UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

A lot on the line for UNH over the next couple of weeks. 2-2-1 is my prediction for these five remaining games.

Buckle up because it's going to be a rough ride with lots of twists and turns in Hockey East between now and the end of the RS!!
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Re: UNH v NU & UML to close out the RS

NU needs the HE pts (all of them); but far as the UNH wknd, i am hoping for a split at the very least. If NU can get more than 2pts vs UNH, then i believe the team is back in some kind of rhythm. Split more likely, my opinion. Go Huskies
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      A lot on the line for UNH over the next couple of weeks. 2-2-1 is my prediction for these five remaining games.

Buckle up because it's going to be a rough ride with lots of twists and turns in Hockey East between now and the end of the RS!!
      Love your prediction if we ended up that way I think we would be more than pleased. Can't think of a better way to end the RS going into the tournament. Going to see how far we've really come. Hoping for a great compete level and 60 minute efforts. Not easy to do but what is necessary given the competition! Let's goooo 'Cats!!!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Our blog preview of the Wildcats as well as our predictions for the weekend is below. I think it's likely NU gets 2 points, maybe 3, but if they were to sweep I would be quite pleasantly surprised. I see both teams matching up well, with balanced scoring on both sides (Wildcats have 4 20 point scorers, 4 more with 15+ points; NU has 4 with 20 and 3 with 15+), and a goaltender matchup that statistically is fairly even this year, with PRimeau getting an edge, and historically leans NU.

UNH has better special teams than NU does, and that could be a massive difference maker when combined with more ice area.

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/ge...on-max-gildon/
        "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

I see a weekend split next weekend (depending completely on how Lowell rebounds this weekend from their PC disaster).

I still remember that first game at Tsongas where Lowell thoroughly dominated UNH, but needed a couple of last minute goals just to sneak away with a point. That was dismal...
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
            Our blog preview of the Wildcats as well as our predictions for the weekend is below. I think it's likely NU gets 2 points, maybe 3, but if they were to sweep I would be quite pleasantly surprised. I see both teams matching up well, with balanced scoring on both sides (Wildcats have 4 20 point scorers, 4 more with 15+ points; NU has 4 with 20 and 3 with 15+), and a goaltender matchup that statistically is fairly even this year, with PRimeau getting an edge, and historically leans NU.

UNH has better special teams than NU does, and that could be a massive difference maker when combined with more ice area.

https://northeasternhockeyblog.com/g...on-max-gildon/
            Must admit that i do like the NU blog. The preseason forecast on each team is in depth and usually very fair. As you and others have noted, this UNH team can surprise you. They can surprise us also. I see a split, especially if you look past us in the second period.

Comment

No nights off in Hockey East. Two more left with Northeastern. Pretty tough to beat any Hokey East team three times in the RS.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                Must admit that i do like the NU blog. The preseason forecast on each team is in depth and usually very fair. As you and others have noted, this UNH team can surprise you. They can surprise us also. I see a split, especially if you look past us in the second period.
                Not last night unfortunately...but, it happens. NU did what they had to do and we did not respond. Kudos to the 'Cats for killing the 5 on 3. NU skated with energy and focus; hit all their passes, stymied any offense we could muster. Primeau is an elite goal tender. Hats off to BvR, Vela, MacAdams who played very well. Tonight's a new night...go 'Cats! AND...way to go making the HE tournament. 3 other teams are going to sit this out, not you. A nice goal achieved for this first season under a new coach, and new tourney format. A formidable task for sure, but you are in the mix...(and I'd echo what you said ATW...don't look past us..)
                Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-23-2019, 09:11 AM.
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Well, just like that, there are the two losses in my 2-2-1 prediction! Guess that means UNH is going 2-0-1 for the last three games.
                  Last edited by e.cat; 02-24-2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Well, just like that, there are the two losses in my 2-2-1 prediction! Guess that means UNH is going 2-0-1 for the last three games.
                    Admittedly, yours was a bold prediction, e.cat. :-)

Comment

Funny you post this because I said to myself...'well, there are the two losses in e.cat's prediction' and there it is. Yeah, glad we got those out of the way...
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Well, I guess this thread didn't quite catch fire like the UNH v. UMaine one did.

Just another reminder how UNH has been a non-factor at/near the top of HE for way too long ...
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          Well, I guess this thread didn't quite catch fire like the UNH v. UMaine one did.

Just another reminder how UNH has been a non-factor at/near the top of HE for way too long ...
                          Well that just has to change now doesn’t it...in our lifetime preferably 😉
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

I can say that although we all want a win every game, 2-2-1 would have been great outlook considering who we are playing and especially how they looked this weekend. I personally would be happy with a 2-0-1 finish to the regular season. Heck I'd even be happy with 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs against UMass(2 being a pipe dream).
                            GO WILDCATS! 2002 & 2003 Hockey East Reg. Season & Tourney Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Kinda a weird thread, as not a weekend thread, such as those ECAC threads that involve four teams ("travel partners"), which average less than 15 posts each. But, this thread may top that number, given that we have three more games. :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X