Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2019 UAA Offseason Thread: What Are Playoffs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2019 UAA Offseason Thread: What Are Playoffs?

Our newest recruit. Sounds like a solid player.

https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/201...ska-anchorage/
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
        15th in the SJHL in points per game. Lots of the damage done on the PP (16 of his 27 goals..). High rate of PIMs as well. Smaller guy.

More importantly, a very cool story as he's one of I think only 2 survivors of the Humboldt bus crash to be back on the ice. Congrats to him on earning a scholly.

Comment

http://www.wcha.com/men/alaska-ancho...0-schedule.php

Comment

Definitely a friendlier schedule than last seasons killer. Our newest recruit, Brandon Perrone. A goalie in the NAHL.

https://twitter.com/Brandon_Perrone?...CzohuoDz8eEFAY
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post

Comment

The website says it can seat 750? hmmm.....

Comment

Supposed to be expanded in seating capacity according to the UAA website. I knew that venue could expand. While others kept saying the WFSC could not expand, I thought in my mind, that is false! Now, they are going to do it! I support the move on campus. If they can get more seating up too 2500 to 3,000 that would be perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                      Supposed to be expanded in seating capacity according to the UAA website. I knew that venue could expand. While others kept saying the WFSC could not expand, I thought in my mind, that is false! Now, they are going to do it! I support the move on campus. If they can get more seating up too 2500 to 3,000 that would be perfect!
                      I am not familiar with the set up of the WFSC, but to me it seems like increasing capacity from the listed 750 on the website to 2500 or 3000 sounds like a major remodel.
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

To meet, WCHA standards, it will have to meet at least 2,500 seats. That is the minimum WCHA requirement. So, yes, major remodel

Comment

Called it, wonder where the new seats will be? West side could fit about 5 rows pretty cheaply. Have a feeling we will get an exception and seat around 1250, sell outs baby. Parking should be pretty good after 6pm on campus, should keep the Health Sciences Building open so you can use the pedestrian bridge.
                          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                            Yup. Tlisa told me several years ago it could not be expanded. I see this as a smart move. Saves $26000 every home series!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Agree Suze, I like this move. If they can get it up to 2500 seats for now, that would be nice. I support this. Saves lots of money...

Comment

Watching the interview right now with the chancellor, and AD. They said construction will be minimum 2,500 seats.

Comment

Working...
                                X