Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2019 UAA Offseason Thread: What Are Playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2019 UAA Offseason Thread: What Are Playoffs?

So let's recap:

- Worst Record In College Hockey
    - Last In Scoring Offense
    - Last In PP Percentage
    - Missed Playoffs
    - 3rd straight 10th Place Finish
    - 10 years without the Governor's Cup

Let me repeat that one: 10 YEARS.

Essentially, this incoming class better be the best class ever or the program is gone.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    So let's recap:

- Last In PP Percentage
    - Missed Playoffs

Essentially, this incoming class better be the best class ever or the program is gone.
    BUT YOU GOT THE TRIVIA RIGHT! That’s something, yeah?!

Comment

Re: Official 2019 UAA Offseason Thread: What Are Playoffs?

So let's recap:

- Last In PP Percentage
      - Missed Playoffs

Your meds are not working......just sayin...
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

So let's recap:

- Last In PP Percentage
        - Missed Playoffs

On paper, the incoming glass looks better than what we've seen in quite some time. Hopefully they don't read your post and change their mind.

Our latest recruit is his teams C0-MVP:
        https://www.nanaimobulletin.com/spor...r-season-ends/
        Last edited by Suze; 03-03-2019, 07:34 PM.
        Originally Posted by aparch
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Jimjamesak/Woody?
          Hard to tell the difference.
          They both do all they can to better the program. NOT!

Comment

And how about cleaning up your post to reflect the years we were cheated out of the cup.
            I'm anxiously awaiting how you put a negative spin on that.
            Or are you and Woody just doing your best to be as negative as possible?
            Wow what a fan!

Comment

Ooops, sorry, I thought I was in the "Summary of Michigan Tech in the 2000s" thread. Been there, done that, it's not fun. Tech averaged 8 wins per season from 1998 to 2011 culminating with consecutive seasons of 6, 5 and 4 wins each 2008-11. On the upside, Tech is also proof you can turn things around.
              Ryan
              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
              Originally posted by geezer
              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
              Originally posted by manurespreader
              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                Ooops, sorry, I thought I was in the "Summary of Michigan Tech in the 2000s" thread. Been there, done that, it's not fun. Tech averaged 8 wins per season from 1998 to 2011 culminating with consecutive seasons of 6, 5 and 4 wins each 2008-11. On the upside, Tech is also proof you can turn things around.
                Ryan

At this point I'd settle to be like Lake State who has a good winning season like every five years.
                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Ryan
                  Tech didn’t face the budget issues that heavily impacts recruiting and general interest like UAA and UAF have. When the government keeps cutting the funding and there is immense uncertainty that there will be a program, how can anyone even attempt to turn things around?

UAA is better than their record showed. Both Alaska teams had off nights this season and the Nanooks were able to get some good wins that kept their season alive. But both need to improve ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                    Tech didn’t face the budget issues that heavily impacts recruiting and general interest like UAA and UAF have.
                    I would disagree. The lack of money wasn't a huge public discussion like the AK state budget talks are, but there wasn't much money being spent on Tech hockey during those years. In fact at one point, it was discussed dropping the program down to Div II/III so they could cut spending and hopefully be more competitive.
                    Ryan
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I would disagree. The lack of money wasn't a huge public discussion like the AK state budget talks are, but there wasn't much money being spent on Tech hockey during those years. In fact at one point, it was discussed dropping the program down to Div II/III so they could cut spending and hopefully be more competitive.
                      Ryan
                      And that’s what I’m getting at. This budget crisis isn’t going to be a one year thing, we have 3 years left with Dumbleavy and friends, and if hockey continues to underperform it becomes a brighter and brighter target for the axe. There is a window to show improvement but it’s literally next season, it’s make or break for real. That’s why I say this incoming class better be the real deal or it’s over.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

And that’s what I’m getting at. This budget crisis isn’t going to be a one year thing, we have 3 years left with Dumbleavy and friends, and if hockey continues to underperform it becomes a brighter and brighter target for the axe. There is a window to show improvement but it’s literally next season, it’s make or break for real. That’s why I say this incoming class better be the real deal or it’s over.
                        The problem is that this year’s junior & senior classes were both heavily affected by the first death threat against the Alaska programs. And now that you’re on the chopping block again, don’t look for blue chippers lining up for a seat at Sully.
                        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          The problem is that this year’s junior & senior classes were both heavily affected by the first death threat against the Alaska programs. And now that you’re on the chopping block again, don’t look for blue chippers lining up for a seat at Sully.
                          They’re not looking for blue chippers, they’re looking for kids to play in the WCHA.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                            Tech didn’t face the budget issues that heavily impacts recruiting and general interest like UAA and UAF have. When the government keeps cutting the funding and there is immense uncertainty that there will be a program, how can anyone even attempt to turn things around?

UAA is better than their record showed. Both Alaska teams had off nights this season and the Nanooks were able to get some good wins that kept their season alive. But both need to improve ASAP.
                            An excellent post Ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                              An excellent post Ice.
                              Don't get me wrong, if it ultimately comes down to you or us, then I will push until the end for Nanook hockey.

But...I enjoy our rivalry, I enjoy the smack talk and plus I know there are die hard Seawolf fans who would be devastated if the program folded, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Not even UAA fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X