Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Re: Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom's Jim Fowler, 89.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom's Jim Fowler, 89.
    "My assistant Jim will put his head in the lion's mouth to give me a good human scale for this shot."
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

FlagDUDE08 (banned for now, it seems).

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    FlagDUDE08 (banned for now, it seems).
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Lucia Apologist

Good. F-ck that guy. He was a piece of human garbage who hasn’t added anything to this board in several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    "My assistant Jim will put his head in the lion's mouth to give me a good human scale for this shot."
    Marvin. I'll keep the boat steady, while Jim wrestles with the alligator.
    Last edited by burd; 05-09-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Good. F-ck that guy. He was a piece of human garbage who hasn’t added anything to this board in several years.
    He's also responsible for about 30% of the posts (point/counterpoint/derision) on this forum.

He's also responsible for about 30% of the posts (point/counterpoint/derision) on this forum.
    It was at the point where no one could carry on a serious discussion with the Flagster, since virtually every post was a link to loony bin agitprop sites and alt-right YouTube accounts. Much like Foxton, there was a time about a decade ago where you could have a semi-reasoned, civil debate with him, but those days ended sometime during the second Obama administration.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    "While I sit here safely in the helicopter hovering above, Jim below will struggle to keep clear of the amorous advances of a love-lorn wildebeest."

For the longest time I swore that Jim Fowler's name was "Jim Beloe".
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Not true. His contribution to putting together schedules over the summer the last several years has been very useful. He has also contributed a lot to RPI threads (discounting all of the smileys). He also ran the POTY year polls for several years which some may think is useful. It is certainly entertaining.

As to political threads, I personally don't give a s*** about them and have never understood why people post in them on forums which have nothing to do with politics. It isn't as if one can convince others to change their minds, and I for one follow sports to get my mind off things like politics. Living in DC, my vote is quite meaningless anyway.

BTW "I like Ike".

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    As to political threads, I personally don't give a s*** about them and have never understood why people post in them on forums which have nothing to do with politics. It isn't as if one can convince others to change their minds, and I for one follow sports to get my mind off things like politics.
    It's better than arguing with Twitter eggs and racist uncles.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

So's Dump. Doesn't make him any less of a turd.

Nazis don't get to play. I can live with that rule.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Lucia Apologist

Not true. His contribution to putting together schedules over the summer the last several years has been very useful. He has also contributed a lot to RPI threads (discounting all of the smileys). He also ran the POTY year polls for several years which some may think is useful. It is certainly entertaining.

As to political threads, I personally don't give a s*** about them and have never understood why people post in them on forums which have nothing to do with politics. It isn't as if one can convince others to change their minds, and I for one follow sports to get my mind off things like politics. Living in DC, my vote is quite meaningless anyway.

BTW "I like Ike".
    Anyone who cares can put together a spreadsheet. POTY can be run by someone else. As for the RPI threads, yeah that sucks I suppose.

He’s a racist and a bad human and we’re better off without him.

BTW "I like Ike".
    A lot of pseudo-intellectuals in the cafe threads who puzz out when they read something they don’t like. Fuk em

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    A lot of pseudo-intellectuals in the cafe threads who puzz out when they read something they don’t like. Fuk em
    Is that you, Ghost of Old Pio?

Is that you, Ghost of Old Pio?
    I like Kep. I have a world of respect for his intelligence. But it was a BS move to go after a poster who offended his feelies, and one who many claim to have on ignore. I have no time for people who try to restrict freedom of expression.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I like Kep. I have a world of respect for his intelligence. But it was a BS move to go after a poster who offended his feelies, and one who many claim to have on ignore. I have no time for people who try to restrict freedom of expression.
    Don't dump all your ire on Kep, he wasn't the only poster who reported Frauddy over the years. You can whimper about "freedom of expression!" all you want, but Flag devolved into a pure troll account (at least on this side of the boards), and got what he deserved after many, many passes here. A majority of message boards on the Internet would've axed him years ago, regardless of his contributions on the D1 side.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 05-10-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Don't dump all your ire on Kep, he wasn't the only poster who reported Frauddy over the years. You can whimper about "freedom of expression!" all you want, but Flag devolved into a pure troll account (at least on this side of the boards), and got what he deserved after many, many passes here. A majority of message boards on the Internet would've axed him years ago.
    A majority of message boards would’ve axed a lot of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    A majority of message boards would’ve axed a lot of us.
    I respectfully disagree with that statement.

Don't dump all your ire on Kep, he wasn't the only poster who reported Frauddy over the years. You can whimper about "freedom of expression!" all you want, but Flag devolved into a pure troll account (at least on this side of the boards), and got what he deserved after many, many passes here. A majority of message boards on the Internet would've axed him years ago, regardless of his contributions on the D1 side.
    Ignore him, either using the function or as I do, by choice.

Thread Information