Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:50: Crooked Hillary Clinton. The Real Collusion!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:50: Crooked Hillary Clinton. The Real Collusion!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    What’s fair?
    I guess if you compare it with what other people who have committed similar crimes were given, it apparently seems unfair, although honestly I have no idea what people normally receive for a conviction or guilty plea for crimes like these.

For a number of years, though, I have wondered this. Are were really doing ourselves a service as a society by incarcerating people into oblivion? My personal opinion is that we are way, way to aggressive in our incarceration of people in this country. In my opinion we need to lock up the murderers and rapists and people who prey on children, and do so aggressively. But the bs incarceration system we have for drug crimes and property crimes, etc..., really bothers me. It's like we think we can incarcerate our way to a perfect society. It ain't going to happen.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Because remember, Democrats hate excellence. And America.

Oh, and Jews.
      Except when the Jews are the ones bankrolling their party.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Except when the Jews are the ones bankrolling their party.
        Right. I haven't quite figured out how they're going to square that circle, yet. I guess George Soros hates Jews, too.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The great thing about 20 is the complete removal of hope. This POS needed a complete pride enema. Instead he'll figure out a way to profit from his crimes by being a Right Wing Martyr. I'll guarantee he walks out of prison; he won't be carried out.
          And if Red Don doesn't pardon him, I guarantee he serves maybe 18 months, max.

Comment

And if Red Don doesn't pardon him, I guarantee he serves maybe 18 months, max.
            Can't pardon him for the state felonies. Can't pardon himself for those when it comes to it, either.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Can't pardon him for the state felonies. Can't pardon himself for those when it comes to it, either.
              There is a lawsuit filed somewhere, pretty sure Orrin Hatch was involved, to try and change it so he can pardon away State Crimes. Not sure where that ended up but it was out there.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Right. I haven't quite figured out how they're going to square that circle, yet. I guess George Soros hates Jews, too.
                He did work for the Nazis, ratting out other Jews.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  There is a lawsuit filed somewhere, pretty sure Orrin Hatch was involved, to try and change it so he can pardon away State Crimes. Not sure where that ended up but it was out there.
                  Yeah I think the court is considering that brief that Orrin filed

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    "Sending a message" would be to take every asset and break him on the wheel.

The message here is you can thrive in a life of financial crime for 25 years and if EVERYTHING goes wrong plus you get caught up in an investigation of the biggest, most incompetent crook in history, you may have to spend your hospital bed years in Martha Stewart Resort Prison.
                    Yeah...not so sure about this. If you told me I could live the high life for 25 years in exchange for spending 7 1/2 years in a federal pen and have all assets seized and becoming a national pariah I'm not sure I make that deal. Manafort is paying real penalties and doing real time. Whether its enough time is up for debate, but its hardly a slap on the wrist (and there's apparently more to come).

EDIT: I think the suit that Orifice Hatch is part of would apply to something like if the feds got you for cheating on our taxes, the state coming after you for the same thing would be double jeopardy. So, a pardon on the federal charges inoculates you from similar state charges. Not sure if that helps Manafort or not as he went down on some unrelated charges (failure to register as a foreign agent for example).
                    Last edited by Rover; 03-13-2019, 03:58 PM.
                    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      I guess if you compare it with what other people who have committed similar crimes were given, it apparently seems unfair, although honestly I have no idea what people normally receive for a conviction or guilty plea for crimes like these.

For a number of years, though, I have wondered this. Are were really doing ourselves a service as a society by incarcerating people into oblivion? My personal opinion is that we are way, way to aggressive in our incarceration of people in this country. In my opinion we need to lock up the murderers and rapists and people who prey on children, and do so aggressively. But the bs incarceration system we have for drug crimes and property crimes, etc..., really bothers me. It's like we think we can incarcerate our way to a perfect society. It ain't going to happen.
                      Depends on the crime and situation.

For drug crime and many theft ones- sometimes the crime is done for a means of survival- and what you say is pretty true- longer penalties have not reduced the crime, and have just filled up prisons.

On the other hand, I've seen the direct action of just a threat of white collar crime being sent to prison- and when the threat is real, you will see some major corporate changes being made. As far as I'm concerned, execs at VW should have spent time in jail- that would prevent cheating by anyone, as the risk is way more serious than the reward. Same for the BS that happened in '08. And same now- if Manafort spends a lot of time in prison, and has no means to profit on his crime, then it's likely not to happen again. This goes back to Watergate- we all think it's so very serious, but when you look back, everyone that did time profited over it later on. Iran-Contra- same exact thing- jail time has meant Fox News opportunity more than preventing anyone from doing it. So for the kind of crimes these guys are doing, real time in real jail plus a follow up of no book deal means a lot, and will make a LOT more people think twice about it.

Comment

Only trick is that the 7 1/2 years will be quite cush. And when Manafort does get out, I suspect his life will be just fine. For a convict, he'll have alot of generous friends.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          Do you think the world would look much different if Hillary won? I think with most of our big problems foreign policy wise he hasn’t made much difference either way.
                          Dope.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

He did work for the Nazis, ratting out other Jews.
                            (Slaps forehead) That's right, I'd forgotten that!
                            Cornell University

Comment

**NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                The Utah lawmaker Orrin Hatch, who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee, filed a 44-page amicus brief earlier this month in Gamble v. United States, a case that will consider whether the dual-sovereignty doctrine should be put to rest. The 150-year-old exception to the Fifth Amendment’s double-jeopardy clause allows state and federal courts to prosecute the same person for the same criminal offense. According to the brief he filed on September 11, Hatch believes the doctrine should be overturned. “The extensive federalization of criminal law has rendered ineffective the federalist underpinnings of the dual sovereignty doctrine,” his brief reads. “And its persistence impairs full realization of the Double Jeopardy Clause’s liberty protections.”
                                https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-court/571285/
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X