Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 B1G Tournament

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Notre Dame hosts Minnesota and Ohio State hosts Penn State for the 2nd round!
    One game weekends the next two, and I certainly expect Napier to get the start in goal both weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
      The city hockey fans are in St Paul watching the high school tournament, and people like me are at home cause the 12 inch snow storm was forecast after a little raIn.
      A snow forecast shouldn't stop a Minnesotan. I'm disappointed. <2,000 fans for a 'playoff' game is pathetic. I went to a regular season women's gymnastics meet on Saturday (that I knew Michigan would likely, and did, lose) and there were 6,800 fans there.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        A snow forecast shouldn't stop a Minnesotan. I'm disappointed. <2,000 fans for a 'playoff' game is pathetic. I went to a regular season women's gymnastics meet on Saturday (that I knew Michigan would likely, and did, lose) and there were 6,800 fans there.
        It wasn't the snow, it was the freezing rain underneath the new snow. That will keep people away because *other* drivers are idiots.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          It wasn't the snow, it was the freezing rain underneath the new snow. That will keep people away because *other* drivers are idiots.
          This. Also, don't know about other counties, but Olmstead County (about an hour or so south of the Twin Cities metro) announced they were only sanding/salting the most key areas, because their supply was running that low...
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            This. Also, don't know about other counties, but Olmstead County (about an hour or so south of the Twin Cities metro) announced they were only sanding/salting the most key areas, because their supply was running that low...
            And then as I was driving east on 394 on my way to the women's game there was a MNDOT truck spewing out salt onto a perfectly dry road. Pretty sure the driver was getting paid overtime to accomplish nothing...
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              And then as I was driving east on 394 on my way to the women's game there was a MNDOT truck spewing out salt onto a perfectly dry road. Pretty sure the driver was getting paid overtime to accomplish nothing...
              MnDOT started pre-salting roads in anticipation of the bad weather because they found that accidents/1000 cars are lowered.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Minnesota people don't know how to deal with real snow. Here in western Montana there's 5-6 feet of it surrounding the cabin and we're not even at the higher elevations!

Comment

Minnesota people don't know how to deal with real snow. Here in western Montana there's 5-6 feet of it surrounding the cabin and we're not even at the higher elevations!
                  And you're not driving around with a hundred other cars in your immediate vicinity. What does all this have to do with anything other than trying to whip it out hoping to hit 3cm on the ruler?

Comment

And you're not driving around with a hundred other cars in your immediate vicinity. What does all this have to do with anything other than trying to whip it out hoping to hit 3cm on the ruler?
                    No kidding. I've had zero issues this winter with my RWD sports car. I'm not worried about me, I'm worried about the others.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Re: 2019 B1G Tournament

At least 2000 people braved your roads BOTH nights to make the game.
                      If people can't drive properly in northern climes they should move to Florida.
                      Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-11-2019, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        At least 2000 people braved your roads BOTH nights to make the game.
                        If people can't drive properly in northern climes they should move to Florida.
                        They can't drive properly there, either.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          They can't drive properly there, either.
                          LOL.
                          I'm not trying to pick on St.Clown but two months ago I drove back in the middle of January from Idaho to Columbus so I don't want to hear someone complaining the weather keeps them from their hockey game when I drove through 2000 miles of it!

Comment

LOL.
                            I'm not trying to pick on St.Clown but two months ago I drove back in the middle of January from Idaho to Columbus so I don't want to hear someone complaining the weather keeps them from their hockey game when I drove through 2000 miles of it!
                            Again, oftentimes it's not the drivers themselves. It's the other idiots on the road. The ones that drive the bruh-trucks that think 4WD gives them a pass on ice, etc. Just this morning, I witnessed someone flooring it to get out of their parking spot. Well, if you know anything about anything, that doesn't work. It makes it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                              So, why didn't you just drive over to Minnesota to see your ugly helmets lose hockey, too?
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

So does this mean people in Minnesota don't drive to work in bad weather like the rest of us? If you do then why not a hockey game?

Comment

Working...
                                X