Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Black Bear since D-2

Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

[QUOTE=Kepler;6825283]Pragmatic rebuttal:

I'm sure you'll admit the Dems have many, many issues. The question then is why you believe they are "focused" on sexuality. I propose it's because you find their stance on sexuality to be problematic in some way: it bugs you. So what you are saying is "don't talk about the thing that bugs me." [Quote]

No.

You have missed the point while preaching to the choir here.

Mine was that there are much bigger fish to fry than silly issues such as "who goes where". (Yes, that's a BR reference.) Our very existence as a democracy is at stake in 2020. Imagine what Trump will do with 4 more years at his disposal.

And, if the Dems choose to make sexuality -in any form- a central plank in their platform, it's at their peril.

Take that to the bank.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 07-23-2019 at 10:32 PM.

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Who the fark says they're making it a central plank? Show us where on official DNC websites, or candidates' websites, it's a front-and-center issue.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Who the fark says they're making it a central plank? Show us where on official DNC websites, or candidates' websites, it's a front-and-center issue.
    I didn't say that, but that possibility certainly exists, and the Dems were owning that sort of silly issue a few years ago. How did that work out for them? They couldn't even beat a moron such as Trump. Case closed on that strategy.

Tell ya what: post your 31,939th comment to someone else. Please and thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    I didn't say that, but that possibility certainly exists, and the Dems were owning that sort of silly issue a few years ago. How did that work out for them? They couldn't even beat a moron such as Trump. Case closed on that strategy.

Tell ya what: post your 31,939th comment to someone else. Please and thank you.
    Using post count in an argument: Fishy Fish, you have now lost the argument. Them's the rules.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

You made the claim it's a "central plank" of the party platform, so I asked for the evidence. Looks like you can't provide any, so you go for the ad hom. My work here is done.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Never Forget!

I don't think sexuality per se will be a central plank on the Democratic Party platform in 2020, except as the larger issue of human rights. Of which it is one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Using post count in an argument: Fishy Fish, you have now lost the argument. Them's the rules.
    Been a while since we've had one of these complete losers. Actually, since FreshFish. Perhaps this is a dumber cousin. Off to Ignoreland in any case, annnd... it's gone.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

there's a good buck in that racket.

What is "cis"?

(Mookie is usually pretty good in guessing these, but drawing a blank here...)

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    What is "cis"?

Male that identifies as male and female that identifies as female...

Black Bear since D-2

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Been a while since we've had one of these complete losers. Actually, since FreshFish. Perhaps this is a dumber cousin. Off to Ignoreland in any case, annnd... it's gone.
    Thank you. And enjoy your little insular circle-jerk. Sounds like a Trump rally here half the time, in terms of intolerance and knee-jerk politics.

There does exist a Centrist approach, even if cowardly sycophants such as yourself, so eager for the next reach-over, can't figure that out.

You might as well be wearing a MAGA hat, for all your dismissive prejudice.

Still, have a nice life and thanks for ignoring me. We'll both be happier as a result.

That might be the most hilarious post I have read in quite some time. Here? MAGA? lololololol
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

He fixes the cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    That might be the most hilarious post I have read in quite some time. Here? MAGA? lololololol
    Forget it, he's rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Forget it, he's rolling.
    I suggest drinking heavily. I'm pre-med.

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Wait...Kepler is MAGA? I thought it was hilarious when trix called me a Centrist but the only way Kepler could ever be a MAGAyte is if he went so far left he went completely around and ended up on the other side

I also find it funny how much Fishing is projecting.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

He fixes the cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Yes. It is exceedingly clear that the DFL has lost another vote over this issue.

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Yes. It is exceedingly clear that the DFL has lost another vote over this issue.
    Not really...since he lives in Central New York

(DFL is only in Minnesota...yay semantics!)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

He fixes the cable?
    Not really...since he lives in Central New York

(DFL is only in Minnesota...yay semantics!)
    I keep doing that and at this point I'm just done trying to catch it. Screw it.

Internet Nutcase
    Wait...Kepler is MAGA? I thought it was hilarious when trix called me a Centrist but the only way Kepler could ever be a MAGAyte is if he went so far left he went completely around and ended up on the other side

For what itís worth (nothing) he didnít accuse Kep of actually being MAGA. Heís saying that in some ways Kep is as bad as a MAGA idiot

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    What is "cis"?

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=cis

Cisgender has its origin in the Latin-derived prefix cis-, meaning "on this side of", which is the opposite of trans-, meaning "across from" or "on the other side of".
    For example:

Cisalpine Gaul was "on this side of the Alps." Transalpine Gaul was "on the other side."

No mystery and actually rather clever though I'm amazed nobody has said that "cis" privileges as closer or in some way more positive.
    Last edited by Kepler; 07-24-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Lucia Apologist

I always thought it referenced cis and trans orientations of molecules

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CisĖtrans_isomerism

(Before the current definition became standard)

Thread Information