Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2019 UAA Offseason Thread: What Are Playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
    Watching the interview right now with the chancellor, and AD. They said construction will be minimum 2,500 seats.
    2500ish seats would be awesome for the atmosphere. Can't lie though, gonna miss having beer sales.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoinak View Post
      2500ish seats would be awesome for the atmosphere. Can't lie though, gonna miss having beer sales.
      There’s no reason they can’t have beer sales, they already have it at the AAC.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Re: Official 2019 UAA Offseason Thread: What Are Playoffs?

Tired of searching.
        Being next to computer illiterate can someone tell me where to find the official ice dimensions at the Farg?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          Tired of searching.
          Being next to computer illiterate can someone tell me where to find the official ice dimensions at the Farg?
          I've always been told it was NHL size. It should definitely benefit the team to play on the same ice they practice on.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            There’s no reason they can’t have beer sales, they already have it at the AAC.
            Jerry retired..... bring on a full bar. .....
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

That will do wonders for the recruiting process. Good luck Matt. WF is a great facility and has terrific space for the players, but...
              Last edited by davyd83; 05-30-2019, 12:25 AM.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                That will do wonders for the recruiting process. Good luck Matt. WF is a great facility and has terrific space for the players, but...
                Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines. But in the overall picture, it can be a very positive step. If they get the Farg remodeled in a couple years I think this could be game changing for UAA.
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by broncoinak View Post
                  https://www.adn.com/sports/uaa-athle...n-campus-rink/

Answers questions asked in this thread. Yes, it's an NHL sized ice (200 x 85). Yes they will sell beer. Don't know at this time if they will charge for parking. Without renovation they are hoping to seat 1000 fans. 500 fans were season ticket holders last season, and UAA averaged almost 2000 fans. Once again, UAA hockey will be a hot commodity.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    It’s not like Sullivan Arena is some grand palace. It wasn’t exactly attracting interest either.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      It’s not like Sullivan Arena is some grand palace. It wasn’t exactly attracting interest either.
                      The Sullivan Arena Leadership is playing this off as not a big deal. Sullivan Arena indicated that this opens up "premium dates" for the facility to schedule other shows. Maybe then this is a win-win for both organizations! I think that if the Wells Fargo is done right, this could be great think for UAA. 2500 - 3000 chairback seats by knocking out the North and East walls and configuring the facility in a "horseshoe" would be so cool! Also, maybe a small hanging videotron!

Comment

This move is all plus material for UAA. Olympic ice never did anything for us ... except bring World Junior Championship here once many moons ago.
                        Looking forward to seeing a new group of young men come in and help build the program.
                        If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                          The Sullivan Arena Leadership is playing this off as not a big deal. Sullivan Arena indicated that this opens up "premium dates" for the facility to schedule other shows. Maybe then this is a win-win for both organizations! I think that if the Wells Fargo is done right, this could be great think for UAA. 2500 - 3000 chairback seats by knocking out the North and East walls and configuring the facility in a "horseshoe" would be so cool! Also, maybe a small hanging videotron!

I am Happy for the Sullivan Arena and I am happy for sellout hockey on campus. ...Just like the old days.......
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Curley announces recruiting class
                            http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...ZNND70rTpwo1Fs

Comment

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...ZNND70rTpwo1Fs

Updated the roster on goseawolves(missing from last years roster minus seniors):

1 Brody Claeys G 6-4 219 So.
                              2 Nathan Renouf F 5-7 154 Jr.
                              4 Jonah Renouf F 5-7 160 Jr.
                              14 Jared Nash F 5-11 192 Fr.
                              17 Jordan Xavier F 5-11 184 So.

Was unsure about the Renouf bros and the whole transfer situation if they had any eligibility left.

Comment

http://www.goseawolves.com/ViewArtic...CLID=211806151

Comment

Working...
                                X