X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    People quote him so whats the point? Unlss everyone blocks him it doesnt matter. Some never will and quote him all the time so there is no point.
    Most people do have him on ignore and by ignoring him the only time I see anything he writes is when someone quotes him. Since not every post he makes is quoted the vast majority of his garbage I'll never have to read. When he is quoted I scroll past. Everyone else should do the same and eventually he'll have no one to play with.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 04-19-2019, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Most people do have him on ignore and by ignoring him the only time I see anything he writes is when someone quotes him. Since not every post he makes is quoted the vast majority of his garbage I'll never have to read. When he is quoted I scroll past. Everyone else should do the same and eventually he'll have no one to play with.
      https://www.brighteon.com/6027285164001

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        People quote him so whats the point? Unlss everyone blocks him it doesnt matter. Some never will and quote him all the time so there is no point.
        There is still a point. I have him on Ignore so I don't unconsciously respond to him. Even if I f-ck up and respond to some poster who quotes him I'm not feeding his ego by engaging with him.

flag is the obnoxious kid brother so desperate for attention he keeps throwing pebbles against the window while you're making our with your girlfriend. The last thing you want to do in that situation is respond to him, even if it's to whip him. Move the car. And anyway, you shouldn't be making out so close to your house.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't get the whole debate about putting someone on ignore, or why anyone would even go to the trouble to do it.

I used to read the comic strips in my daily paper, and there were at least a half dozen or more that I couldn't stand. I just skipped over them (scrolled past them with my eyes). I never considered it a great burden to me that the paper continued to put them in my edition or that I had to look past them.

Is it really hard to just scroll past the posts of a poster?
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Is it really hard to just scroll past the posts of a poster?
            I can only speak for myself. Ignore helps a lot.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I can only speak for myself. Ignore helps a lot.
              I've never done it. Does it just put a blank spot where the post was, or don't you even know he posted? I will admit that if there was a blank spot there, I'd be curious what it said, so that might be worse for me.
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

I've never done it. Does it just put a blank spot where the post was, or don't you even know he posted? I will admit that if there was a blank spot there, I'd be curious what it said, so that might be worse for me.
                You get the header which includes the poster's name and then:

This message is hidden because FlagDUDE08 is on your ignore list.
                View Post
                Remove user from ignore list
                The bottom 2 lines are clickable actions. View Post makes only the one post visible. I'll occasionally do that and immediately regret it.

It would be better if it simply removed all reference to the post and disappeared him, since that is the aim.
                Cornell University

Comment

Does it just put a blank spot where the post was, or don't you even know he posted? I will admit that if there was a blank spot there, I'd be curious what it said, so that might be worse for me.
                  If you are willing to pay for it, you can get the ignore function enhanced by Medline Plus, where his posts display as black lesions.

Comment

You guys do know you don't have to respond to every post, right? You don't even need to use the ignore feature. Just scroll on by. It isn't that difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      You guys do know you don't have to respond to every post, right? You don't even need to use the ignore feature. Just scroll on by. It isn't that difficult.
                      Some of us are weak. We need the help.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Some of us are bored and need entertainment
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Some of you are taking your preoccupation with me to an unhealthy level if you've spent the last two pages talking about me. Go play a round of disc golf or something.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Some of you are taking your preoccupation with me to an unhealthy level if you've spent the last two pages talking about me. Go play a round of disc golf or something.
                            I agree.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Of course

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Of course

Probably a bunch of drunk retards who couldn't pass the police academy test. But enough about Flaggy's family reunions.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X