National Championship Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship Site

Where will the final four be played? Is it guaranteed to be out west? Wisconsin, St. Norbert’s or Stevens Point or could it come East at Geneseo, Oswego or Norwich? Taken into consideration one of those teams is in the final four? Or will it be at a neutral site.

Originally posted by nefan View Post
    Where will the final four be played? Is it guaranteed to be out west? Wisconsin, St. Norbert’s or Stevens Point or could it come East at Geneseo, Oswego or Norwich? Taken into consideration one of those teams is in the final four? Or will it be at a neutral site.
    Oh. My. Word. Apparently we have gotten too lazy as a society to go to the NCAA website or to even go rummaging through old posts on this board to find information that has been discussed until everyone's fingers turned blue and fell off. Heavens to Betsy!

Comment

Re: National Championship Site

Likely in the West region....at the top West seed....right now that would be Stevens Point...
      SNC Men:
      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
      SNC Women:
      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Can anyone confirm that Augsburg has applied to host? I know SNC and Point have, and assume Adrian has as well.

I also assume if St.Johns won the MIAC and somehow ended up being the only western school to advance to the frozen four they would be unable to host due to scheduling conflicts as they use St. Cloud State’s rink.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
          Oh. My. Word. Apparently we have gotten too lazy as a society to go to the NCAA website or to even go rummaging through old posts on this board to find information that has been discussed until everyone's fingers turned blue and fell off. Heavens to Betsy!
          You were way nicer than what I was about to write...
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            You were way nicer than what I was about to write...
            What I do not like is the last minute airfare that would be involved with booking a late flight . I suppose one could book a SW flight into MKE with the odds the frozen 4 would be at WSP or SN. That’s the positive booking SW, you can change or cancel if needs be.
            Knowing where the frozen 4 is to start the year makes it a lot easier for travelers. The last 2 years I booked SW flights in Sept for the frozen 4 and I guess this upcoming year Sept I will make a Buffalo flight on SW once dates are announced for 2019-20.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
              BALH-BALH-BLAH

Question was posed to hear what other peoples thoughts were on the topic!! We all understand its supposed to be out west, but no one really knows who has put in to host and whether NCAA will accept the bids. Also what if a west site is not suitable would it come back east. All legitimate questions.

Have a nice weekend, that is all.

Comment

Webb has a good take on it at the bottom of this article:
                https://www.d3hockey.com/bracketolog...-what-to-watch

What he says, and what I didn't realize, is the NCAA is on the record saying they will give preference to a Western host in 2019 and an Eastern host 2021. I thought it was all whispers and innuendo, but there it is in print. So it seems like if either Stevens Point or St. Norbert are in the final four there is a very good chance it will be there, regardless of who is left in the East and their seeding.
                #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by Lightningvinny100 View Post
                  What I do not like is the last minute airfare that would be involved with booking a late flight . I suppose one could book a SW flight into MKE with the odds the frozen 4 would be at WSP or SN. That’s the positive booking SW, you can change or cancel if needs be.
                  Knowing where the frozen 4 is to start the year makes it a lot easier for travelers. The last 2 years I booked SW flights in Sept for the frozen 4 and I guess this upcoming year Sept I will make a Buffalo flight on SW once dates are announced for 2019-20.
                  This was one of the biggest complaints back in the day. And we all loved the predetermined site when it came to traveling.

I don't have to worry about next year. I can commute.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                    What he says, and what I didn't realize, is the NCAA is on the record saying they will give preference to a Western host in 2019 and an Eastern host 2021. I thought it was all whispers and innuendo, but there it is in print. So it seems like if either Stevens Point or St. Norbert are in the final four there is a very good chance it will be there, regardless of who is left in the East and their seeding.
                    I just heard this myself last week (as I was also going on whispers and innuendo before). So yeah, don't look at the seedings between the east and west. Just look to see if any western teams left standing are capable of hosting it.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                      Can anyone confirm that Augsburg has applied to host? I know SNC and Point have, and assume Adrian has as well.
                      Adrian only seats 500. No way do they qualify. They wouldn't meet the minimal qualifications to even put a bid in.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

This was one of the biggest complaints back in the day. And we all loved the predetermined site when it came to traveling.

I don't have to worry about next year. I can commute.
                        It'll be interesting to see how the Harborcenter does next year, attendance-wise. 1800 (Harborcenter's listed capacity) might be the correct number for the championship these days.

10-year attendance average for the D3 men's championship: 2128
                        2010 is eliminated from that average, there's no data on the attendance.
                        The 3 years that fall below 1800 announced attendance were in: Utica, Minneapolis, Minneapolis.
                        (Listed attendances: 1830 ('18), 1595 ('17), 2304 ('16), 1303 ('15), 1851 ('14), 2089 ('13), 3300 ('12), 1741 ('11), 0 ('10), 3141 ('09).

Interestingly, KB Willett has a listed seating capacity of 1800 as well. CCC is 1674.

*ramble ramble*

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                          It'll be interesting to see how the Harborcenter does next year, attendance-wise. 1800 (Harborcenter's listed capacity) might be the correct number for the championship these days.

10-year attendance average for the D3 men's championship: 2128
                          2010 is eliminated from that average, there's no data on the attendance.
                          The 3 years that fall below 1800 announced attendance were in: Utica, Minneapolis, Minneapolis.
                          (Listed attendances: 1830 ('18), 1595 ('17), 2304 ('16), 1303 ('15), 1851 ('14), 2089 ('13), 3300 ('12), 1741 ('11), 0 ('10), 3141 ('09).

Interestingly, KB Willett has a listed seating capacity of 1800 as well. CCC is 1674.

*ramble ramble*

r
                          I’ve always been confused as to why the boxes from Placid in 2010 say zero as the attendance was at some point included either there or on the printed out versions supplied to media. I want to say the Norwich-Plattsburgh semifinal was 57 or 5900 or something like that and the title game was over 4k. Whatever it was it was big and easily the biggest of any of the years in Placid.
                          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                            I’ve always been confused as to why the boxes from Placid in 2010 say zero as the attendance was at some point included either there or on the printed out versions supplied to media. I want to say the Norwich-Plattsburgh semifinal was 57 or 5900 or something like that and the title game was over 4k. Whatever it was it was big and easily the biggest of any of the years in Placid.
                            Yeah, it's weird, it's not even listed in the all time NCAA record book. Dumb.

r

Comment

Adrian only seats 500.
                              So, twice as many people as were in attendance in Utica a couple years ago?
                              Last edited by altazo; 03-01-2019, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X