X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet: Screw It, I'm Outta Here

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Chik Fil A: We'll stop donating to a political agenda!

But not really.

That, and the fact it's a f-cking chicken sandwich. If I wanted a chicken sandwich that badly, I'll get the buns, the lettuce, the tomato, the mayonnaise, the chicken, and make one myself.
    I don't understand people's obsession with Chick Fil A either. It's OK, not great. You have to ask for extra pickles and sauce for it to have flavor.

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Busch light isn’t beer
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Katrina people going into people's residences and stealing stuff? To me this sounds like they found it in a field while cleaning up...

Not sure how that's the same...
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Katrina people going into people's residences and stealing stuff? To me this sounds like they found it in a field while cleaning up...

Not sure how that's the same...
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It was only "looting" when certain people did it. Other people were "finding" stuff.

Comment

There is context to be said there. Not saying you're wrong, but did the person enter the store? Did the person just see it floating along? Both those captions need more context.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  There is context to be said there. Not saying you're wrong, but did the person enter the store? Did the person just see it floating along? Both those captions need more context.
                  Of course they do.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    Of course they do.
                    The first pic, it's assumed that person entered the store. In the second, it's assumed that the foodstuffs came from a local store, b/c that store was really close. We honestly have no idea about the truth of either of those assumptions. Hence, context needed. This is a perfect example of the problem of today's media.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      The first pic, it's assumed that person entered the store. In the second, it's assumed that the foodstuffs came from a local store, b/c that store was really close. We honestly have no idea about the truth of either of those assumptions. Hence, context needed. This is a perfect example of the problem of today's media.
                      Of course. It's entirely understandable that the black man is described as looting while the white people are described as finding. 100% a coincidence.

Comment

Of course. It's entirely understandable that the black man is described as looting while the white people are described as finding. 100% a coincidence.

You know I'm agreeing with you, right?

Comment

Yeah, it's not like that meme hasn't been fully looked into at all.

Oh wait:
                          https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hu...trina-looters/

Different photographers, different organizations, different context. One was seen coming out of a store, the other wasn't.

For fark's sake, if you're going to play the race card, find a real one to play. It's not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

Oh wait:

Different photographers, different organizations, different context. One was seen coming out of a store, the other wasn't.

For fark's sake, if you're going to play the race card, find a real one to play. It's not that hard.
                            And I agree. In this case, the media twisted this situation (Katrina). In the beer case, it appears to be a truly "found" instance, not looting.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

Oh wait:

There's no race card to play. Racism is a myth. It might have existed once in this country but it was eradicated years ago.

Comment

There's no race card to play. Racism is a myth. It might have existed once in this country but it was eradicated years ago.
                                We already have one Scooby on this Board. You're no Scooby.

Comment

Working...
                                X