Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dead Thread 2019-???: Yep, They're Still Dead.

Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom's Jim Fowler, 89.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Mutual of Omaha Wild Kingdom's Jim Fowler, 89.
      "My assistant Jim will put his head in the lion's mouth to give me a good human scale for this shot."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

FlagDUDE08 (banned for now, it seems).

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          FlagDUDE08 (banned for now, it seems).
          Good riddance to bad rubbish.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Good. F-ck that guy. He was a piece of human garbage who hasn’t added anything to this board in several years.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              "My assistant Jim will put his head in the lion's mouth to give me a good human scale for this shot."
              Marvin. I'll keep the boat steady, while Jim wrestles with the alligator.
              Last edited by burd; 05-09-2019, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Good. F-ck that guy. He was a piece of human garbage who hasn’t added anything to this board in several years.
                He's also responsible for about 30% of the posts (point/counterpoint/derision) on this forum.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

He's also responsible for about 30% of the posts (point/counterpoint/derision) on this forum.
                  It was at the point where no one could carry on a serious discussion with the Flagster, since virtually every post was a link to loony bin agitprop sites and alt-right YouTube accounts. Much like Foxton, there was a time about a decade ago where you could have a semi-reasoned, civil debate with him, but those days ended sometime during the second Obama administration.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    "While I sit here safely in the helicopter hovering above, Jim below will struggle to keep clear of the amorous advances of a love-lorn wildebeest."

For the longest time I swore that Jim Fowler's name was "Jim Beloe".
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Not true. His contribution to putting together schedules over the summer the last several years has been very useful. He has also contributed a lot to RPI threads (discounting all of the smileys). He also ran the POTY year polls for several years which some may think is useful. It is certainly entertaining.

As to political threads, I personally don't give a s*** about them and have never understood why people post in them on forums which have nothing to do with politics. It isn't as if one can convince others to change their minds, and I for one follow sports to get my mind off things like politics. Living in DC, my vote is quite meaningless anyway.

BTW "I like Ike".
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        As to political threads, I personally don't give a s*** about them and have never understood why people post in them on forums which have nothing to do with politics. It isn't as if one can convince others to change their minds, and I for one follow sports to get my mind off things like politics.
                        It's better than arguing with Twitter eggs and racist uncles.

Comment

So's Dump. Doesn't make him any less of a turd.

Nazis don't get to play. I can live with that rule.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Not true. His contribution to putting together schedules over the summer the last several years has been very useful. He has also contributed a lot to RPI threads (discounting all of the smileys). He also ran the POTY year polls for several years which some may think is useful. It is certainly entertaining.

As to political threads, I personally don't give a s*** about them and have never understood why people post in them on forums which have nothing to do with politics. It isn't as if one can convince others to change their minds, and I for one follow sports to get my mind off things like politics. Living in DC, my vote is quite meaningless anyway.

BTW "I like Ike".
                            Anyone who cares can put together a spreadsheet. POTY can be run by someone else. As for the RPI threads, yeah that sucks I suppose.

He’s a racist and a bad human and we’re better off without him.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

BTW "I like Ike".
                              A lot of pseudo-intellectuals in the cafe threads who puzz out when they read something they don’t like. Fuk em
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                A lot of pseudo-intellectuals in the cafe threads who puzz out when they read something they don’t like. Fuk em
                                Is that you, Ghost of Old Pio?

Comment

Working...
                                X