X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 200 - End of Season

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    That's awesome. Hubby gets 4 weeks at 60% pay. I'm trying to convince him that he should be considered primary caregiver...which would get him 10 weeks at 60% pay. I haven't been at the new job long enough, so I'll get 6-8 weeks of short term disability as the only thing I qualify for (no FMLA for me).

The company that bought us out offers 2 weeks of fully paid parental leave, but we don't go on those benefits until July 1 (and I still wouldn't qualify, having not been an employee for 12 months).
    That’s ****ing terrible.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

My goodness.....I am reminded every day how fortunate I am to work where I do - even if we hired dx.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

My employer pays 100% of base pay for either four or sixteen weeks, depending upon whether the employee is the primary caregiver.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          My employer pays 100% of base pay for either four or sixteen weeks, depending upon whether the employee is the primary caregiver.
          I don't think my employer differentiates. It's differentiated on the HR site by the birth mother and type of delivery for STD. STD is paid based on your service time. The longer you've been here, the more weeks you get at 100%, otherwise you get 60%. For fathers and adoptive parents, we get 4 weeks at 100% and 6 weeks at 50%. Plus 10 weeks unpaid if we so choose. (Edit: This also applies to the mother as well. So I think she would get STD and paternal leave. 6+4 for normal birth @ 100% or 8+4 weeks for c section, plus 6 weeks at 50%. I think...)

Not quite perfect, but it's better than a stick in the eye.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            I don't think my employer differentiates. It's differentiated on the HR site by the birth mother and type of delivery for STD. STD is paid based on your service time. The longer you've been here, the more weeks you get at 100%, otherwise you get 60%. For fathers and adoptive parents, we get 4 weeks at 100% and 6 weeks at 50%. Plus 10 weeks unpaid if we so choose. (Edit: This also applies to the mother as well. So I think she would get STD and paternal leave. 6+4 for normal birth @ 100% or 8+4 weeks for c section, plus 6 weeks at 50%. I think...)

Is it worth it if your wife has to get a Sexually Transmitted Disease?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Yeah, I had to reread a few post on this thread before it clicked. FIgured no one commented on that so I went with it.
              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

A few years ago my employer eliminated the distinction between adoption and birth of children. The caveats for adoption, however, are that the child must be <18, and not your spouse's child (ETA: That is to say, you're not adopting your step-child).
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I told my manager I was taking 12 weeks, fully paid, paternity leave. Had already discussed it with HR, and my HR rep determined that I qualified for 12 weeks primary caregiver leave. My supervisor's exact respose was "That is great! Definitely take 12 weeks, you won't regret it. I wish I had that benefit when my daughters were born." I'm pretty lucky that I work for a company that is so good to their employees. So, I'm on paid leave until July 2nd, taking care of the baby.
                  That is awesome!
                  Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  Ha! I thought that too

I had to use up all my Vacation and sick time. Even after being there 9 yrs I was only able to accrue something like 4 weeks and that was if I wanted to have nothing in reserve for when the baby got sick. Cool to see so many people on here have good benies *wT excluded. There is something really, really wrong with not having the ability to take time off after a birth.*

*I should stop going to medical conferences. I go, they say what is the best medical practice or the best way to have a good outcome, cite studies from different countries and then say- oops- too bad for us. You can't do that in this country. Here are some possible work arounds. 2 in the last 2 weeks both included things about mother infant pairs. Makes me depressed and cynical.

Comment

STD still makes me laugh...what person thought that acronym up? Change the terminology!
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      STD still makes me laugh...what person thought that acronym up? Change the terminology!
                      I once received an e-mail at work asking me to fill out a FAP document. The entire office wondered why I was tittering for 10 minutes.
                      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                        Quinnipiac Bobcats
                        2023 National Champions
                        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                        Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s'upp y'all

no STD here (inshalla)
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            s'upp y'all

no STD here (inshalla)
                            Yet....

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

So, had a quick meeting with our department's Talent Advisor. Wanted to get her thoughts on what my manager said to me, and what the company policy is. She said my manager had talked to her about my upcoming surgery and wanted my manager to make sure I understood it's actually up to the discretion of the Short Term Disability case manager to determine how long I'm out. It's not up to my doctor. I told her I absolutely understood that, I was concerned that my doctor and the case manager could come to an agreement and that she could override it. The Talent Advisor said she absolutely cannot do that. If both my doctor and the case manager agree to 4 weeks of disability leave, she can't do anything about that. And I told her that's what my anxiety was about.

Comment

Forgot to yawn again.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X