X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Georgia.
    Guy keep girl in captivity for over a year. In a dog cage. Sexually abused.

Guy took a plea deal and walked with only 8 months served.

Whenever people ask why women don’t wanna come forward? Maybe because men don’t seem to be getting punished for these things.
    Meanwhile a women is serving 5 years in Tennessee for voter fraud.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...o-prison-time/
    Perp is white and it happened in the South, where we've already established that it's common for a 30-something dude to be hitting on teenage girls at the mall. So of course he gets off with a slap on the wrist.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Perp is white and it happened in the South, where we've already established that it's common for a 30-something dude to be hitting on teenage girls at the mall. So of course he gets off with a slap on the wrist.
      Pretty much.

Edit: "She's of breedin' age, so she's on the market, Billy Bob Jim."
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Boeing Co. knew months before a deadly 737 Max crash that a cockpit alert wasn’t working the way the company had told buyers of the single-aisle jetliner.

But the planemaker didn’t share its findings with airlines or the Federal Aviation Administration until after a Lion Air plane went down off the coast of Indonesia in October, according to a Boeing statement Sunday. The accident occurred after erroneous readings by a single angle-of-attack sensor triggered software that pushed the jet’s nose down until pilots lost control.

Boeing’s latest disclosure raises new questions about the 737 Max’s development and testing -- and the company’s lack of transparency. The alert was supposed to flash when two angle-of-attack vanes sent conflicting data about the relation of the plane’s nose to the oncoming air stream. Boeing had told airlines and pilots that the so-called AOA disagree warning was standard across the Max fleet, as on a previous generation of 737 jets.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Profit, profit, profit. Always more important than safety. Always.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

But I bet the lack of regulations saved some jobs, right

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              But I bet the lack of regulations saved some jobs, right
              You misspelled "dividends." Jobs are a necessary evil that suppress stock prices.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                You misspelled "dividends." Jobs are a necessary evil that suppress stock prices.
                This.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Boy am I glad I didn't buy any Boeing apparel on my last trip there.

Comment

Georgia town not ready for a black employee
                    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...se-he-is-black

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      Georgia town not ready for a black employee
                      https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...se-he-is-black
                      Water is wet.

Comment

Ten years ago, I lived in this little village in Alaska for a couple of years, and then moved back to Denver. This last fall, I moved back to the same village. Back then, I taught a combination 5th/6th grade class. The last group of kids I taught back then graduated last spring, so it's been kind of fun seeing what they're up to. One kid, I had heard, had some legal trouble a while back, and is living in the town that is the travel hub for the Yukon-Kuskokwin Delta. Just in the past few days, I learned that he's been living in prison there, and just got out on parole. It sucks. The thing he did, and by all accounts he appears to have done it, is pretty much the worst thing there is. I mean, that's a matter of opinion. obvs, but this thing, it's gotta be top 3 worst on the list of any decent human being. I would never have seen this coming.

Feeling gross.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                          Ten years ago, I lived in this little village in Alaska for a couple of years, and then moved back to Denver. This last fall, I moved back to the same village. Back then, I taught a combination 5th/6th grade class. The last group of kids I taught back then graduated last spring, so it's been kind of fun seeing what they're up to. One kid, I had heard, had some legal trouble a while back, and is living in the town that is the travel hub for the Yukon-Kuskokwin Delta. Just in the past few days, I learned that he's been living in prison there, and just got out on parole. It sucks. The thing he did, and by all accounts he appears to have done it, is pretty much the worst thing there is. I mean, that's a matter of opinion. obvs, but this thing, it's gotta be top 3 worst on the list of any decent human being. I would never have seen this coming.

Feeling gross.
                          Childhood friend of mine who I traded NES games with and played Little League with got popped for bank robbery a couple years ago and is looking at 25 to life. Life is weird.
                          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by duper View Post
                            top 3 worst on the list of any decent human being.
                            Murder, rape, and....um...being a Gopher fan?
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              Murder, rape, and....um...being a Gopher fan?
                              Right three, wrong order.

Comment

Pardoning war criminals to own the libs.

Comment

Working...
                                X