Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Re: Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Don't dump all your ire on Kep, he wasn't the only poster who reported Frauddy over the years. You can whimper about "freedom of expression!" all you want, but Flag devolved into a pure troll account (at least on this side of the boards), and got what he deserved after many, many passes here. A majority of message boards on the Internet would've axed him years ago, regardless of his contributions on the D1 side.
    I had been reporting him as a troll once in a while. Ignore is of no use because people kept quoting him, or even responding to him. FTR, I don't ignore anyone because of this.

And freedom of expression is meaningless on a forum where you agree to their rules, which includes not trolling.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    I had been reporting him as a troll once in a while. Ignore is of no use because people kept quoting him, or even responding to him. FTR, I don't ignore anyone because of this.

And freedom of expression is meaningless on a forum where you agree to their rules, which includes not trolling.
    Freedom of expression is meaningless when you ban trolling

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Again, this is a board with rules set, and by joining, you VOLUNTEER to abide by said rules. As the owner of Gopher Puck Live has said many times, if you don't like it, get your own board."

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

There comes a point where freedom of expression, while guaranteed in this country, crosses the line on privately-held communication mediums. As far as we know, no one is stopping the Flagster from continuing to post his drivel on Twitter, 4chan, Reddit, etc.

It's obvious we won't agree on this, so let's just move on to my next point. I really have to question you holding Kep's supposed intelligence in such high regard.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Lucia Apologist

I like Kep. I have a world of respect for his intelligence. But it was a BS move to go after a poster who offended his feelies, and one who many claim to have on ignore. I have no time for people who try to restrict freedom of expression.
    Won’t somebody PLEASE think of the bigots!?!!?

Both sides!!

I had him on ignore and rolled by those that quoted him often enough.

That said I saw enough of his vile tripe ro understand he violated forum rules and participation here is not protected.

Besides, I'm pretty sure he's just off in the forests of Albania biding his time until he can come back.

The freedom of expression thing honestly doesn't hold much water. If someone is intentionally being a bag of richards on a regular basis, I see no reason why others should have to bother with ignoring that person. He expressed himself freely, and he is now free to accept the consequences of his choices, which consequences, I might join Rube in reminding, he agreed to be bound by.

I’m not questioning the authority of the Board to bounce him. As noted, your forum, your rules, your call. I just called out Kep for crying to the Board about him and lobbying to get him bounced.

I’m not questioning the authority of the Board to bounce him. As noted, your forum, your rules, your call. I just called out Kep for crying to the Board about him and lobbying to get him bounced.
    Your objection has been noted and logged.

This comes down to you, after careful assessment, concluding that other people's pain isn't a big deal to you. I concluded otherwise. I submitted my opinion to Board and suggested others do likewise. All very democratic. Board didn't have to go my way; I had the odds at about 50/50.

You lost a hearing. If you had made a better argument on behalf of bigotry perhaps you would have won it. There are arguments to be made; I've made them myself and I balanced them when considering my opinion -- try here for a start.

What should ye do then, should ye suppress all this flowery crop of knowledge and new light sprung up and yet springing daily in this city? Should ye set an oligarchy of twenty engrossers over it, to bring a famine upon our minds again, when we shall know nothing but what is measured to us by their bushel? Believe it, lords and commons! they who counsel ye to such a suppressing, do as good as bid ye suppress yourselves; and I will soon show how. If it be desired to know the immediate cause of all this free writing and free speaking, there cannot be assigned a truer than your own mild, and free, and humane government; it is the liberty, lords and commons, which your own valorous and happy counsels have purchased us; liberty which is the nurse of all great wits: this is that which hath rarified and enlightened our spirits like the influence of heaven; this is that which hath enfranchised, enlarged, and lifted up our apprehensions degrees above themselves. Ye cannot make us now less capable, less knowing, less eagerly pursuing of the truth, unless ye first make yourselves, that made us so, less the lovers, less the founders of our true liberty. We can grow ignorant again, brutish, formal, and slavish, as ye found us; but you then must first become that which ye cannot be, oppressive, arbitrary, and tyrannous, as they were from whom ye have freed us. That our hearts are now more capacious, our thoughts more erected to the search and expectation of greatest and exactest things, is the issue of your own virtue propagated in us; ye cannot suppress that, unless ye reinforce an abrogated and merciless law, that fathers may dispatch at will their own children. And who shall then stick closest to ye and excite others? Not he who takes up arms for coat and conduct, and his four nobles of Danegelt. Although I dispraise not the defence of just immunities, yet love my peace better, if that were all. Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties.
    tl; dr: Make better arguments or stop whining.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-11-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Your objection has been noted and logged.

This comes down to you, after careful assessment, concluding that other people's pain isn't a big deal to you. I concluded otherwise. I submitted my opinion to Board and suggested others do likewise. All very democratic. Board didn't have to go my way; I had the odds at about 50/50.

You lost a hearing. If you had made a better argument on behalf of bigotry perhaps you would have won it. There are arguments to be made; I've made them myself and I balanced them when considering my opinion -- try here for a start.

tl; dr: Make better arguments or stop whining.
    Or, you could just sack up.

Or, you could just sack up.
    High School Jock Ethics 101.

I think we've both laid out our sides eloquently.

I'll tell you what. Someday when we meet at an F4 when my team finally figures out how to win a QF, so, let's say 2030, you can flare your nostrils at me to show dominance.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Lucia Apologist

I'll tell you what. Someday when we meet at an F4 when my team finally figures out how to win a QF, so, let's say 2030, you can flare your nostrils at me to show dominance.
    Omg. This is delicious.

Already insane, UAA making it worse

Personally, I thought he should’ve been banned for refusing to call MissThundercat as MissThundercat. That was a personal attack that was way over the line.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Personally, I thought he should’ve been banned for refusing to call MissThundercat as MissThundercat. That was a personal attack that was way over the line.
    He did that?

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    He did that?
    Yeah, it was in the Bottom Feeders tournament thread.

Do I have to wait until after you square off with Bob Gray. As I recall you had a similar message for him when his feelies got hurt.

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    He did that?
    He was publicly warned for it at least once.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Hey everybody Flagdude’s making googly eyes at me. Let’s go tell teacher so he gets a timeout.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    He was publicly warned for it at least once.
    That's just not cool.

Lucia Apologist

Hey everybody Flagdude’s making googly eyes at me. Let’s go tell teacher so he gets a timeout.
    F-ck you. Nice to see your true colors.

Thread Information