Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    F-ck you. Nice to see your true colors.
    Shocking that a conservative thinks ****ting on people is ok and everyone else is a baby

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Take the L, Hovey.
      Yeah, maybe. But honestly I don’t ever expect a “win” here. For me it’s just about saying things I think need be said.
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        Of course it doesn’t legally apply.

My point is I don’t care how controversial or offensive you may find a poster’s comments, this a better forum if we’re not all linking to dailykos.
        He was still blatantly trolling...which is against the rules.
        Controversy isn't the issue here...it's how he's choosing to spread his info.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
          How many times do you need to be told that freedom of expression doesn't apply here?
          He broke the rules...bye.
          As you folks on the right are fond of reminding us: Yes, there's a right to free speech. There is not, however, a right to be immune from the consequences of speaking freely.

If Flaggy needs a new forum for his rhetoric, there's plenty of street corners out there.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Yeah, maybe. But honestly I don’t ever expect a “win” here. For me it’s just about saying things I think need be said.
            Such as?
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

This thread has died
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Such as?
                Such as I can’t think of a single post of flaggy’s that was worthy of a response, and most of his links were the equivalent of a used condom in the middle of a street. But we shouldn’t be actively trying to get him banned. I find any number of posts in cafe obnoxious. But I don’t want to see anyone’s right to say them restricted.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Jericho is right. The thread has been derailed and I am at least partially responsible. If someone wants to continue elsewhere I’ll respond, but not here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    High School Jock Ethics 101.

I think we've both laid out our sides eloquently.

I'll tell you what. Someday when we meet at an F4 when my team finally figures out how to win a QF, so, let's say 2030, you can flare your nostrils at me to show dominance.
                    There will always be 1970.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      He did that?
                      Yes. Back in the Bottom Feeders thread, he dead named me twice. Under my old name, he had no problems, but when I started posting in that thread as "MissThundercat," he complained at every little thing. We told him to get out then. He's also made transphobic statements before, using the "trans people are bathroom rapists" line.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Do I have to wait until after you square off with Bob Gray. As I recall you had a similar message for him when his feelies got hurt.
                        OK, now I have this image in my head of a bunch of posters (with physical characteristics I have imagined, not having met) all standing in a circle trying to stare each other down with flared nostrils. It made me giggle.

In all this- IMHO people have the right to their opinions and to express them. They also should to do so in a way that isn't based on them thinking they are the only person in the world that is important. With rights come responsibility. Vigorously disagree with opinions all you want. Tell people they are way off base- OK. Get personal and nasty? No. Personal freedoms do not extend to being a twat for the sake of being one.

If that isn't true- then Civility is dead. (thread theme )

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          There will always be 1970.
                          Not for me there wasn't. And that makes all the difference.

Bergson was wrong about time but right about that.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            OK, now I have this image in my head of a bunch of posters (with physical characteristics I have imagined, not having met) all standing in a circle trying to stare each other down with flared nostrils. It made me giggle.

In all this- IMHO people have the right to their opinions and to express them. They also should to do so in a way that isn't based on them thinking they are the only person in the world that is important. With rights come responsibility. Vigorously disagree with opinions all you want. Tell people they are way off base- OK. Get personal and nasty? No. Personal freedoms do not extend to being a twat for the sake of being one.

If that isn't true- then Civility is dead. (thread theme )
                            Bro Down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHnbC1N_G6w
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                              Well done

Comment

Peggy Lipton. Didn’t know her until twin peaks

Comment

Working...
                                X