prices are going bananas and Denver has places to play coming out of its ears.)
                      Last edited by Twitch Boy; 03-15-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Went to the Boston Flower Show today. It used to be run by the Mass Horticulture Society and was awesome. It was taken over by a profit company. almost all vendors. Almost no flowers. What a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          Not at Stern prices.

(Kinda gotten out of that, actually - prices are going bananas and Denver has places to play coming out of its ears.)
                          Funny. You're getting out of your hobby, and I'm diving into mine. Bought another card, this time from 1933. A Hall of Famer, no less. I've wanted a card out of this set for a long time. I'm just about at the point where I've got something out of every significant set issued. Ever. There's some obscure stuff out there that I don't have, but for the most part, I'm not interested.

Other than that, I'm going to end up putting together every Topps set from 1976-1993. Anything prior to 1976 gets pricey in a hurry, and almost anything after 1992 is junk. The only reason I'm going to put 1993 together is because I've already got a sizable chunk of it. And yes, I located that one before I talked about it, unlike the 1966 partial set I thought I had.
                          Last edited by Hammer; 03-15-2019, 05:43 PM.
                          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            Funny. You're getting out of your hobby, and I'm diving into mine. Bought another card, this time from 1933. A Hall of Famer, no less. I've wanted a card out of this set for a long time. I'm just about at the point where I've got something out of every significant set issued. Ever. There's some obscure stuff out there that I don't have, but for the most part, I'm not interested.

Other than that, I'm going to end up putting together every Topps set from 1976-1993. Anything prior to 1976 gets pricey in a hurry, and almost anything after 1992 is junk. The only reason I'm going to put 1993 together is because I've already got a sizable chunk of it. And yes, I located that one before I talked about it, unlike the 1966 partial set I thought I had.
                            Well, I wouldn't say getting OUT of it...

I'm focusing more on playing competitively now. As I mentioned, there are buttloads of barcades, breweries, etc. around Denver that have well-maintained pins, and most of them do leagues and monthly tournaments.

Comment

Between Twitch and Hammer I feel less bad for wanting to purchase a Sword of Fire and Ice and 4 copies of Noble Hierarch.

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Between Twitch and Hammer I feel less bad for wanting to purchase a Sword of Fire and Ice and 4 copies of Noble Hierarch.

Go for it. We've already got geek juice everywhere here.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X