Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nike exclusive Division I programs

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    Thanks for the info. is it me, or is that an ugly jersey?
    If it were shiny I might have guessed it was designed by Casey Hankinson.

Comment

Originally posted by pdt1081 View Post
      It's you.
      no, its not you. that is one ugly jersey.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

That jersey was the weird transition between BG using their old “LT” logo and the new “peekaboo” one.

The Paluch-era sweaters were not good.
        Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
          Thanks for the info. is it me, or is that an ugly jersey?
          C'mon, everyone loved "wedge" striping on jerseys in the late 90's and early 2000s.

Well ok, the Badgers didn't, but they did put this slanted Bucky on the ice.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          If it were shiny I might have guessed it was designed by Casey Hankinson.
          How many players do a co-op at a jersey manufacturer AND get to design the jerseys their team wears on the ice?
          Granted they didn't last long, but they were worn on the ice. I still want to know who thought FELT LINED was a great idea for those gold jerseys.

Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 02-26-2019, 12:36 PM.
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
            As someone who has handled literally thousands of college hockey game worn jerseys over the last couple decades, I would estimate at least 50% of the college jerseys brand names are not manufactured by the company who has their name displayed on the exterior of the jersey. The exterior branding (especially at the bigger schools where the athletics department has one massive, school-wide branding contract) is almost always driven by something other than which company manufacturers hockey jerseys.

My site (www.johnsonsjerseys.net) has hundreds of examples displayed where you can see the different brands inside vs what was visible.

Some of the exterior brands I have seen over the years (just in D-I hockey) include Adidas, Nike, Reebok, SP, Under Armour, Bauer, Gemini, Sher-Wood, TPS, Easton, Warrior, Christian, New Balance, I-Tech, Hooter, K1, Saxon, Cosby, Champion, Wilson, Stall & Dean, Ripon, Mission, Medford, ProTops, OT Sports, Keybec, Koronis, Aaron's, Apex and the list goes on. And it might surprise you the teams that wore some of these "off brands."

There is a reason equipment managers stock pile black spray paint and black tape and blank fabric swatches and markers...
            We're a CCM team but Billy wants to use a Warrior stick. Bring out the black paint.
            We have a Reebok contract for our protective gear but Timmy wants to wear a Bauer helmet. Bring out the electrical tape.
            We wore a Bauer breezers last year but now we're a CCM team. Bring out the black markers.

Every team has their hand out for free gear so most will sign a deal with someone for cheap or free stuff. But if you want to use something else you have to hide it. Just image how much less work the equipment guys would have if the kids could legally wear what gear they wanted to wear.

Hey, isn't that a CCM jersey? Nope, I have no idea what you're talking about...

Ryan
            Yale went exclusive with UnderArmor recently and the hockey end of it was just and afterthought because of lacrosse, basketball and football.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
            X