2019 cycling season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 cycling season

Does anyone know who has US rights to the Giro? Is it still Bein which won't show coverage? Or will I at least get a daily recap from NBC on either NBCSB or OLY? I do have the option to get RAI thru my cable provider, which I think will cost me $5 for the month but of course it will be in Italian. Watched Paris Roubaix and Tour of Flanders which were both pretty good was hoping the change in route for the Tour of Flanders might change up the finish a bit, almost always decided in the last few K, but no dice.

Didn't realize until I watched Paris Roubaix that Paul Sherwin had passed away. In the past few years he has become a bit cliched but when I started watching cycling in the mid 80's he and Phil helped contribute to my cycling education. I wonder who will get the coveted color man position now? Will it be Roll or Christian?
    Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post
      Does anyone know who has US rights to the Giro? Is it still Bein which won't show coverage? Or will I at least get a daily recap from NBC on either NBCSB or OLY? I do have the option to get RAI thru my cable provider, which I think will cost me $5 for the month but of course it will be in Italian. Watched Paris Roubaix and Tour of Flanders which were both pretty good was hoping the change in route for the Tour of Flanders might change up the finish a bit, almost always decided in the last few K, but no dice.

Didn't realize until I watched Paris Roubaix that Paul Sherwin had passed away. In the past few years he has become a bit cliched but when I started watching cycling in the mid 80's he and Phil helped contribute to my cycling education. I wonder who will get the coveted color man position now? Will it be Roll or Christian?
      Admitted casual cycling fan here but Roll drives me nuts. If those are the two options give me Christian
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by Probert View Post

In the US, Giro coverage is by Flobikes, or Fubo tv, I think also, both online, although you can also cast both to your tv if you have the right setup.

Fubo, you have to buy their cycling package, which is like $12/month, but you also have to have their regular subscription, which is like $45/month.

Flobikes is something like $29/month, or $150 for a full year subscription. I went for the full year, as the spring classics plus Giro would have been about four months of coverage, almost the price for the full year. And less than what three months of Fubo would cost.

It was Bob Roll for Roubaix, but I agree, I'd rather have Christian, who I still don't care for. Love Roll as a writer, can't stand to listen to him talk. I wish NBC would just put Phil out to pasture, and just contract with some of the Eurosport guys. Any one of them would be an improvement, and also better than the Aussie team NBC uses for their online coverage of the Tour.
        Last edited by rufus; 04-27-2019, 09:32 AM.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Chris Froome broke his leg today at the Dauphine and is out for the tour.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            Chris Froome broke his leg today at the Dauphine and is out for the tour.
            It will be really interesting to see if Sky can compete with their top guy out. Glad he will be ok, but maybe we'll get a competitive race for a change.

Comment

https://www.velonews.com/2019/06/new...-france_495275

Comment

It will be really interesting to see if Sky can compete with their top guy out. Glad he will be ok, but maybe we'll get a competitive race for a change.
                It will be interesting with Froome and DuMoulin out, haven't heard about Thomas but even before he crashed in the Tour De Suisse I had doubts he'd be able to avoid crashing for two tours in a row. I guess the favorite now is TJ
                Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

I'm posting this because I'm sick of being run by Drivers. Drivers texting, not paying attention, or trying on purpose to scare me. It's gotten to the point where I avoid the public roads as much as I can. I try to ride in parks or paths, but you can only do so much and it's hard on a path to go very fast. So I still ride the roads, but man it's out of control. I'm contemplating going gravel and quitting road bikes. Except I like road bikes and I don't really like gravel all that much. so.... now I'll get off my soapbox.
                  https://www.bicycling.com/news/a2832...gxtBSEXFhjdjEY

Comment

I'm posting this because I'm sick of being run by Drivers. Drivers texting, not paying attention, or trying on purpose to scare me. It's gotten to the point where I avoid the public roads as much as I can. I try to ride in parks or paths, but you can only do so much and it's hard on a path to go very fast. So I still ride the roads, but man it's out of control. I'm contemplating going gravel and quitting road bikes. Except I like road bikes and I don't really like gravel all that much. so.... now I'll get off my soapbox.
                    https://www.bicycling.com/news/a2832...gxtBSEXFhjdjEY
                    I was always more of an off road guy but i agree. Yeah the texting and driving / distracted drivers have made me kind of not enjoy being on the road and I am pretty much exclusively mountain biking now.

Comment

Good to see Ciccone in the yellow. And good for his team too. That was super steep at the end there.

Comment

Best TDF in years if you ask me!

Comment

First time in years I haven't been able to watch...
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Man Soooo exciting. I think Aliphilippe has a real chance and Thomas blowing up? I would have never thought that. Movistar is toast now I think, I wonder what they do from here on.

Comment

Egan Bernal, first Colombian to win the Tour de France.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I see the Amgen Tour of California is toast. It's too bad. Best race in North America.

Comment

Working...
                                X