X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 200 - End of Season

Good Evening Lodge!

We used to have a time clock. I was salaried. First they wanted me to use it. Then, when they saw how much time I spent there, they decided I 'didn't need to anymore'. Huh. I kept punching in and out. Then I got to say how much extra time I was spending because they weren't giving me the support staff I needed.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
      Quinnipiac Bobcats
      2023 National Champions
      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
      Northeast Regional:
      West Regional: 2015, 2021
      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s'upp y'all
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Back from bike riding. It poured for about a half hour. Sopped here https://www.google.com/maps/@38.8646...thumbfov%3D100.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good afternoon Lodge! It is back to cool and raining. Good for the stuff I just transplanted into the various gardens

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Good Evening Lodge!

We used to have a time clock. I was salaried. First they wanted me to use it. Then, when they saw how much time I spent there, they decided I 'didn't need to anymore'. Huh. I kept punching in and out. Then I got to say how much extra time I was spending because they weren't giving me the support staff I needed.
              A company in California was sued, successfully, for abusing salaried employees. They won because the company's salaried employees said that they were working far too many hours, and calculating out their pay vs. the forty-hour workweek, and then OT pay-rates for waged employees. They proved that their pay came out to less than the federal minimum for how compensation could take place, amongst some other things.

My employer is CA-based, and as a result of that case brought in state courts, changed a lot of employees from salaried to waged. As a result, it's rare that I hit more than 42 hrs/week, and I was turned into an hourly-waged employee. Prior to that, my position was salaried.

I'm willing to bet that a number of states have laws similar to CA, and thus the change.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Given the type of work that I do, I sometimes work weekends and evenings. I get comp time for it. A few years back, when I would work a Saturday and A Sunday, I would get a day for each. then it was decreed that you only get a half day for each weekend day you work.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Given the type of work that I do, I sometimes work weekends and evenings. I get comp time for it. A few years back, when I would work a Saturday and A Sunday, I would get a day for each. then it was decreed that you only get a half day for each weekend day you work.
                  All the nopes. If they aren't comping you they are giving you a salary cut. mr les has this. He works ridiculous hours and only has so much time he can be away so can't take all the comp time he is owed. Also can't carry past a certain amt of vacation but there is no way he can take all the comp and vaca time. I have my opinions on this. They haven't mattered much.....

Comment

I'm salaried, and since we're sort of a small company (a hospital in Boston that recently merged with the non-Partners hospitals in Boston) they basically let us work as little or as much as necessary. Many weeks that's 32-35 hours. Other weeks it's 55-60. I'd bet I've averaged over 40 hours, but whatever. When I need to leave early I just do. When I need to stay late I just do.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      All the nopes. If they aren't comping you they are giving you a salary cut. mr les has this. He works ridiculous hours and only has so much time he can be away so can't take all the comp time he is owed. Also can't carry past a certain amt of vacation but there is no way he can take all the comp and vaca time. I have my opinions on this. They haven't mattered much.....
                      I agree. It's annoying. Thankfully I haven't had much of that lately. I've also tried to figure out what I get when I work a holiday - back in the day when we sponsored the July 4th event on the Esplanade, I worked almost 18 hours each on the 3rd and 4th. When it fell over a weekend...try figuring that out. My boss was pretty good about comp days, though. Also, sometimes I had to take a red eye home and would sleep during the day. That was not vacation time either.

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Got my arse kicked more than expected at work. We got creative in loading the shuttle truck, to avoid an extra run. All worked out ok.

Weather is either beautiful or crappy. No in-between. Watching it carefully for this weekend's block party. There will be tents and such, but it's so much more fun if it's nice out.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning, Lodge!

Constantinople (not Istanbul) fell on this date in 1453.
                              Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Working...
                                X